TheToeSucker

Best crisps?

My other half got me some Monterey Jack mini cheddar the other day. They're not bad. The pepper jack ones are quite nice. They should do some that where they pop some dried chilli in when they do the thing where the cheese is added to the dough. They'd be pretty tasty. 

On 7/24/2019 at 7:35 PM, Merzbow said:

One of my recent favs were those Seabrook Scorpion Chili crisps they were selling in Aldi, the kick to them was just perfect and they tasted nice without being just pure heat.

I can get them in Asda but I’ve found the Scorpion to be marginally past my tolerance. The two milder flavours, chilli & lemon and smokehouse cayenne, are both really moorish. I enjoyed the Scorpion as I ate but a minute or so after finishing my mouth started complaining.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

I can get them in Asda but I’ve found the Scorpion to be marginally past my tolerance. The two milder flavours, chilli & lemon and smokehouse cayenne, are both really moorish. I enjoyed the Scorpion as I ate but a minute or so after finishing my mouth started complaining.

If you don't give them a good shake first then the bottom crisps get a little too hot, all the chilli powder builds up down there.

Shame there's no asda near me as Aldi don't sell them now.

No joy on the Brannigans, it would appear discontinued. RIP you fine bag of crisps

In the crisp grave along with Cheese Moments, the Scampi/Bacon Fries backing card still mentions them too, bastards.

The answer is McCoys, Flame Grilled Steak. The best in the business. 

Had some Squares for the first time in years the other day. Is it my imagination or are they thicker/crunchier than they used to be? Wasn't a fan. 

On 9/7/2019 at 8:04 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

No joy on the Brannigans, it would appear discontinued. RIP you fine bag of crisps

My local B&M had packs of 5 Roast beef and mustard a few weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

My local B&M had packs of 5 Roast beef and mustard a few weeks ago. 

It’s all about the Lamb and Mint which have been MIA for a few months

On 9/7/2019 at 4:02 AM, Egg Shen said:

believe they were discontinued, lovely crisp.

Speaking of crisps that inexplicably disappeared...Brannigans Lamb & Mint! gone!

they still do the Ham & Pickle flavour and another (think its Roast Beef & Mustard), but Lamb & Mint were the boys. 

roast_lamb_and_mint_flavour_5_x_28g.jpg

All the brannigans flavours were/are amazing.

Tomato ketchup crisps are underrated.

In the north east parts of the USA you can get this Canadian brand called Humpty Dumpty that make an All Dressed Up flavour which is a tremendous mix of ketchup, bbq, salt and vinegar and sour cream and onion. So incredibly addictive.

McCoys are always my go to crisp, any flavour really although flame grilled steak edges it as my fave.

I'm also partial to Aldi's version of pringles, sour cream and onion flavour. Could genuinely eat a whole tube of them in one sitting.

A multi-pack of McCoys was all I had in my uni place when I had a particularly nasty bout of fresher's flu. I can't eat them now as they remind me of feeling sick as a dog and being a student

Edited by gmoney

oh well, at least it wasn't a chippy tea, now that would of been a disaster!

I am a fan of tortilla chips, but struggle with anything other than just plain salted ones, same goes for most crisps really, anyone got any ideas how to make them a bit more exciting? i am not a fan of spices etc, i do like bacon crisps 

4 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

oh well, at least it wasn't a chippy tea, now that would of been a disaster!

There's the disaster.