Times you were a spoilt bastard

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Triggered (not like that) by Otto mentioning Fully Loaded 2000. I remember being so pissed that Benoit, Jericho and Angle all got beat on that show when they could have made one or more of them.

What a stupid time to be hung up on stuff like that. Would kill for shows of that quality now, with that level of star, that crowd, that quality of match and that excitement for the next night.

Dickhead.

Daniel Bryan not only opening a Wrestlemania as World Champion but being jobbed out in 18 seconds

Daniel Bryan winning the WWE title at Summerslam over John Cena only to lose it 10 minutes later to feed a double heel turn for Triple H and Randy Orton

Daniel Bryan going over all of Evolution to win the WWE title at Mania only to be given Kane as his only title feud and play second fiddle to the Shield/Evolution feud

• Paid Members

A recent one, Minoru Suzuki not winning the IWGP Heavyweight title at Royal Quest. It would have been the most amazing cap on a fantastic show to see in person, but I should have been just happy with an incredible show and a cracking main event. I was seeing bloody NEW JAPAN only an hour or so from my house, something I couldn't imagine even a few years back watching Wrestle Kingdom on a shitty Ustream feed. Proper spoilt!

Edited by mim731

RVD not beating Angle and Austin to win the WWF title at No Mercy 2001. Think RVD had been in the company about 3 months and was busy injuring everyone he wrestled at the time. How dare they!

Punk /HHH, shortly after Punk's pipebomb. This period all bleeds into one for me so couldn't give you a date or event. Granted,  It still makes no booking sense to have H go over and I was outraged with a capital O at the time. But in hindsight, I find the outcot hilarious as Punk is such a thin skinned whiny cunt and it probably still eats him alive to this day that he had to put Hunter over.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I remember being so pissed that Benoit, Jericho and Angle all got beat on that show when they could have made one or more of them.

Everyone felt like that the next morning. The bile online was unreal. Even worse that they Dusty Finished Benoit. 

• Paid Members

Fully Loaded 2000 is one of my favourite shows just due to how strong everyone looks coming out of it despite their losses. Jericho looks stronger having being beaten by Trips by one second, Benoit arguably got screwed and still got the visual pinfall over The Rock, Angle had some terrific backstage moments with 'Taker, E&C survived an APA beating and the Hardys and T&A had one of the hottest openers of all time. 

The next PPV was Summerslam and look where most of those guys were positioned;

WWF Intercontinental Title Mixed Tag Team Match
Trish Stratus & Val Venis vs. Chyna & Eddie Guerrero

Best Two Out Of Three Falls Match
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

WWF World Tag Team Title Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match
Christian & Edge (c) vs. The Dudley Boyzvs. The Hardy Boyz 

Kane vs. The Undertaker

WWF World Heavyweight Title Triple Threat Match
The Rock (c) vs. Kurt Angle vs. Triple H

All mid-to-upper card placements, with fully-fleshed out angles and exciting stipulations. Fully Loaded did it's job as an excellent B-Level PPV in getting everyone ready for the really big show the following month.

None of that was on-topic, but I just felt like showing some love for FL200 as well as WWF 2000 in general.

As far as The Rock and Triple H go neither were at a point where a loss would have been of any benefit as both were in the title match at SummerSlam, Triple H had lost the WWF title a month earlier and the Rock only just won it. A case perhaps for Angle but the skits built his character so well and he did get his win back later on in the year. As  Accident Prone mentioned both Benoit and Jericho came out of it looking like stars to me.

Not sure its in the same vein but ROH's initial tour over here in 2006, I had tickets to the Broxbourne show as it was down the road from my Uni. I remember getting more and more pissed off that they simply planned the Liverpool show down to the letter and mentioned nothing about the Broxbourne show the next night. Even on the night getting 2 Bryan Danielson title defenses of supurb quality, a brutal match between the Briscoes and Richards/ Sydal and all over matches being decent. I went home annoyed that it was basically a glorified house show instead of a top level ROH spectacular like the night before.