UKFF FPL 2019-2020

Fog Dude

Week 33 fixtures 

Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 0 - 2 Arsenal
Newcastle United 0 - 0 Sheffield United
Aston Villa 0 - 2 Chelsea (5:30pm)
Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 2 Manchester United (Sunday 4:30pm)

FA Cup Sixth Round

Arsenal 3 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday 12:30pm)
Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 2 Birmingham City
Everton 0 - 2 Chelsea
Leicester City 0 - 3 Manchester City

Scottish Premiership
Rangers 2 - 1 Celtic (Sunday noon)

Major League Soccer
FC Cincinnati w/@Grecian 0 - 2 DC United (9:30pm) 

The D2D game, along with all this weekend's MLS matches, has been postponed. We'll try to get Grecian's turn done at a later date. I've updated the initial post accordingly.

Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Arsenal
Newcastle United 0-0 Sheffield United
Aston Villa 1-3 Chelsea 
Spurs 2-2 Manchester United 

Women's FA Cup Quarter-finals

Arsenal 3-0 Spurs
Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Birmingham City
Everton 1-0 Chelsea
Leicester City 0-3 Manchester City

Scottish Premiership
Rangers 1-2 Celtic 

19 hours ago, Fog Dude said:

The D2D game, along with all this weekend's MLS matches, has been postponed. We'll try to get Grecian's turn done at a later date. I've updated the initial post accordingly.

Apologies for the double post, but further to this, the whole round of fixtures has now been cancelled. I'll do my best to cover only leagues that haven't been suspended next week, although as you'll have seen in other threads, the situation is clearly changing on a daily basis.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, Fog Dude said:

I'll do my best to cover only leagues that haven't been suspended next week, although as you'll have seen in other threads, the situation is clearly changing on a daily basis.

Sorry for self-quoting again. Clearly things have moved on drastically since even the end of last week. I could probably scour the world to find 10 matches that are still listed as being set to go ahead, but most or all would probably be off by the weekend, and even if they weren't it'd turn the whole rest of the competition into a bit more of a crapshoot than usual.

So, the FPL is evidently suspended for now, just like the actual football. There are more important things to focus on at the moment. If the season is able to resume in a couple of months, we might try to fit in the remaining two rounds of the Cup and the three outstanding D2D turns. All the choices of teams left for the latter are from Italy, Germany and the USA – three of the countries worst hit by the current pandemic, so the chances of things being completed anytime soon now look slim.

If the 2019-20 takes longer than that to come back or is abandoned, the table as is stands will be archived as final but, with Stinky Dad only one point ahead at a time when there theoretically should've been 200+ points left to play for, he wouldn't be classed as champion. 

Not that it really matters at a time like this anyway. Stay safe, everyone, and if this turns out to be the last post by me in this season's thread, thanks for playing. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 10:15 AM, Briefcase said:

Void the season I say 😏

That was effectively what I was suggesting. It was instinctively what I felt like doing, and I hadn't even given it much thought or really missed football massively... but I do enjoy the logistical challenge, so I took a look at my spreadsheet today for the first time in over two months.

With the top 4 leagues in Europe plus the men's English Championship rearranging their remaining fixtures to be played behind closed doors, there may be a way of salvaging this competition as well. I want to guage the appetite for that first though. If there's despair at this thread being bumped and people's preference is still to void it, then I'm only too happy to stick to that plan too. If not, the card for an alternative Week 33 (since the original one never actually happened) will go live in a week's time. 

TL;DR – seems like we've got enough people to make it worthwhile carrying on, welcome back everyone, the first post has just been updated, so feel free to return to making your picks as normal.

Where we were in terms of D2Ds

• Everybody had their initial turn already, and we only had 3 of the second turns left to go.
  • A lot of the more potentially awkward ones (National League, WSL, Maltese League, Macedonian League) had fortunately been got out the way before lockdown. 
  • I was trying to squeeze in the MLS round early in what was only matchday 3 of the 2020 season, but to no avail.

What we're doing about it

• Two of the remaining turns involve Serie A sides, which luckily is also back this week. They aren't the fixtures I initially planned, but they're still decent for the purposes of a bet.
  • The MLS has announced a tournament to take place next month in, inevitably, Florida. At the time of writing, there's a group stage draw made but no schedule announced. We'll try to accommodate an FC Cincinnati match from that and count it as a competitive fixture.
  • Anyone who misses their D2D round will not have any points deducted.
  • If their turn is missed, that's the opportunity gone and no attempt will be made to rearrange it given the tighter schedule.
  • Where no bet is made, anybody who bets against the team in question will still receive 2 bonus points if that side loses.

Where we were in terms of the FPL Cup:

• I had the daft idea of a double group stage. Happily, we'd managed to finish both of them before lockdown struck.
  • The two knockout rounds were set for the March international break and Week 41.

What we're doing about it:

• There now isn't a week 41, or another international round set.
  • The semi-finals will instead take place in Week 34 (weekend of 27th/28th June) and the final in Week 37 (weekend of 18th/19th July).
  • As luck would have it, these are also now the men's FA Cup quarter-final and semi-final weekends, so that's worked out rather nicely.

What was meant to happen in general:

• There were supposed to be 42 rounds, ending on the 17th of May.
  • Matches from Scotland, France, the English men's lower divisions and English women's élite football were all set to be included.
  • Easter weekend was going to be a double round as per usual.
  • The first weekend in May could've contained Monday matches as it was a Bank Holiday.

What's going to change:

• The competition will now end with Week 38, on the 26th of July. That final week might still be a bumper round. I'll decide nearer the time.
  • The only competitions featured will probably be the EPL, Championship, La Liga, German Bundesliga and Serie A, plus the FA Cup and aforementioned MLS tournament. 
  • There will not be a double round or any Monday night games. 
  • Kick-off times will be listed in the 24-hour clock format, in a planned change brought forward from the start of next season. (And in contrast to my avatar!)

New Week 33 fixtures  

Premier League
Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Arsenal
West Ham United 0-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers (17:30)
Bournemouth 1-1 Crystal Palace (19:45)
Newcastle United 1-2 Sheffield United (Sunday 14:00)
Aston Villa 0-2 Chelsea (Sunday 16:15)
Everton 1-3 Liverpool (Sunday 19:00)

Championship
Luton Town 0-1 Preston North End
Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Nottingham Forest

Serie A
Torino 1-1 Parma w/@ultimo the great (18:30)
Hellas Verona 1-1 Cagliari (20:45)

New Week 33 fixtures  

Premier League
Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Arsenal
West Ham United 0-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers (17:30)
Bournemouth 2-0 Crystal Palace (19:45)
Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield United (Sunday 14:00)
Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea (Sunday 16:15)
Everton 1-3 Liverpool (Sunday 19:00)

Championship
Luton Town 1-0 Preston North End
Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Nottingham Forest

Serie A
Torino 2-1 Parma w/@ultimo the great (18:30)
Hellas Verona 2-1 Cagliari (20:45)

All games take place on Saturday and kick off at 3pm unless stated. Start times are listed in BST. 

New Week 33 fixtures  

Premier League
Brighton & Hove Albion 0 - 2 Arsenal
West Ham United 1 - 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers (17:30)
Bournemouth 2 - 1 Crystal Palace (19:45)
Newcastle United 1 - 1 Sheffield United (Sunday 14:00)
Aston Villa 0 - 3 Chelsea (Sunday 16:15)
Everton 1 - 1 Liverpool (Sunday 19:00)

Championship

Luton Town 0 - 2 Preston North End
Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 1 Nottingham Forest

Serie A
Torino 1 - 1 Parma w/@ultimo the great (18:30)
Hellas Verona 1 - 2 Cagliari (20:45)