Sign in to follow this  
TheToeSucker

Best crisps?

And yet Walkers claim to have never changed the colour scheme and they released their cheese and onion before Golden Wonder so their colour scheme is the cannon for crisps. My mind was blown upon discovering this last week. I swear I remember them changing it in the 90's around the Salt and Lineker period but apparently that's some Mandela effect shit.

25 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

And yet Walkers claim to have never changed the colour scheme and they released their cheese and onion before Golden Wonder so their colour scheme is the cannon for crisps. My mind was blown upon discovering this last week. I swear I remember them changing it in the 90's around the Salt and Lineker period but apparently that's some Mandela effect shit.

Did you listen to this? Haven't yet given it my attention but as a crisp nonce, it's next on the podcast list.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-walkers-switch/id1504502482

47 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Did you listen to this? Haven't yet given it my attention but as a crisp nonce, it's next on the podcast list.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-walkers-switch/id1504502482

No it was a recommendation for that podcast on another podcast. I like to stay abreast of the all the hottest topics that fall under the UKFF spectrum.

I hate vinegar and it's the only flavour of crisp I won't go near. I have this clear memory of being aged around 5 or 6 and getting a pack of cheese and onion and to my horror it was salt and vinegar, then my mum explaining Walkers have changed the colours around. It seems so real but I guess it possibly never happened. Even at that age crisps were my favourite thing in the world after maybe Hulk Hogan so I knew my crisp packet colours well and wouldn't have mistakenly picked up the salt and vinegar colour. It's weird

Found these in asda yesterday. Like a cross between Scampi Fries and Salt and vinegar. Quite hard to describe but it’s what they reminded me of. Quite enjoyed then

AD80742A-5B83-4D64-A573-254DF87DC4C1.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Underrated crisp is Seabrook. Light but plenty of crunch.

I never really had them, but they always give them to you after I donate blood and I thought they were quite nice. Plus 6 bags for £1 in Asda! 

1 hour ago, Dead Mike said:

Top tier if you do the big shop at Iceland 

Since lockdown the big supermarkets and Aldi became the prestige places to go in our town. As a result i've never shopped so much at Iceland bar when I worked there. A fine array of budget sliced meats, big big bottles of Pepsi Max and the aforementioned great selection of upper midcard crisps. Only shop in town with flour as well.

Prawn Cocktail Seabrooks are glorious. They are so artificially strong as a crisp should  be. 

Lidl cheese puffs are way better than most cheese puff brands. Maybe not quite as good as Happy Shopper but still a respectable puff. You get a massive bag for something like 79p and every so often you're lucky enough to get a bag with so much cheese dust you almost go blind

Heron Foods are doing a 6 pack of Cheese & Onion Squares for 69p. I've filled the cupboard.