Steven Gauntley Shoot Interview

bradfordcity

OK so I'll answer a few of the things raised here even though I didn't start the topic and a couple of people have been so incredibly polite and warming about some of the questions but this is the Internet and people have to talk to people like shit and second rate citizens but fair enough.

This is my company and my side project from my main job and part of the company as a whole hang tight promotions...... someone politely asked who am I.....

Im Kris I've been in the music industry for 10 years as a touring vocalist for many years before stepping into managing musicians and bands and also promotions....I ran a 2 day charity festival to raise money and awareness about mental health and suicide within the music industry In blackpool my home town.....the headliners were invisions and shvpes *day 1* & mallory knox *day 2* 

Before going fully into music I was in the wrestling industry I started training at 14 and worked extremely hard to be in the industry that I grew up loving and being a massive part of my life. I have through my time in wrestling made alot of contacts and friends who I still keep in touch with to this day.....

I've started this little project for the main reason being that I have grown to really love/enjoy and support the British wrestling scene and industry way more than anything across sea's and wwe related..... over the years we have had many shoot interviews with pretty much every big American wrestler that has at one time or another been in the big main companies such as wwe/TNA/wcw/ecw but the guys who have worked just as long and hard as those over here in the uk independent scene never get approached and do these sort of interviews but they have just as many interesting or controversial issues and stories to tell but they for the most part have never been told on camera in a full sit down shoot style interview setting......

Now the shoot interview industry is still going very strong with companies like RF still putting out these interviews to alot of people that are interested and want to listen and hear from XYZ wrestler who have just been released from wwe or whatever. 

Honestly this is just something that im extremely excited and proud to be doing and like I say is a very welcome side project away from anything to do with music that has been a massive part of my life for years now...... 

If your not interested and it's not something that suits you that's absolutely fine however I think and know from the response to me starting it that there is some audience out there that are very excited and behind it as a whole. I've been doing interviews with bands and artists for a few years now and I've got a massive different approach to it all and is something that I've enjoyed for a while now and have spent alot of time In perfecting it and getting to the point I'm now at.

I hope this answers most of the uncalled and rude comments and replies to this topic that has been started by someone that is obviously interested in the show and just thought they would come to a forum like the ukff to get some questions to send in 

Kris 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I hope this answers most of the uncalled and rude comments and replies to this topic that has been started by someone that is obviously interested in the show and just thought they would come to a forum like the ukff to get some questions to send in 

You can't have been round here much if you were expecting a question sourcing for a knob like Steven Gauntley to yield much more than gags and insults, can you? What other places will you be sourcing questions from?

Also, It's not a great look if some other person got here before you in terms of trying to get questions for your shoot, is it? What will you be charging to watch this and where will be able to watch it? What's this "massively different approach" you're going to be taking to this shoot? Surely there's only so much you can do with asking a bloke some questions about a wrestling company unless you're going to be on the end of a bungee rope doing it or something.

I assume this is a vanity project of such, and that's fair enough, but who is even arsed about Steven Gauntley? No-one is arsed about Steven Gauntley. I tell you who people are arsed about, Kriss Sprules. If you're going to tap into old britwres relics you need to start with the evolution himself. I'm sure you would crack viewing figures in the double digits reliving the Big'n in Wigan.

He seems in good nick as well

Get it done, i'll buy a copy. 

Edited by Richard

How is it a bad thing that someone else has put up a topic about the shoot when you yourself have just said that no one on here is interested in it..... I knew that the main reaction for anything like this would be met with stuff like this so I chose not to put a topic up myself. 

And the whole how are you doing things differently part is a huge thing when it comes to doing any sort of interview with anyone dude. The way you approach and conduct an interview with someone is such a huge thing because now we are in a position where anyone can start a podcast or whatever and interview people but because it's so easy to do something like that you get some people who are really good and confident and come off so well where as some people come off so amateur and not anything that you would want to give your time to, this whole thing is something that I've worked extremely hard to master and get to a point where I feel like I could do something like this and it be a good solid end product. 

Exactly the same when it comes to music mate I've worked so hard and for so many years to perfect and get to a place where I could do bigger and better shows and work with bigger and better bands and agencies. I don't really understand the aproach that your trying to get at with it as a whole but I'm trying to answer the best way I can when the questions towards myself are quite neive and insulting because it's not at all easy to do anything in the media or whatever and it takes a huge amount of time, effort and understanding to get to a good stage in anything 

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Surely there's only so much you can do with asking a bloke some questions about a wrestling company unless you're going to be on the end of a bungee rope doing it or something.

Well, the Facebook page for the event is hinting at a very thorough examination on the inner workings of the subject.

"We will be going in on absolutely everthing and for the first time ever steven will be sitting down on camera and going all in."

OOF!!!  No wonder the logo for the "Company" is a Goatse.

https://www.facebook.com/Behindthecurtainshootsuk 

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Ask him if I book a concert in Aurora, Illinois, will the bands come?

Not just a place, but a state of mind.

I can only imagine the BritWres version of Wayne's World 2. Instead of Ed O'Neil, you'd have Kriss Sprules being the doom-monger as Black Lace turn up to save the day in the Coventry Skydome. A bit of kwesh being passed around instead of the red rope liquorice.

I can only really remember 2 things about Steve Gauntley, so I'll volunteer some questions based on that. 

1: Steve Corino called him an "awful human being." He and others (wrestlers from Japan I think) had problems getting pay. What's his response to this.

2: There was a few reports of him blatantly ripping people off on ebay over the sale of miniature collectable items (can't remember what they were.) What's his excuse for that. 

That's all I've got. It's probably an interview that would have got some attention on here years ago. But as far as I'm aware he's been a nobody in wrestling for a long time.