Depressing wrestling stories?

TheToeSucker

Larry Sweeny.

Went from being one of the freshest things in the business to hanging lifeless from a ringpost as the trainees start showing up.

I get the feeling he was legit homeless when he was running his "wrestling show" in a parking lot close to that year's wrestlemania. Was some depressing shit.

Edited by Whistling Skull
Nuance

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

When my sister hadn’t paid her cable bill so she wasn’t allowed to order PPVs, and I had to watch WrestleMania 21 in grainy thumbnail size because she had crap broadband as well.

One year my mum wouldn't buy us Summerslam so my brother had to download it off WinMX and it took three days. We were too afraid to do anything else on the PC until it finished.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Whistling Skull said:

Larry Sweeny.

Went from being one of the freshest things in the business to hanging lifeless from a ringpost as the trainees start showing up.

I get the feeling he was legit homeless when he was running his "wrestling show" in a parking lot close to that year's wrestlemania. Was some depressing shit.

I'm absolutely fascinated by Larry Sweeney. He came about at a time when I wasn't paying any attention to independent wrestling but watching him back? Fucking hell, that guy was a good laugh. Absolutely everything I love about pro wrestling; a daft, whacky prick that your Dad would shake his head at but secretly love. I feel like if he'd come about a decade later and hadn't had the mental health problems he'd have been a massive, massve success. In this current climate I could easily see a bidding war between AEW and NXT to get him. Such a shame.