This should have happened instead...

RedRooster

10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Roman’s, “This is my yard, now,” promo after beating The Undertaker at Wrestlemania should’ve been the start of a smug, dickhead heel run. He’d be the biggest thing in the sport now.

Y’know, you’re probably right. A heel run followed by the cancer diagnosis and subsequent return would probably have set Roman up to be a mega-face rather than the very tepid feeling character that he is now.

Another one for me:

At Wrestlemania 29 they should have gone with Punk/Rock for the title instead of Cena/Rock 2. 

Give Cena the ‘Taker match and you suddenly have (in my opinion) a much stronger card.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LEGIT said:

I always use these threads to say Lex should have got the belt from Yoko at Summerslam 93. 

Definitely this. However it works out great for Bret and the Owen story in 94 as it is, so there would need to be a screwy finish in a Yoko lex rematch at the rumble to keep the two Bret matches existing to justify it.

• Paid Members

Reigns should have won the Rumble in 2014 when he set that record for the number of eliminations. They could have use Evolution nonsense to get Batista back into the Mania main event to further build toward the Shield/Evolution feud. It would have felt more organic than when he trotted out at number 27 and won because Kane and Big Show eliminated each other. Also fans would have been into it more. 

59 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Reigns should have won the Rumble in 2014 when he set that record for the number of eliminations. They could have use Evolution nonsense to get Batista back into the Mania main event to further build toward the Shield/Evolution feud. It would have felt more organic than when he trotted out at number 27 and won because Kane and Big Show eliminated each other. Also fans would have been into it more. 

That would have deprived us of Daniel Bryan’s win, and that amazing moment of Connor getting to see his hero come out on top at Wrestlemania. I can’t agree with this one for that reason. Brought a tear to my eye.

Besides don’t think this route would have left Reigns in any a better position than he’s in now. 

Edited by RedRooster

Cena should have faced Taker at Mania 30 to end the streak by kicking him in the bollocks and all other sorts of shady shenanigans. Cena's not done enough of note in that time that I can think of off the top of my head for the pros of him being a face to outweigh the pros of him being a heel and putting over a new top face.

Obviously Lesnar winning it in the way he did is iconic and was breathtaking but Cena turning heel was the better long term decision in my mind. They just needed to book the upcoming face well which WWE struggle to do.

Also, anyone but Baron Corbin should have faced Kurt Angle at Mania in his last match.

• Paid Members

I still believe they should have had Santino win the Rumble in 2011. I get that he's a comedy act, and has no business main eventing Mania (but Del Rio didn't anyway), but the pop was huge when he re-emerges at the end of that match.

Having an out-of-the-blue winner one year would make it seem less predictable and that was a great opportunity to do just that. Also Del Rio is fucking shite. 

• Paid Members

I always wished the Ric Flair retirement angle had played out the way Stone Cold reportedly pitched it, with Ric himself deciding that his next loss would mean he’d retire, rather than Vince. It’s not a big thing, and it still proved successful, but I definitely felt like some of the drama and sentimentality was lost when it became just another McMahon power-play storyline.