Southside Wrestling closes down and merges with Rev Pro

Accident Prone

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I went to Southside for my first BritWres event. Ted Dibiase was there as was Tommy Dreamer, who did wrestle (can’t remember who against although it was a shit match)

Noam Dar was there and I think the main event was Pete Dunne vs MK McKinnon who I was convinced was going to be a massive star (is he still around?)

Had a lovely time, so sad to see them go. 

Edit: Just remembered that that’s how’s I found out about this place, so fuck Southside.

He is indeed. His most recent forays into the limelight include him managing to injure Jonathan Gresham at a RevPro show, and then get called out on Twitter for comments regarding men and women now being equal. 

I wasn't really watching BritWres when everyone seemed to think really highly of him, but I've always thought he was shit. I couldn't believe RevPro chose him for a singles match with Naito of all people.

• Paid Members

M K McKinnon was one of those guys who didn't wrestle to his size, which would have admittedly been difficult because he was fucking tiny, had some of the least threatening strikes you've ever seen and had a look that said that the Milky Bar Kid was lounging by the pool on the Italian Riviera. 

I saw him wrestle for Southside a couple of times, one of those was at one of the SpeedKing tournaments where he had a match that seemed to consist of mainly shit suplexes, shit strikes, and a suicide drive that almost made me want to commit suicide. 

I think it's safe to say I'm not a fan. 

As for Southside, they put on some good shows, Ben seemed like a decent bloke for a wrestling promoter and I hope he continues to be involved in the British wrestling scene. 

I know Ben has had a lot of offers over the years but is sure this is the best one for him and his family, so good on him. 

Pro Wrestling Chaos and Southside both closing in the next 6 months is sad for the variety of wrestling in this country though - two promotions who worked hard on presentation and booking quality wrestlers on the whole. 

• Paid Members
On 9/8/2019 at 5:48 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

M K McKinnon was one of those guys who didn't wrestle to his size, which would have admittedly been difficult because he was fucking tiny, had some of the least threatening strikes you've ever seen and had a look that said that the Milky Bar Kid was lounging by the pool on the Italian Riviera. 

I saw him wrestle for Southside a couple of times, one of those was at one of the SpeedKing tournaments where he had a match that seemed to consist of mainly shit suplexes, shit strikes, and a suicide drive that almost made me want to commit suicide. 

I think it's safe to say I'm not a fan. 

Didn’t he no show a southside show and get called a fat lesbian looking shite hawk by Kirby as an explanation or am I imaging that?

I used to enjoy going to southside shows, near to me and a good mix of UK names who are good, old WWF guys and indy names. They had Pete Dunn too, but no ones perfect. I remember really enjoying the barbwire match they did until drew gulak started rubbing his buttocks on my crotch, the dirty old fecker. That said it's been about 4 years since I made it to one now due to one thing and another. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's more likely its because its very public that RevPro own southside, and after the massive furore last week with Bodum and the referee they don't want talent to be associated with Andy Quildan. and quite rightly.

also, Southside wouldn't exist if it wasn't for WWE, and the guys their losing wouldn't be Wrestlers if it wasn't for WWE, and they pay these guys a very healthy guarenteed sum every month - they can do what they want.

2 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Knew this would happen, and to the above post, this is just how WWE is it isn’t due to what happened last week with Bodom.

I don't think so. I'm confident this is because RevPro and Quildan are dodgy, and I wouldn't trust them with my talent if I was paying them as healthily as WWE do either.