Lost Money From Promoters?

bradfordcity

• Paid Members

There have been a couple of other minor instances over the years, but my main one would be Jon Farrer and his ill-fated GWF promotion.

I never received a refund for the notorious Blackburn show in February 2003 (long story, told many times, but the highly-anticipated show was cancelled on the day, with the fans already in the building, when the guy who was supposed to be bringing the ring decided, erm, not to, and didn't tell anyone).  He kept telling us to hold on to our tickets because they'd be good for another date, but then it went quiet and when I did demand a refund he'd disappeared and stopped responding.

Naively, I'd also already bought my ticket to the show after that, which had been scheduled for May that year, which never happened after the Blackburn incident.  Didn't get a refund for that one either.

Farrer did pop back on here a couple of years ago when the Blackburn show was being discussed on the 10th anniversary of the incident or something to say that everyone who asked for a refund had been given one. He lied.

Edited by Big Benny HG

On 8/11/2019 at 11:23 AM, Daaaaaad! said:

Sacrilege. An insult to everything BritWres stands for.

I can’t help but feel it wouldn’t be revisited if Fludder just gave him what he’s due tbh.

To be fair anyone that asks about the dvds get blocked instantly!
I'm not even bothered about my full order, i just would like the Kris Travis blu rays i ordered and the Shooting star blu ray!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Big Benny HG said:

There have been a couple of other minor instances over the years, but my main one would be Jon Farrer and his ill-fated GWF promotion.

I never received a refund for the notorious Blackburn show in February 2003 (long story, told many times, but the highly-anticipated show was cancelled on the day, with the fans already in the building, when the guy who was supposed to be bringing the ring decided, erm, not to, and didn't tell anyone).  He kept telling us to hold on to our tickets because they'd be good for another date, but then it went quiet and when I did demand a refund he'd disappeared and stopped responding.

Naively, I'd also already bought my ticket to the show after that, which had been scheduled for May that year, which never happened after the Blackburn incident.  Didn't get a refund for that one either.

Farrer did pop back on here a couple of years ago when the Blackburn show was being discussed on the 10th anniversary of the incident or something to say that everyone who asked for a refund had been given one. He lied.

He did indeed, lying bastard.

Wasn't there the case with Lucha Forever where a show was advertised, got cancelled, the promoter Ryan Smile fucked off from seemingly the entire scene without issuing refunds and Will Ospreay (his business partner and co-owner) just brushed it off saying something in the essence of "not my problem mate"?

Happy to be corrected if that isn't the case. Can't say I've ever been ripped off personally, apart from when Ospreay wanted a tenner for a photo, which he thankfully didn't get.

Edited by AdamTH17

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, AdamTH17 said:

Wasn't there the case with Lucha Forever where a show was advertised, got cancelled, the promoter Ryan Smile fucked off from seemingly the entire scene without issuing refunds and Will Ospreay (his business partner and co-owner) just brushed it off saying something in the essence of "not my problem mate"?

What actually happened to Ryan Smile? He was everywhere at one point and then… not.

49 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

What actually happened to Ryan Smile? He was everywhere at one point and then… not.

Again, I can't clarify any of this 100%, but as I'm aware, it's partly due to the whole Lucha Forever deal falling on its arse and the subsequent backlash, I also remember him posting on Twitter regarding his mental health being a bit shit, and therefore stepping away for a bit. I think his name also got brought up once or twice during the time a few of the BritWres lads were being exposed for their sexual misconduct, alongside Bubblegum and Ryan Elder.

I remember him showing up during an ATTACK show late last year and the backlash from that being overwhelmingly negative. He hasn't wrestled anywhere this year, according to CageMatch.

• Paid Members

Before I was working shows, some of the guys I work with were on a show run by Shane Stevens. I forked out for the full VIP ticket thing, as it was the only way to get front row tickets, and I wanted to be there supporting the lads. The VIP ticket was meant to also get you a DVD of the event sent to you after the fact.

Obviously, no DVD ever surfaced. And because we started running shows shortly after, people assumed we'd run that one as well, and it was at least two years before we stopped getting complaints about those bloody DVDs.