Stupid things you routinely do or say

gmoney

• Paid Members

Whenever I am out and about with my partner and we go past somewhere that we viewed when we were looking at places to buy, I will point at it, sigh, and say "what could have been" wistfully. I think it made her laugh once or twice and now she just ignores me, but I very much enjoy it nonetheless. 

What do you do for your own enjoyment? 

• Paid Members

Every time I sneeze no matter how small I'll instantly say 'ouch' after it. No idea why or for how long I've been doing it but I find it stupid as hell and entertaining my brain is so frazzled. 

For a while at uni I would when drunk try and fit in TV shows or songs or films into conversation to annoy me friends. Only stopped after trying to play a pun of "Edge of glory" by Lady Gaga as the hedge of glory and trying to climb on top of a hedge only to fall into it and require two people getting me out. Ego bruised, body bruised. 

Outside work we always have had a lot of crows nesting and i have to go outside to talk to drivers. If one flies over my head and caws, i immediately stop the conversation and shout loudly "Fuck off, keep your beak out!", which generally gets a laugh, as it is a massive contrast to the normal friendly conversation.

• Paid Members

I have a routine with my cat and dog's dinner time, where I'll bellow at the top of my lungs, "WHO...WANTS....SOME.......DINNER???" in the style of a 90's gameshow host. It drives them up the fucking wall, to the point where I only have to say "WHO...." before they're bouncing up and down the house with excitement. I'm sure the neighbors love it.

Someone in work pointed out that I say the word 'indeed' ("it is indeed, I can indeed, I will indeed etc) a lot when I'm taking on the phone. I hate talking on the phone in general, and now I'm super self conscious that I sound like an utter gobshite whenever I pick up the office phone.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I have a routine with my cat and dog's dinner time, where I'll bellow at the top of my lungs, "WHO...WANTS....SOME.......DINNER???" in the style of a 90's gameshow host. It drives them up the fucking wall, to the point where I only have to say "WHO...." before they're bouncing up and down the house with excitement. I'm sure the neighbors love it.

I do something very similar with one of my dogs in particular I will give it " oh its time, it's time its dinner time...."

Obviously matching Vaders cadence as much as possible 

1 hour ago, DCW said:

Someone in work pointed out that I say the word 'indeed' ("it is indeed, I can indeed, I will indeed etc) a lot when I'm taking on the phone. I hate talking on the phone in general, and now I'm super self conscious that I sound like an utter gobshite whenever I pick up the office phone.

Stupid sexy DCW.

I have to beep "a shave and a haircut...." whenever i drive through a tunnel with the kids.  Hardly anyone ever does the "two bits" but when they do it's going off big time in the Dangermobile.