The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The more I think about it, the more I think promoting Blood and Guts as a one match show is such a mis-step. They’ve hit over a million viewers for two weeks on the run, with fucking Matt Hardy in the main event. Now is the time to start heavily featuring the big stars as much as possible to build on this momentum.

Stack that May 5th show with as many stars as possible on the undercard and who knows what the ceiling might be. Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, Darby Allin, Orange Cassidy and Moxley in short matches ahead of the big main event and they’d probably break records.

Edited by Supremo
  • Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Only_The_Strong_Survive said:

“It’s Wednesday night and you know what that means?”

Oh piss off Jim. Surely you can come up with something better then that every week 

It's an homage to Brodie Lee, one of the few things I wont shit on JR for.

Edited by Merzbow
1 hour ago, Only_The_Strong_Survive said:

“It’s Wednesday night and you know what that means?”

Oh piss off Jim. Surely you can come up with something better then that every week 

Bring back the downvote.... I really hoped he'd say that on the first broadcast after Brodie Lee died as much as I hope he never stops saying it at the start of every show since

So, surely The Elite will soon be announcing the newest member of the group to be Hangman Page, in a transparent attempt to embrace the number one contender and biggest threat to Omega. Hangman tells them to fuck off and away we go. If we get Kenny and the Bucks against Hangman, Mox and Kingston, that'll be tasty. 

3 hours ago, mrtrickio said:

Bring back the downvote.... I really hoped he'd say that on the first broadcast after Brodie Lee died as much as I hope he never stops saying it at the start of every show since

To be fair, if you don’t know why that’s said, you can’t really be blamed for that- as far as I can think it was never explained on screen. If nothing else, it’s interesting to see how the reference is perceived by someone who didn’t know the origins.

8 hours ago, Only_The_Strong_Survive said:

Did not know that. Should of researched before my comment.

Apologises all round 

Don't worry too much about it, it's easy to not know as they've never made it explicitly clear.

• Paid Members

Machine Gun Kelly performed a full capacity concert at Daily’s Place this weekend.

8630FE84-05F8-46AB-9ED6-8FD8BCE60E02.thumb.jpeg.4bcba12f11b9202ef37de96aeda2a370.jpeg

At this point, if residents of Florida don’t want to wait for the full vaccine rollout and are fully OK with killing their nans, then just go for it. Let’s have all pro-wrestling in Florida and let’s get the full crowds back in time for the next pay per view. Over a million viewers watching a full crowd singing Jungle Boy to the ring? Gang busters.

I know it's not an official AEW championship but given Miro's claims about anybody in AEW holding a title being put on notice, could we get a big bastard fight between him and Brian Cage for the FTW Title?

I still think he'll be the man to eventually dethrone Darby and then have a run where he just goes through people but Darby's run feels like it still has a lot of time left in it, so Miro taking the TNT Title shouldn't happen for a while yet. 

It may ultimately end up meaning nothing to AEW’s existing TV slot, but...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/04/26/nbc-done-with-nhl-as-tnt-joins-espn-as-new-tv-partner/amp/

Nothing yet announced officially but the pre-emptive responses from the interweb range from calm (as NHL could end up on TBS on a different night) to panic that other nights could place AEW against Raw or Smackdown or a dodgy weekend slot.

A news item to keep tabs on, me thinks.

Edited by uklaw
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jackpot said:

could we get a big bastard fight between him and Brian Cage for the FTW Title?

AEW should definitely do some big bastard fights. Cage, Miro, Hobbs, Wardlow, Luchasaurus, Butcher, Hager, Archer and even Eddie Kingston. Plenty of big lads who can smash eachother to bits. I'd like to see more of it.