The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Paid Members

The whole AEW / Impact thing for me just seems weird. Like it was an idea they came up with and ran with straight away and don't seem to want to put 100% in to it. It seems half arsed compared to how exciting it was just after Kenny won the title.

The brawl after the 6-man was ridiculously jumbled and nothing made sense. Archer looked like he was going to laugh when he was shouting at PAC.

Sting is just there now, i don't get any excitement out of him turning up as hes been on every Dynamite since his debut. Derby Allin has the best and most recognisable theme in the company. 

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

The Good Brothers are like a team of Christian and Matt Hardy. They both feel like the worst person in their team, it just happens to be the same team.

Posted Images

Can’t believe they showed The Bucks and Tony Khan just letting The Good Brothers be part of the match, not a “nah fuck off, you don’t work here” to be heard. What a bunch of bitches.

Britt Baker’s Waiting Room - makes her sound a right slut and will also rile up the “real sports presentation” crew. Red Velvet is so forgettable I didn’t even recognise her

The only thing that’s getting the long build is Jerry Lynn’s in-ring return

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I think they are realising with its Stiiiiiing is what do you do with him if he can't wrestle, I know WWE got criticism for not using him after the Rollins match but as shown, other than look he doesn't bring anything these days.

KO and Brothers should've battered those guys quick, no offense to then but it wasn't there time to shine, long matches are an issue on all shows atm.

Cody and Cargill was absolutely shit, no idea what they're trying to get out it, Brandy getting pregnant was the perfect "out" for them.

Didn't mind the inner Circle stuff, they have good chemistry together but lack a direction 

Miro, still awful despite being told to give it time but it's been 5months or so, on WWE guys get written off by fans if they wear the wrong colour on there debut.

They definitely need to do something more interesting with Sting pretty soon. It feels like Darby's dad is coming out to rescue him or something.

The Cage/Darby match was pretty good though. Made the most of both guys strengths, if you consider Darby having a death wish being a strength. I guess they've done worse spots in the past.

It felt a little hit and miss overall this week but still an enjoyable watch overall.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Nick James said:

The whole AEW / Impact thing for me just seems weird. Like it was an idea they came up with and ran with straight away and don't seem to want to put 100% in to it. It seems half arsed compared to how exciting it was just after Kenny won the title.

Agreed.

We've had 6 weeks worth of smarmy Tony Khan promos on Impact now and its getting a bit weird that no retaliation at all is forthcoming. 

Yeah that was a bit of a meh episode. Hopefully just a glitch and quality resumes next week. 

Found it annoying that FITE didn't show the 'picture in picture' parts of the matches, it's happened before and again hopefully that will be back to normal next week. 

Jungle Boys new theme is stuck in my head so some good did come of it! 

Meh I enjoyed it. Probably helps that I watch nowhere near the amount of wrestling that I used to. 

Waiting Room segment was a mess though, especially the awkward cut to the Thunder Rosa stuff.

The Miro stuff isn't what I hoped for but he seems happy in his role so fair play to the guy.

The Inner Circle segments are getting stale.

Fine with Sting fighting off the interference, Darby still won the match on his own.

Loved Pac Vs. Kingston. 

Matt Hardy seems so out of place in AEW, his digs about "3rd party agreements" are 3months out of date and add nothing but petty digs and he's now on his 3rd version of himself in less than a year.

Another thing about Miro and FTR, even the "worst" job wrestlers in wwe aren't as bad as Stunt or Chuck, Miro hasn't had a good match since he started and FTR have ran out of steam it seems, they look pretty bored too

I really enjoy FTR and assume their being dull act is because their gimmick is that. Fucking dull old territory cosplayers. It's pretty much why I don't mind them. In-ring they do the job, I don't really expect them to be shaving Tully's back or something in a skit.

43 minutes ago, Chili said:

I really enjoy FTR and assume their being dull act is because their gimmick is that. Fucking dull old territory cosplayers. It's pretty much why I don't mind them. In-ring they do the job, I don't really expect them to be shaving Tully's back or something in a skit.

Yeah I've always seen them as fairly straight up, sensible guys who take their work very seriously. As an 'act' there's not a huge amount about them beyond fighting and being the best tag team, but it works for them.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed more than I disliked, which is really all I ask for in a wrestling show if I'm honest.

The Good

- video packages before matches. More of this yes please.

- Pac/Kingston was really good. Both looked like they really wanted to hurt eachother which is my favourite thing in wrestling. Kingston is so good because he doesn't actually do that much in the ring but he sells everything really hard so it feels like he does. He hit Pac with a hard chop then sold his hand for the rest of the match to show that he hit Pac so hard he hurt his own hand. I love that man.

- loved the Inner Circle segment. Funny as hell and all of the group have such distinct characters because of their time in the group. Intrigued by next week's match. I'm not sure the Inner Circle has much steam left but the final few months with them steadily breaking down should be great TV.

- the DO segment put a big grin on my face. Loved Page popping up from the side and how happy he looks with his new pals. I'm hoping he joins them temporarily. 

- Kenny and Don mugging off the Bucks was perfect. Moxley going headfirst into a 3 on 1 fight is exactly what he should be doing. Good to also see that the Lucha Bros haven't forgotten that they hate the Young Bucks.

- FTR/Jurassic Express was a solid tag match. Nothing memorable but totally fine.

- Good god, Tay Conti is fit. Couldn't remember anything from the match.

- Really enjoyed the main event. The perfect match for both men's styles and characters and did wonders for them both. Starks was great at ringside too.

The Bad

- 50% of the matches started with the babyface diving onto their heel opponent.

- this Archer/Pac/Kingston deal feels pretty shallow. Not really sure why they hate eachother and it's going nowhere fast.

- Chuck Taylor's shitty offense and Miro selling it.

- Miro and Matt Hardy can fuck off.

- why wasn't that six man tag a 2 minute squash? Why the fuck is the World Champion bumping and selling for those scrubs? Why were there hot tags and dives and loads of other shit? They should have fucking MURDERED them.

- didn't really seem like anyone could be bothered during that brawl.

- Baker and Rebel have a great act. Why it's being used on this Cody/Cargill shit is beyond me. This whole thing feels like the worst kind of WWE angle. Terribly forced scripted bollocks going absolutely nowhere and hurting every act that comes anywhere near it. So appallingly shite. Can't believe they haven't scrapped it yet.

- Getting quite bored of Sting now. If they have something planned that isn't him just standing about I hope they do it quick. Keen for Team Taz to move onto something new too. Feud them with Dark Order or Death Triangle.