The Official Dolph Ziggler Appreciation Thread

The Maestro

• Paid Members

That time he was Kerwin White's caddy was good. He should give Chavo a buzz and get the band back together. Then he peaked as a water carrier in the spirit squad.

Edit: Fuck me @HarmonicGenerator. Right from under my nose. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Image result for nicky spirit squad

That's what I was getting at. He was good then, been downhill since.

In that single image above he's portraying his character far better than he's ever managed to get over whatever he's supposed to have been for the past ten years. 

• Paid Members

Cashing in Money In The Bank on Alberto, and that Survivor Series match were probably the high points of his career. Maybe when he'd turn up on Z: True Long Island Stories. I thought he's like a Mr Perfect type where he'd be a good secondary champion, or that guy you can stick your newly minted champion in his first feud with to make him look good. 

• Paid Members

I've still not got over that time when he won the US Title, but then just relinquished it and fucked off instead, then inexplicably came back in the Royal Rumble, didn't win, then just carried on being an undercard chump, never again mentioning what the hell happened or why he left. Sums his character up perfectly. He's been on TV for over a decade and I couldn't tell you the first thing about him. Imagine that much TV time and all anyone has to describe you is, "says he's a good wrestler, wears denim, shit hair."

Edited by Supremo

When I went to Raw in 2006, I brought a sign that said "I CAME FOR THE MALE CHEERLEADERS". He noticed it and gave me a nod from the turnbuckle. I liked that.

Over the rest of his career, as people have said, there have been fits and starts where he shows quality. Even recently, he played an excellent foil to Goldberg. I think he just epitomises one of WWE's problems over recent years. Too many guys with no discernible gimmick or character because they like everyone to be interchangeable/versatile and have a long shelf life. He's basically the Spam of professional wrestling.