Sign in to follow this  
wandshogun09

UFC Moscow: Dos Santos vs Volkov - Nov 9 🇷🇺

Who wins and how?   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Back in Russia on Saturday 9th November with this bad boy in Moscow...

675-FAF97-7961-468-E-A17-B-EAE49-FD5-A26

ESPN+ MAIN CARD
Junior Dos Santos vs Alexander Volkov 

Zabit Magomedsharipov vs Calvin Kattar 

Klidson Abreu vs Shamil Gamzatov 

Ed Herman vs Gadzhimurad Antigulov 

Karl Roberson vs Roman Kopylov 

Davey Grant vs Grigorii Popov

ESPN+ PRELIMS
Magomed Ankalaev vs Dalcha Lungiambula 

Rustam Khabilov vs Sergey Khandozhko 

Danny Roberts vs Zelim Imadaev

Jessica-Rose Clark vs Pannie Kianzad 

Alexander Yakovlev vs Vinc Pichel 

Anthony Rocco Martin vs Ramazan Emeev 

Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs David Zawada 

The UFC continues with their streak of really good European cards. I like this a lot. The main and co-main events are top notch and wouldn’t look out of place on any PPV main card. And the undercard is rammed with largely unsung Russian beasts in mostly fun stylistic matchups.

BD8-E88-B1-85-A1-4-D51-9-FC4-BA5-ECC1-B6

Junior Dos Santos vs Alexander Volkov is a strong headliner for Russia like I said. It’s mad but for a division everyone sees as shallow, it’s amazing that we keep getting these fresh fights popping up. JDS is looking to rebound here after getting Ngannoud in June. He got steamrolled by the old Ngannou Express in a round like everyone else seems to be lately. Before that though, big loveable Junior was on a nice little run with wins over Derrick Lewis, Tai Tuivasa and Blagoy Ivanov. For the longest time people have said JDS is past it but you look at the guys who have beat him over the last few years and it’s Ngannou, Miocic, Overeem and Cain. He’s still schooling the rest fairly comfortably. He probably has lost a step or two. He’s 35 now and has taken a lot of knocks. Those Cain fights were horrific. But I think his decline gets overplayed sometimes. I don’t think he’s gotten much worse, I just think there’s more beasts at the top who’ve caught up now. And Stipe in particular has just raised the bar for everyone. Anyway, so yeah a win for Volkov here puts him in good company. He’s already got a knockout win over Fabrício Werdum. If he can add JDS to his list then that’ll be huge for him. Especially in front of his countrymen. That’s starmaking shit. He’s been inactive for a year now though. We last saw him getting sparked by the Black Beast in the dying seconds of a fight he was winning handily. That was on the undercard of Khabib vs McGregor, for fuck’s sake! He was supposed to fight Overeem on April’s Russia card but he got injured. Hopefully this one stays intact and maybe we get the winners of this and the upcoming Overeem vs Harris fight paired off. 

E301753-F-E8-E6-4-AFB-BC3-A-5-E5-BC19501

Zabit Magomedsharipov vs Calvin Kattar has all the makings of a tremendous fight. This was originally set to take place on the Boston card in October but got moved here. Makes sense really, Zabit fighting in Russia is the obvious choice. Love this fight. Zabit has gained a bit of a cult following over his last few fights. There’s something about watching this scarecrow looking fucker throwing spinning shit and tying people up in weird submissions that is so entertaining to watch. He’s 17-1 now and is coming off the biggest win of his career over Jeremy Stephens in March. He’s facing a really tough test in Calvin Kattar though. Kattar doesn’t have the buzz around him that Zabit does but make no mistake he’s legit. He’s 20-3 and has won 12 out of his last 13 fights. He stopped both Ricardo Lamas and Chris Fishgold in a round apiece in his last 2 outings. He looks the business to me. I’d lean slightly towards Zabit winning but he’s definitely got his hands full in this one. 

217-E6-B24-C838-4-B20-8-DC1-BE82-BBC790-

Klidson Abreu vs Shamil Gamzatov is a fight between two guys I’m not exactly familiar with. I’ve seen Abreu before. He’s primarily a grappler. He’s 15-3 with 14 finishes, 10 by submission. He has a 2015 submission victory of Johnny Walker on his record. Gamzatov is making his debut here. He’s 13-0 with 10 finishes and has most recently fought in the PFL (formerly WSOF) and ACB. 

42-DCE59-A-E0-A0-4-D52-A67-E-8-A74-E1901

Ed Herman vs Gadzhimurad Antigulov will probably be an enjoyable fight for however long it lasts. Herman stopped Patrick Cummins in his last fight in May. His first win in over 3 years. He’s got to be one of the longest serving fighters on the roster now, hasn’t he? From TUF 3 to now, without being sacked and brought back, 13 years and 23 UFC fights. He’s 38 years old now and probably doesn’t have long left in the sport but it’s mad to think how long he’s been around. Antigulov is a tough guy, 20-6 record. He’s coming off back-to-back stoppage losses but he’s always dangerous. Of his 20 career wins he’s finished 19 of them. 

93155-B33-DA01-4312-A089-0-D7004-A613-B1

Karl Roberson vs Roman Kopylov could be a good ‘un. Roberson is 8-2 in MMA with wins in the UFC over Jack Marshman and Darren Stewart. He’s also a former Kickboxer and went the distance with Jerome Le Banner in 2015. Granted, Le Banner was way past his prime by then but still a legend and Roberson took him to the judges. Kopylov sounds like one to watch though. He’s unbeaten at 8-0 with 7 knockouts, won multiple titles in Combat Sambo, was the ACB Middleweight champ and won his last fight with a body shot. He was meant to debut on the Russia card in April but had to pull out with an injury. Hopefully we get to see him this time.

CC01-ABF6-B0-D0-4-AEE-9-A2-F-71-E17271-A

Davey Grant vs Grigorii Popov, don’t really know what to make of this. Grant was on the Rousey vs Tate season of TUF back in 2013 and was fairly popular coming off the show as I recall. Seemed a really good guy. Sadly he suffered injury upon injury after the show and has only fought 3 times since, going 1-2. And again here, he’s coming into this fight off a 16 month lay-off. It just hasn’t panned out for him at all. Popov is 13-2 and has won titles in a few smaller promotions. He got TKO’d by Eddie Wineland in his Octagon debut at UFC 238 in June. It’s one of those who the fuck knows fights but I’d like to see Grant win. Poor prick must be due some good fortune. 

E518157-D-AA5-B-45-DB-9-D2-D-1-BBA1-C815

Magomed Ankalaev vs Dalcha Lungiambula is ***WAND’S ONE TO WATCH***, could be a wild one. Ankalaev is 12-1 with 6 knockouts. The only loss on his record is a submission to Paul Craig in literally the last second, 4:59 of the third round, of a fight Ankalaev was winning. So if he’d managed to hang on one more second in that fight, he’d still be undefeated now. Lungiambula is from South Africa and is 10-1 with 6 finishes. He won his UFC debut in June by knockout. Got a feeling this is going to be just a full-on collision.

28-DE457-F-F5-E4-4988-9-EE3-B0-EAEDB8-DB

Rustam Khabilov vs Sergey Khandozhko is a fight I don’t really know what to think about. On paper it sounds good but I just don’t know where Khabilov is at these days. At one time he was looking like a real breakout contender and a serious potential problem for a lot of guys and he has a win over Jorge Masvidal on his record. But his career has been so stop-start and he’s had so many layoffs. He’s 23-4 currently, coming off a points loss to Carlos Diego Ferreira in February. Before that he was run of 6 consecutive wins. Khandozhko looks decent from bits I’ve seen. He’s 26-5-1 with 17 finishes. Won his UFC debut on the Sweden card in June. 

D8-C5-AD97-2651-44-E3-B74-E-3-EEBCAC2715

Danny Roberts vs Zelim Imadaev is a fight you should probably check out. Roberts is British, 16-5 and was most recently seen on the wrong end of Michel Pereira’s highlight reel UFC debut in May. He’s had his moments but he’s lost decisively every time he’s stepped up to that next level. Usually entertaining to watch though, win or lose. Imadaev is yet another young Russian prospect. The influx of Russian standouts over the last couple of years has been really noticeable. They’ve been coming through in Bellator for a bit but it seems like the scene has really exploded now, particularly since the rise of Khabib. Anyway, Imadaev is just 24 years old and he’s 8-1 with 8 knockouts. 

316-E778-C-D73-F-4063-92-AA-40-F9-AB7-F6

Jessica-Rose Clark vs Pannie Kianzad should be a lively one. Clark has been out with a knee injury and hasn’t fought since June 2018. Quite enjoyed her fights from what I remember. She has UFC wins over Paige VanZant and Bec Rawlings. Kianzad is Iranian, 11-5, former TUFer, former Cage Warriors champ. This is actually a rematch. They met in 2015 on an Invicta card and Kianzad won on points.

A7800-E4-E-940-F-47-C3-A3-FB-37-F7-CF749

Alexander Yakovlev vs Vinc Pichel is decent undercard filler. Yakovlev has been around a bit. He’s 35 now and 24-8-1. He’s gone the distance with Kamaru Usman and Demian Maia and has wins over Paul Daley and Gray Maynard. He’s not elite at the UFC level but he’s a good technical fighter. Pichel is 12-2 and from what I recall is just a pure scrapper. He’s won 5 of his last 6, to be fair. With the loss being to Gregor Gillespie, so no shame there. He beat Roosevelt Roberts last time out. Decent fight. 

B7865-DCA-B341-4785-9-FC4-7455-CA7-CF63-

Anthony Rocco Martin vs Ramazan Emeev is an OK fight. Martin lost to Demian Maia in his last fight but was on a pretty strong 4 fight win streak before that. And Emeev is 18-3 and coming off 7 wins in a row. Another Russian to keep a look out for. 

915496-F6-800-C-4-E72-AEB5-8-F51-D4-C58-

Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs David Zawada. This’ll be my introduction to both of these guys. Abubakar is Khabib’s cousin. He’s 29 years old from Dagestan with a 15-2-1 record and is a Russian national Combat Sambo champion. Zawada is German, 16-5 with 14 finishes. Nicknamed ‘Sagat’ for some reason. Looks nothing like him. No eye patch, fuck all. Maybe he fights like him. 

UFC Moscow. 

08E76CA0-0787-435C-95ED-8D16A4D2D729.gif

Edited by wandshogun09