Sign in to follow this  

Look at the length of some of those old Summerslam events on the Network! Fucking hell, full events over in a little over two and a half hours! Take me back!

image.thumb.png.3e94c807147a93b953d4a1c459ae10a6.png

Confession: other than the clip of that kid saying Bulldog's going to win whether he wants to or not, I've never actually seen Summerslam 92. It was just before my time and I've never gotten around to it. Reckon it holds up?

Edited by Supremo

38 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Look at the length of some of those old Summerslam events on the Network! Fucking hell, full events over in a little over two and a half hours! Take me back!

image.thumb.png.3e94c807147a93b953d4a1c459ae10a6.png

Confession: other than the clip of that kid saying Bulldog's going to win whether he wants to or not, I've never actually seen Summerslam 92. It was just before my time and I've never gotten around to it. Reckon it holds up?

Other than the Bulldog vs Bret match, it is a dreadful show - boring matches with terrible finishes all over the card

Yeah, it's shite. Taker's and LOD's entrances are great and Bulldog/Bret is still very good - plus the atmosphere is incredible and different - but it's a poor show. Warrior/Savage is disappointing too. Not terrible but not a patch on Mania 7.

I find it an interesting show as a moment in time as it's the first big show/ PPV without Hogan and this show and Survivor Series 92 are for me the beginning of what would become the New Generation era. However outside of Brett/ Davey it is a glorified house show in many ways with a card that went against the storylines in many places, terrible matches and shit finishes.

Warrior/Savage suffered imo because in they were never switching the Title in the UK in 1992 and neither was taking a big loss, so the match was booked around getting themselves out of a decisive result.

They did try to make it more interesting with the addition of Flair but that ended on a bland note as well.

It's hilarious in a tragic way how utterly fucked Seth Rollins is. Win, lose or draw, I don't see how he comes away from tonight without looking like a reject geek with a stench about him. I don't even think Roman's felt this damaged heading into a big match, and Roman is the most pathetically pushed 'top guy' in wrestling history.

Honestly, he has so much negative momentum that even The Hangman and Ember Moon should feel embarrassed for him.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:34 AM, Supremo said:

The Model Rick Martel vs Shawn Michaels is my favourite match on the show. Loved the mini build up to this and the match was fun to watch. Sherri was the star in this.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:57 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

The Staples Centre years are when all the shows blurred together, for me. LA is a shit crowd, always has been. Dems that are too laid back to be like Chicago or New York, but too trendy to be a good, traditional heat town. I know not everyone's a massive nerd for remembering buildings, but the Staples Centre's a crap building. 

Sorry, but that's bollocks. I was there in 2013 and 2014 and the crowd was excellent most of the way through. I went to several Raws and a Hell in a Cell and the crowd reactions was never less than good. Even the house shows had decent reactions, but this was a few years ago now. Staples was always solid. 

Does WWE get good reactions anywhere they go these days? 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Nah anyone that plays the I earn more money than you lol card is most certainly a bellend imo.

Are you saying that Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase is a "bellend"?

1 hour ago, lightningxlock said:

Apologies if this has been covered but have any matches been announced for the pre show? I saw a list of 'rumoured matches' and there was about 6 on that. 

Nothing's been announced, but apparently 3 matches will be on the kick off show, including the Cruiserweight title match.

28 minutes ago, CL Punk said:

Are you saying that Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase is a "bellend"?

I mean, he was a heel, not a top babyface champion.

So they spent the week cutting back on the PPV matches, putting some of them on free TV instead, then come the day of the show they just add a bunch of unannounced matches that haven’t even been promoted!

Can you even imagine what it must be like working under Vince. He’s an absolute nutter.