Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tiger_rick

Top Shithousery

Recommended Posts

Whoever told them in his earpiece to just carry on with the promo was an idiot.  They should have just allowed them 5 minutes to soak up that hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of one liners (or one and a bit) I think Bret Hart in his Hart Foundation 2.0 time with the Anti-USA storyline came out with a belter. In a Raw episode in Pittsburgh, he references previously describing the USA as one big toilet bowl, then going on to say that if it was given an enema you'd stick the hose in Pittsburgh. It made a change from just calling the crowd a bunch of ugly hicks, or laying into the local sports franchise.

 

 

Edited by PJ Power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Seratonin said:

Have to give the Dudley Boyz props for properly stepping over the line here. But as the video is titled - best promo ever? Too much cheap heat. ECW Dudleyz were know for that and it's a great promo but really if you take the sex jokes out, it wouldn't be remembered. If that's the greatest promo then my criteria of best differs from who uploaded the video.

Fully agree. It's far removed from 'best promo ever' but it is within the realms of top shithousery, which is the topic to hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those wanting a bit of background on the Owens/Elias/Seattle segment and why it got such a loud reaction, here's what I posted back then;

On 10/2/2018 at 11:04 AM, Accident Prone said:

For those wanting a bit of background on why the crowd got so hostile off a simple wrestling 'sports team' insult;

Seattle lost their much beloved basketball team, the Seattle Super Sonics, in 2008 due to financial disputes involving their home arena.

The team was sold to an Oklahoma-based investment company in 2006 under the guise of keeping everything running whilst trying to secure a new Seattle-based venue (or fix up the current venue). Fans were told, both by the investment company and Seattle's mayor, that a move to Oklahoma would be highly unlikely and that they had until at least 2010 to locate a suitable arena.

In 2008 the team were relocated to Oklahoma City as they failed to find a new venue. There have been lawsuits and attempts to start a new team/buy an existing franchise but it all just feels like a pipe dream. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I hated the whole premise of the Eugene character, 2004 sideburns mega heel Triple H manipulating him while Regal knew what he was up to, but was powerless to stop him, was quality. Was a great promo where all of Evolution come out and interrupt Eugene, Regal and Jericho. Triple H autographs an Evolution shirt for him and then they all pose for a photo, with Eugene saying 'pedigree' instead of cheese at H's suggestion. The look on Regal's face was brilliant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the time Jericho came back I think ti was after the save_us videos had been airing for ages and he'd just come to the ring in his light up jacket and not say a word, just keep running round smiling and trying to get them all to keep cheering cheering then just leave to confusion? That was brilliant heelishness. 

Also, how great was Eddie when he was feuding with Rey over Dominic's parentage and custody? People loved Eddie, but he drew ridiculous heat in the build to that ladder match at Summerslam 2000. The Who's Your Papi t-shirt, bringing social workers to the ring. So good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MEGABUCKS said:

Got to Love Big Bossman in 98-99 for all the Shithousery he dash out.

Big Show’s Daddy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been reminded of one. SUWA, one of the best shithouses ever, was doing a tour of the UK. At IPW:UK, he comes out with a couple of empty McDonald's bags, walks up to two girls in the front row and hands the bags to them. They look mystified until he starts motioning with his hands like he's putting a bag over his head and pointing at them. What a cock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't remember the exact details, but during the whole 'Bryan manipulates his girlfriend AJ' storyline there was a moment where she said 'I love you', and he replied with 'And I... appreciate that'. Dickhead Bryan was so good back then.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more comes to mind: "The European Icon" Andy Coyne (or @andrew "the ref" coyne as we now know him, the former Nick London) getting up in the ring with the at-the-time-just-published Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince, and proceeding to declare he will now read the last chapter. Cue face coming out to stop him.

I forget which promotion this was, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 11:25 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

Remember the time Jericho came back I think ti was after the save_us videos had been airing for ages and he'd just come to the ring in his light up jacket and not say a word, just keep running round smiling and trying to get them all to keep cheering cheering then just leave to confusion? That was brilliant heelishness. 

Also, how great was Eddie when he was feuding with Rey over Dominic's parentage and custody? People loved Eddie, but he drew ridiculous heat in the build to that ladder match at Summerslam 2000. The Who's Your Papi t-shirt, bringing social workers to the ring. So good. 

Bloody hell mate you’ve combined about three of Jericho’s comebacks into one memory and missed the year Rey/Eddie happened by five years. Maybe check the gas appliances in yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Bloody hell mate you’ve combined about three of Jericho’s comebacks into one memory and missed the year Rey/Eddie happened by five years. Maybe check the gas appliances in yours.

I did. Ironically having just been talking about Hogan Vs Shawn on the same PPV as the ladder match. That was some poor work. As regards Jericho how many times has he been away and come back? It was almost as frequent as Sting's annual Christmas "injury" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 11:02 AM, DCW said:

While I hated the whole premise of the Eugene character, 2004 sideburns mega heel Triple H manipulating him while Regal knew what he was up to, but was powerless to stop him, was quality. Was a great promo where all of Evolution come out and interrupt Eugene, Regal and Jericho. Triple H autographs an Evolution shirt for him and then they all pose for a photo, with Eugene saying 'pedigree' instead of cheese at H's suggestion. The look on Regal's face was brilliant. 

One of my favourite ever segments, this, the crowd were brilliant reacting to "....say Pedigree!"

Led to this all-timer promo from Regal.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...