Clerks 3 is coming out!

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Clerks is the only really good film Smith's ever made. Mallrats is funny for the most part and Chasing Amy has the odd moment, but at least Clerks had some overall narrative momentum rather than just a bunch of shit jokes and speeches cobbled together incoherently.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’ll still happily go to bat for Red State

Then I'm Jofra Archer bowling 95mph bouncers at you.

It'll be interesting to see how Smith manages to wedge a story about him having a heart attack into the script when his character is silent. I swear, he's as bad banging on about that as Howard was about going into space in Big bang Theory.

Hopefully he'll wear clothes that actually fit him as well.

Dogma is fun. I watched it not too long ago and its still a good yarn. Rickman steals it but then when doesn't he? The first 4 Smith films will always mean a lot to me as I watched them as a teenager, but I agree that Clerks is the one that holds up the most as it still feels like something new and its funny. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

What's the latest on his Mallrats sequel series? He claimed it was going to be too much material for a mere movie and that it was going to be a 10 episode series called Mallbrats, but a network hadn't picked it up? Maybe it's part of the deal for him directing the Master Of The Universe sequel that Netflix will have to do Mallbrats? 

My understanding is that Universal had no interest in making the film version and they flat out refuse to license their properties to other parties so the film version died there and then. However Universal TV would be willing to license it as a TV show. So he rewrote it as a mini series. Trouble was nobody else wanted it either.

Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma and Tusk are all great IMO. Red State is worth watch to but the opening sucks.

• Paid Members

Clerks 2 has Rosario Dawson falling in love with Brian O'Halloran which is probably the most unbelievable romance in movie history. I loved Smith's films when I was a teenager but can't stomach them these days. He's got writing talent but his films are just people standing in front of a static camera talking with no attempts or ability to use any filming, editing, lighting, sound or music to enhance the films whatsoever.