WWE's lack of creativity

hallicks

What is WWE's most tired trope?   

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the least inspiring creative idea that they still do?

• Brock as champ
    • Raw vs Smackdown teams at Survivor Series

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/26/2019 at 11:00 PM

19 minutes ago, digitalversicolor said:

I think the issue these days is that McMahon considers it an 'entertainment' company and not a 'wrestling' company anymore (although I know he's always tried to evade being a 'wrestling' company). It used to be that the story lines all tied into the matches as the main focus, so there was reason to invest in the story lines culminating in the wrestling matches you want to see, the heel get his comeuppance or the face get the big title win.

Nowadays, I think if Vince could bin off the actual matches and just be writing Coronation Street episodes instead, that's what he wants. He's just writing shitty reality/soap story lines that happen to need wrestling matches in there somewhere, but they are of no consequence and don't matter, so the matches can be ten stars, but what does it matter if those are just getting in the way and are just a means to an end.

The problem is, the story lines are shite and due to this, the fact that we don't care about the matches as they basically don't matter at all as we're not invested, means that as a whole, it's just a stagnant mess of a company and has been for a long time.

What a strange take. When do you think WWF/WWE switched to the “nowadays” focus on storylines? It feels like you’re just repeating a criticism from fifteen years ago without actually watching WWE in 2019.

25 minutes ago, digitalversicolor said:

I think the issue these days is that McMahon considers it an 'entertainment' company and not a 'wrestling' company anymore (although I know he's always tried to evade being a 'wrestling' company). It used to be that the story lines all tied into the matches as the main focus, so there was reason to invest in the story lines culminating in the wrestling matches you want to see, the heel get his comeuppance or the face get the big title win.

Nowadays, I think if Vince could bin off the actual matches and just be writing Coronation Street episodes instead, that's what he wants. He's just writing shitty reality/soap story lines that happen to need wrestling matches in there somewhere, but they are of no consequence and don't matter, so the matches can be ten stars, but what does it matter if those are just getting in the way and are just a means to an end.

The problem is, the story lines are shite and due to this, the fact that we don't care about the matches as they basically don't matter at all as we're not invested, means that as a whole, it's just a stagnant mess of a company and has been for a long time.

Isn't it basically the opposite of what you say??

There are far too many matches for matches sake these days with little or no backstory to them.

More Storylines is what we want 

Edited by MVP RULZ