MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Did anyone else get royally fucked off with the guy from LAX screaming "THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST!" constantly over Jericho's backstage promo like an awful Foo Fighters tribute band?

Yes. But in their defence I doubt they thought They were. I’m surprised they were picked up so much by the mics

Like the product just wish there was some break to the 100% turbo workrate work going on , less "movezzz". Darby could be a star just wish there was more character and emotion behind the crazy shit he's doing. Love their show but just aching for them to deliver "less is more", will help them in the long run.

Edited by Worthits

Enjoyed what I saw of tonight's ITV4 airing, but switched over at one point to Impact and saw a killer build-up video for Ken Shamrock's match with Moose that might have been the best segment all night. Go on, Ken!

As naff as Impact can be, their build up videos are generally excellent, it just loses steam quickly when they cut to the action.

12 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Did anyone else get royally fucked off with the guy from LAX screaming "THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST!" constantly over Jericho's backstage promo like an awful Foo Fighters tribute band?

Aw, did the heels annoy you? 

12 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

It was definitely annoying and made it hard to hear what Jericho was saying, but again, it goes back to why I enjoy AEW so much - it’s such a contrast to WWE’s slick, polished, overproduced and over-rehearsed vision of what pro-wrestling is.

I’ll take someone talking over a promo if it means everything feels rougher, more spontaneous and more organic. Scorpio Sky throwing his shoes around the arena and Chris Jericho messing around on a skateboard mid-match. You don’t realise how much these small, off-the-cuff moments matter until you’re starved of them for so long.

Compare it to what we see on WWE (the smallest of Smackdown spoilers from last night below).

Roman Reigns now literally has a cushion on the ground for him to punch during his entrance pose. As if it couldn’t get any more overproduced. He might as well be CGI at this point.

Edited by Supremo

21 minutes ago, Supremo said:

You don’t realise how much these small, off-the-cuff moments matter until you’re starved of them for so long.

Reveal hidden contents

Roman Reigns now literally has a cushion on the ground for him to punch during his entrance pose. As if it couldn’t get any more overproduced. He might as well be CGI at this point.

Agree with that 100% its insane to me that anyone in charge of running any of it can think otherwise.

12 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

For anyone that’s interested, ShopAEW (which is run by Pro Wrestling Tees) has got 20% off everything using the code ‘Retail’ at checkout until Monday 5pm GMT. Shipping is $9 to the UK, which I didn’t think was too bad

Plus a random free autographed 8x10

2 hours ago, mrtrickio said:

Plus a random free autographed 8x10

It's a Nigel Farage 8x10 but hey, free is free. 

20191019_114449_0000.thumb.png.1f7a0a703f2584aef723f30aadbb3a80.png