UFC Vancouver: Cerrone vs Gaethje - Sep 14 🇨🇦

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm genuinely glad I stayed up to watch this what a fucking fantastic card all round. There were some amazing fights and some questionable fights too. 

The main event was absolutely incredible and went completely the opposite way to how i called it however gaethje was on phenomenal form and his post fight interview went the opposite way again and he completely dismissed conor as he's retired and he wants a real fighter so expect 50p to be put in conor tomorrow.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:16 AM, wandshogun09 said:

Every time I think I’ve seen all the nutty Pereira clips out there, another one surfaces. Just fucking look at this shit, will you...

Who does that? This mad bastard, that’s who. 

It does look like the other guy lands on his back with Pereira completely open to a guillotine. Why no go for a simple slam and and get into side control. Save your energy for beating your opponent.

The UFC should make Khabib vs Ferguson next, and have Gaethje on stand-by in case one drops out (again). Anything other than Khabib vs Ferguson would be a let-down. But Khabib vs Gaethje, or Ferguson vs Gaethje, would be suitable replacements. 

Aldo can keep McGregor busy. 

Edited by jimufctna24

6 minutes ago, David said:

Well, Pereira was the drizzling shits, wasn't he? A lot of cool, flashy moves but fuck all really of substance. Entertaining, but I don't see him doing much unless he's able to up his game. The Canadian lad who bested him wasn't exactly a top level fighter either.

He was promoted as this don't blink because you will miss something and for that first round he was impressive but there was only a couple of flashy stuff that had the chance to do damage. Second and expecially the third round he showed the many flaws in his game and turned out to be another fighter that has all the energy to finish but past the first round he has nothing dangerous to offer 

• Paid Members

As expected, this was a really entertaining show.

Gaethje vs Cerrone was good while it lasted. Sounds sadistic but my only gripe is that I wish we got another round or two before it ended. Gaethje for me has solidified himself now as the next in line after Ferguson. First round knockouts of Vick, Barboza and Cerrone is good going. 

Love that. I’m not saying I think it’s how it’d go but I’d love to see Gaethje spark McGregor out cold. And then to see how McGregor and his mutant bumlicker followers would somehow twist it so they could sleep at night. 

At this point, if McGregor is coming back then Gaethje vs McGregor is absolutely the fight to make. If not, then Gaethje deserves the winner of the Khabib vs Ferguson fight that we better be getting next. 

Glover vs Krylov was pretty good. Glover, on the eve of being 40 in a few weeks, is still a badass. I love the way he escaped that choke in the first round then almost immediately wobbled Krylov on the feet. He’s granite. It was a tough fight and fairly close but I felt like Glover did enough to get the win so didn’t have a problem with the decision. Krylov had his moments in every round but I don’t think I could’ve scored him two rounds. 

Duffee vs Hughes was the down moment of the main card. Proper flat ending with the eyepoke. Duffee has one of the oddest careers ever. Just one thing after another with him. 

Pereira vs Connelly was fun for all the wrong and right reasons. I love the way Twitter twats had a meltdown after this and completely turned on Pereira. Yeah, there are plenty of flaws in his game but I don’t think many of the people hyping him before this show were predicting him to become the champ or anything. The buzz around Pereira seemed to me to be almost exclusively that his weird style was bags of fun to watch. He’s like a Lando Vannata to me. I don’t particularly care if they never get in title contention. But if I see their names on a card, I’m all over it. Those kind of guys are unlike anyone else on the roster and I find it refreshing. I get that there wasn’t a great deal you could say positively about his performance here but it was like some fans saw the majority of the MMA community getting a kick out of Pereira and were just waiting for him to drop a bollock so they could tell everyone how shit he is after the fight. 

Anyway, it was an exciting fight to watch. Regardless of what Pereira did or didn’t do, I thought Connelly fought a fantastic fight himself. Especially on short notice and with Pereira missing weight. Apparently they got FOTN and Connelly got the full $100k because Pereira didn’t make weight. Nice to see him get rewarded like that and what a mad story. Took this fight last minute and walks away with a big win and a cheque for $100gs on top of his fight purse. As for Pereira, I don’t think he needs to completely sack off all the theatrics. It’s what makes him him and partly what makes his style effective. But he could probably reign it in a bit so he’s not fucking gassing during the Buffer intros 🙄

Misha Cirkunov busting out the Peruvian necktie was sweet. Don’t see many of them. Doing it to an undefeated prospect was even more impressive as people were starting to get high on Crute. Cirkunov needed something like this coming off that quick knockout loss to Johnny Walker. 

Sakai vs Tybura ending quickly was a pleasant surprise. I was fully expecting a 15 minute sluggish plodfest but Sakai did him in a minute. Fair play. He might’ve redeemed himself for that Kongo stinker with this for me. 

And Skelly vs Griffin, fuck me, if you skipped the prelims do yourself a favour and just watch this fight. It’s fantastic. Reminded me a bit of Tyson Griffin vs Clay Guida or Diego Sanchez vs Nick Diaz all those years ago. One of those frantic grappling wars where they’re all over the place like a pair of lizards. I actually had this as FOTN but they got fuck all in the way of bonuses as far as I can tell, which is criminal. Tremendous fight. I started off kind of half watching it and half playing with my daughter so wasn’t really paying attention at first. But every time I looked up they were in a completely different position and going 100 miles an hour. I paused it and started it again when my wife took the kids to her mums because I knew I should wait and watch it properly. Seriously, give it a look. 15 minutes well spent. 

Top show. Couple of lacklustre fights but the stuff I expected to deliver did and that Skelly vs Griffin match just reminded me why I still bother checking out the prelims. 

• Paid Members

Pereira should change nothing. He fights like someone is button mashing him, which is his charm. Similar to wand, I can't say I had him down as any great prospect, rather just a wild guy that can be fun to watch.

I didn't fancy Cowboy's chances in the main event, but was surprised it ended in the first. Well up for Gaethje v McGregor.

Pereira will need to change shit up a bit if he plans on keeping his job beyond three or four fights. The choice is his. If he continues as he is, he'll get handled another couple of times and released, and those flips and cool kicks will mean fuck all.

If he can temper it a bit, making it more effective then he can maybe carve himself a career in the UFC. Time will tell.

• Paid Members

Dammit, Shoeface lost again? I'm done with Hall at this point, now I just find him annoying. He's talented, but stupidly inconsistent - and he only seems to turn it on when it comes to derailing people that I'd like to see progress. The cock.

Glad to see @bAzTNM#1's American cousin Chas Skelly get back into winning ways.

• Paid Members
On 9/15/2019 at 4:53 PM, David said:

Pereira will need to change shit up a bit if he plans on keeping his job beyond three or four fights. The choice is his. If he continues as he is, he'll get handled another couple of times and released, and those flips and cool kicks will mean fuck all.

If he can temper it a bit, making it more effective then he can maybe carve himself a career in the UFC. Time will tell.

He probably needs to go upto 185 too. The weight cut + the walkout/first round antics led to one of the fastest emptyings of a tank i think ive ever seen in MMA. 

Tristan Connelly didnt look like UFC material to me really but holy shit he made a night of it, a double bonus, 20% of Pereira's purse and his own purse. Good on him.

Thoughts on the Todd Duffee stoppage?

• Paid Members
On 9/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, Carbomb said:

Dammit, Shoeface lost again? I'm done with Hall at this point, now I just find him annoying. He's talented, but stupidly inconsistent - and he only seems to turn it on when it comes to derailing people that I'd like to see progress. The cock.

Glad to see @bAzTNM#1's American cousin Chas Skelly get back into winning ways.

Chas and Baz. Brilliant stuff. :)

I shall be following my cousin closely.

Edited by bAzTNM#1