WWE Clash Of Champions 2019

TildeGuy~!

I wouldn't be surprised if Harper and Rowan weren't being put back together to form some kind of alliance with The Fiend. So that they can work as a form of weekly live tv presence for The Fiend without Wyatt himself overly exposing himself.

Cos his character doesn't really have any long term potential. It's been great thus far but but it's like horror movie teasing a monster throughout, only revealing him toward the end (Balor) do some big nasty shit (beat Seth for title) then end credits when they've nothing else left for him to do.

Maybe Rowan and Harper together can keep him off screen enough before Mania so he doesn't go completely stale and further a storyline against face Bryan for the big belt then.

But either way I think The Fiend only ever had short term potential and the fans are going to shit over the wwe for their mishandling of a character that never could have a long term life span given the history of Bray Wyatt. If he was brand new like Kane at baad blood then yea, you could book him as monster killer that doesn't go longer than 5 minute matches. But history kills that.

He doesn't have 5 star matches in his locker to keep the good will going and I'd imagine The Fiend would be more of a few word or even silent promo so wouldn't hang too much on that and I'm not sure whatever he does in the fun house is strong enough to carry it.

Anyways I wanna be wrong, but can't see interest being held after putting him the ring a few times. Hoping something like a Harper/Rowan alliance can give him more time off screen.

Felt like a decent-ish episode of Raw.

Becky/Sasha was a lovely bit of business, great intensity from the off and it got me hyped for the rematch. The promo and brawl were exactly the shot in the arm that Becky's run has badly needed.

It took a bit of shine off the Roman/Rowan brawl, which went twice as long as it needed and should have been booked as a straight up slugfest rather than Roman-in-peril. Good stuff though. Over the moon to see Harper back. I hope he at least gets some decent match time with Roman before being slotted back into tag team guy.

AJ/Cedric was a ball of fire. Well harsh on Cedric though, felt like spiteful hometown loser booking with AJ's two count pull up and post-match beat down. That and Charlotte Flair getting shafted definitely took the sting out of the crowd for a good stretch of the show.

I'm still enjoying this Bayley thing. The way she legged it after sneaking the victory was hilarious and genuinely the best thing she's done on the main roster.

Everything else was perfectly missable. Orton/Kofi outright sucked. It's a shame because the promos and the beatdowns have been some of the best stuff all year, Orton in particular has been a treat. Inevitably though, when the bell rings, it's still just another shitty, boring, Randy Orton match. He made Kofi look like shit as well. 

The Seth situation is classic WWE. No foresight in building up challengers since Mania, now it's biting them in the arse. For somebody they're so desperate to get cheered they've absolutely bungled Seth Rollins. No way this guy is getting cheered over Bray Wyatt, but who else is there? Braun/Seth was decent, but it's jarring as fuck watching the no-selling, flippy-do-dah Seth Rollins beat the friendly giant. A part of me died when that three count hit the mat. The Braun ship has truly sailed and it will never not hurt. This reign of terror has to end. Wyatt has to dispose of this nerd in quick time. Anything less then we're all fucking doomed

Not to sound like of of “dem”, but they’ve got all these people on the roster, why the hell are Braun and Seth both pulling double duty? Where’s Richchet, Aleister Black, Samoa Joe, Cesaro, Ali, Andrade, Rey Mysterio, Buddy Murphy, The Usos...They can’t all be out injured surely? You could’ve had Gable and Corbin on opposing sides in a Tag match to hype the KOTR final for RAW. Alright, every Title was being defended, but why have they put themselves into a position where 2 guys had to be in 2 matches in the first place?You’ve got all these guys available to use, yet they’re doing nothing while others are having to do 2 matches. You’re paying them a wage, do something with them

Therr just never seems to be a hint of any long-term planning

As for the show itself, little raised above being average, but there’s been worse shows. I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for Rowan, him being a massive strongman and all, but Christ he should never be going nearly 20 minutes with anyone

And oh yeah, Roode has a clean pin over the Universal Champion, I’m sure that’ll get followed up on. I’m not suggesting that Roode should be in a top-line feud for the belt, but...he has pinned the champion, that should matter! Even if you just do one match, even if it’s on RAW, make that result mean something

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, C-Rock said:

I can't see how a character change makes Bray Wyatt less unbeatable, he's already lost to Seth and many others. It's only Bray with a mask on and some scary music...oh yeah it's wrestling lol

Fucking hell, who left the door off the latch and let you back in.

• Paid Members

Watched maybe half of the show last night.

• Should be over it by now, as it's WWE 101, but I hate cobbled together singles guys doing better than established tag teams. If they wanted Ziggler and Roode to be a dominant heel team, they could have teamed them up and had them string some wins together before the match that earned them a PPV title shot here.
    It doesn't help that Rollins feels like an absolute scrub. He's beaten Brock Lesnar twice in recent memory, and is no better off than when he started - if anything, he's in a worse position than he was before the second match. Not helped by the announcers saying how the heel team's strategy should be "make sure Braun Strowman doesn't get in the ring" - what a way to put over your babyface world champion, he's the weakest member of the tag team.
    That Rollins effectively lost clean to Bobby Roode, in WWE terms a complete no-hoper, is ridiculous. No wonder no one gets over. Yes, they did a miscommunication spot, but it was a shoulder tackle. The guy who beat Brock Lesnar was sufficiently knocked out by a shoulder tackle to get pinned by a midcard guy's finish? How the hell is he world champion? They could have explained it away by saying that he lost because he wasn't sufficiently focused, or even that he was prepared to risk one defeat to remain fresher for the main event, but nope. 
    Hell, why did they even have them work double duty in the first place? The roster's stacked, there's no need for it. And it's not like it added any drama or tension to the main event, because they both did it. If it were just Rollins, or just Strowman, they'd be coming in at a disadvantage, and that would be the story. As they both worked twice, what does it matter? It's a level playing field.

• Becky's promo, starting with the corporate-mandated reminder that she's Seth Rollins' Girlfriend, felt like charisma desperately attempting to burst through an overly scripted promo. The look in her eyes told more of a story than the material she was given.

• First time seeing heel Bayley, and it's great, feels like a logical extension of the character she was before, rather than a "boo, she's a baddy now" abrupt turn. Weird dynamic with heel Bayley and face Charlotte, but it worked well enough.

• Did anyone get over from The Miz vs. Nakamura? Sami Zayn came out of it looking like a coward, Nakamura came out of it looking like a guy who can't win without help, and Miz came out of it looking like a gullible idiot who'll fall for the slightest distraction.

Becky v Sasha was the best part of the night for me.  The Man's best outing since Wrestlemania, she looked like a badass again.  Great brawl through the crowd too - the whole match felt a bit like an Attitude match with its chaos.  Bring on the rematch!  

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

Becky v Sasha was the best part of the night for me.  The Man's best outing since Wrestlemania, she looked like a badass again.  Great brawl through the crowd too - the whole match felt a bit like an Attitude match with its chaos.  Bring on the rematch!  

I enjoyed the Becky/Sasha match too, best match on the show.

The rematch will no doubt be in that ugly red cell though which I think will ruin it to be honest.

5 hours ago, BomberPat said:
  • Did anyone get over from The Miz vs. Nakamura? Sami Zayn came out of it looking like a coward, Nakamura came out of it looking like a guy who can't win without help

You seem like you have a really good understanding of wrestling, so I'm surprised you don't seem to understand that these guys are both heels.  You have a point with The Miz though, but most everyone in WWE seems to be really easily distracted and easy to defeat just because some music's playing or whatever.