Living in a UKFF World

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I've met no one off here (that I know of) but this place has become a real home away from home over the past twelve or so years. There's been a lot of awful stuff in my life where having this place as a hideaway from the real world for half an hour or so has been a real blessing. Most of you are charming, witty, lovely people and I wonder why you're talking about wrestling still with the likes of myself.

I'm a white man in his 30's with a beard and a cannonball belly, so I'm pretty easy to spot at wrestling shows if you fancy a sharing a laugh over this place and how smooth that Davey Richards triple suplex spot is.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

All three of them!

Didn't know he had others! Which ones?

An old-school one I've just remembered: I've also met King Slim. Nice enough guy whenever I met him, seemed to rub other posters up the wrong way.

Fuck's sake, I've also met The Dart several times, who's also a good bloke. Sorry about that, man. 

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

I knew @Chris B from before I posted here and have met with him a few times since joining. At his 30th (where it became clear he hadn't been born but cloned from his father), I met @Carbomb, who was a lovely fella.

Beyond that, there's nobody. I've driven through Llangollen a couple of times in the recent past and thought I might pick a random pub to see whether @PowerButchi was there. Then it seemed a bit stalkery (and early in the day), so I knocked it on the head. @wandshogun09 and @air_raid aren't a million miles away and if there were an occasion to meet up, I'm sure we'd all get on great. But that would involve me leaving the house, which is a bit of a no-no.

I met a UKFFer many years ago before i used to post on here. I read the forum for years and only recently started (very) occasionally posting but at the Universal Uproar pre show thing I was  drinking in the bar and got to speaking to some guy who at the tail end of our conversation said "are you on UKFF" now I may or may not have had an as yet unused account on here at that point but if i did i certainly hadn't posted so i answered no and the guy seemed a bit disappointed.  I suppose  i could have added "but i look on there a fair bit, which one are you?" or something to raise his spirits but i just denied him, like Peter did to Jesus.

so to guy who i spoke to at Universal Uproar - i am now.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, chokeout said:

I met Butch when he was sat next to Doug Williams at Wales Comic Con but forgot to mention who I was :( Still haunts me.

I assumed it was you. That was when Doug and I were playing noughts and crosses wasn't it?

• Awards Moderator

Met a whole bunch, particularly old school posters who aren't really here any more as I came here via the RIM Express. Some of us used to meet at FWA, like Simania, bobbins, Fadda, Irish Steve, the much-missed Paraly$er $tew, and excellent Moj who really should post more. Bumped into ralphy and bagga at shows too. And also Spatular, Dart, johnnyboy, Lister, and most people know Zeusy Steve and I worked together at Silver Vision. 

In more recent times I can only think of Carbomb and SpursRiot that I've met recently. I should have met PunkStep and Chest by now, as we work or commute in the same neighbourhoods - Chest in particular, we seem to be just missing each other. Maybe we should arrange that? 

Most recently - I bumped into Soapdish at our local cinema. We share poor taste in polo shirts.