Clerks 3 is coming out!

IANdrewDiceClay

8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm sure I remember somebody who is normally highly respected around these parts claiming that Clerks 2 was better than the original.

Come on now. We all know this isn’t true.

I like Kevin Smith and some of his films but there’s no need for him to make any other films, let alone Clerks 3!!!!

• Paid Members

What's the latest on his Mallrats sequel series? He claimed it was going to be too much material for a mere movie and that it was going to be a 10 episode series called Mallbrats, but a network hadn't picked it up? Maybe it's part of the deal for him directing the Master Of The Universe sequel that Netflix will have to do Mallbrats? 

10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm sure I remember somebody who is normally highly respected around these parts claiming that Clerks 2 was better than the original.

Clerks is definitely the better film, but Clerks 2 is far funnier. Take away any previous references and it's just a silly throwaway dick and fart film.

"This tastes like piss and flies, don't it?" is the best line in the movie.

• Paid Members

Kevin Smith was a huge inspiration for me, in terms of going out and doing shit rather than just talking about it. His ambition when he was young was an amazing thing, and he did some work I liked (I'm the guy that still loves Chasing Amy). Watching him learn and improve was really interesting to watch. But Christ, ever since he started doing those live talks, he's seemed like he thinks he peaked, and got lazy, concentrating mainly on his fanbase and thinking it's hilarious that he smokes weed. 

I'd love to see the Kevin Smith with something to prove back.

Also found Clerks 2 funnier, mind you when I saw it in the cinema I was the perfect singular representation of that burnout audience its crassness was obviously going for in a bigger way than the first one. First one's fine, too, but its monochrome, act title cards and "let's sit on the floor and talk about direction" monologues hardly put it into some loftier bracket. Smith's the director for that part of your life where you're dying to put across all your points about freeing the ganja.