Sign in to follow this  

My three highlights:

- Goldberg. Magnificent squash of Ziggler, and there was a moment during his entrance where he’s doing the fan handslaps and spots a little kid on the corner at the front and makes sure to pay them attention. You then just glimpse the kid jumping up and down in joy, giddy with excitement about Goldberg. Hero.

- The Fiend. Terrifying and mesmerising entrance, with proper commitment levels, and it felt like a different Wyatt once the bell rang. Keep this going, don’t ruin it and it could be something truly special.

- The main event. Had the aura of a main event rather than just the match that was on last, and better than their Mania match by some distance. Good stuff.

Really enjoyed the show! Thought I’d skip through most of it but I only did that for the Bayley match, I think.

Goldberg and the Fiend were very good.

I didn’t mind the ending to Kofi vs Orton that much, I’m up for seeing them have another go at it in the cell. Although I’d have preferred a Kofi win and move onto a feud with Shane McMahon.

Speaking of moving on, what next for Rollins? I’d hold off on McIntyre a couple of months or so, and go with a heel turn for Miz in the short term. He’s dead in the water as a babyface.

9 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Speaking of moving on, what next for Rollins? I’d hold off on McIntyre a couple of months or so, and go with a heel turn for Miz in the short term. He’s dead in the water as a babyface.

Was thinking about that earlier. Mainly out of fear that they rush Bray into it because he's hot.

Miz is a good shout. You're right that it's too early for McIntyre, he still stinks of failure. What about AJ? He's in the right position, is always over and has the Club to cheat for heat.

Sorry to be the stuck record, but that Ziggler/Goldberg piece was some of the best wrestling TV I've seen in a long time. Ziggler made Bill look like a million Saudi Dollars from the spear bumps and the mic work. Fantastic effort all round that had me grinning from ear to ear. 

Wyatts entrance really felt like one of those big time moments we'll see in future video packages down the road. An absolute home run. Terrifying too. 

Ziggler was great. From the moment his annoying theme hit and he walked out looking like the smuggest motherfucker in those beautiful tights with that dreadful denim jacket, he was superb. He cut another good promo, set Goldberg up perfectly for the tap in, took that first spear like a champ and then was hilarious in the post match stuff.

This is the best Ziggler.

Does no one else think Ziggler’s bump off the last spear was a bit of a HBK-versus-Hogan oversell jobby?

Rolled right through on to his feet before hitting the deck. Thought that was a bit of a wink at the unwashed anti-Goldberg bedwetters on Reddit.

Nah, I just think it was typical Dolph Ziggler overselling. Part of the intrigue of that match was "how is Dolph going to take the spear"?

2 hours ago, Pinc said:

Does no one else think Ziggler’s bump off the last spear was a bit of a HBK-versus-Hogan oversell jobby?

Rolled right through on to his feet before hitting the deck. Thought that was a bit of a wink at the unwashed anti-Goldberg bedwetters on Reddit.

It had to be like that. No point coming back for another one and it looking crap compared to the first two.

I thought this was a really fun show - not overly long, and nothing egregiously bad, with some genuinely good stuff in there. But, while I'm not after Russo swerves, there wasn't a single surprise, or anything that made me think, "I'd better watch the next show to see where this goes". It all felt completely self-contained.

I don't understand why Reigns wasn't on the card. If they knew they were keeping him off, why did they not have either of the two attacks on him actually have any consequence, and put blame on them for writing him out? Rather than him just not showing up without explanation. God forbid we have any dramatic tension around here.

Best Dolph Ziggler match in years, it's nice to see him showing some self-awareness. Really channeling WCW Chris Jericho in his post-match promo. Ranting about how he can't be kept down while literally lying on his back was great. Goldberg's great, and this is the best way to use him - long may it continue.

Main event was great, but don't see the point of it all. Rollins had his conclusive, cathartic "he can beat Brock Lesnar" moment at Wrestlemania, only to lose the belt to him at the first opportunity, look like an idiot for a couple of months, then win it back with less fanfare behind it. Before he won here, I was half convinced that the past few months have been a conscious effort to emasculate Rollins, based on how he was booked around Lynch, and how frequently he got absolutely fucked up by Lesnar. Now I think that Wrestlemania 30 absolutely broke WWE's concept of how to book a babyface, and they now think that getting made to look "held down" and getting beaten up at every turn will win them sympathy - but that worked for Daniel Bryan because he's one of the most inherently likable guys in the business, while Seth Rollins is emphatically not that guy.

I haven’t watched the weekly shows for months so I think that’s why I quite enjoyed that.

Some thoughts: Kevin Owens was the stand out star on this show. Corey Graves is still awful. The Front Row Guy is really growing into his beard. Bet his mate in the lime green t-shirt stinks. Why was Gallows face painted? Why wasn’t Roman, Joe or Bryan on the show?

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I don't understand why Reigns wasn't on the card. 

Hopefully because - and the last couple of weeks of TV have indicated this as well - they’re not going to shoehorn every top guy into every PPV anymore. A big reason everyone is overexposed is how frequently and pointlessly they’re used, working on (and spending a month lazily building to) a six hour PPV that nobody cares about.

The PPV events are less important now than they’ve ever been, and less important than the TV shows, so I’d be more than glad to see more shows like this. The next PPV is all title matches, so then the one after that, I’d love to see Reigns vs Bryan. At that point, two of the top names wrestling on PPV for the first time in a few months, it’ll seem a bigger deal.