UFC Vancouver: Cerrone vs Gaethje - Sep 14 🇨🇦

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

It’s the kind of main event/card that we would’ve been counting the days to a month or so out years ago and this thread probably would’ve reached 7 or 8 pages by now. But there’s that many shows these days that cards get lost in the shuffle. In one way it’s good because it feels like fights come around quicker. Doesn’t seem 5 minutes since Cerrone vs Gaethje was announced and now it’s here. But the anticipation of having to wait for a great fight was part of the fun in a way. I’ll never forget waiting for fights like Chuck vs Randy 3, Chuck vs Tito 2 and Brock’s debut in the Bravo days. It’s all so quick moving now that you forget half the shit that’s coming up until it’s pretty much fight week and you’re like ‘Oh. Oh yeah, Robbie Lawler’s fighting...fucking TOMORROW!’ 

• Paid Members
On 9/10/2019 at 3:49 PM, jimufctna24 said:

I'll always remember Duffee for his fight with Overeem in Japan. 

Perhaps not the actual fight itself, but the fact that even his own team knew he was going to get battered.............and he did. 

I remember that fight vividly. At the time Duffee still had a massive question mark next to his name. He got knocked out by theTerminator Mike Russow in the UFC but he was still a massively exciting prospect. It all went a bit tits up contract wise though and he took that ill advised fight with Overeem. Even though he got killed i think there was still a 'what if?' thing about Duffee then so lots of people were interested.

Christ knows how he will look this weekend.

• Paid Members

God that Russow vs Duffee KO was nuts. I forgot all about that. One of the maddest comebacks ever. Tim Boetsch vs Yushin Okami was another one, complete with Rogan completely losing his shit more than maybe any other fight. 

While I’m here, this is good. ‘The War Room’ with Dan Hardy;

Can’t believe we’re just 2 days away from this now. 

• Paid Members

Missed weight? Did he ‘Showtime’ off the scale as well or something? The man is a lunatic. 

Did anyone catch Todd Duffee’s media scrum from earlier in the week? Doesn’t talk a lot about the fight or even his lay-off really but it’s pretty interesting. It quickly turns into a discussion about MMA media and how they cover the sport. I don’t necessarily agree with everything he says but I thought Duffee brought up some interesting points. Typically, it’s resulted in a bunch of twats talking about him being shit/overhyped etc. So who is he to speak up? But Duffee even said himself that his gripes aren’t about how he was covered. It’s more in general. He wasn’t even a dick about it. He’s an intelligent guy and it’s a discussion worth having. Although, hopefully he’s focused on this fight more than what the media are doing. 

Helwani seemed a bit bothered about it on Twitter. I don’t think he watched the full video, probably just went off the title and little sound bites.