Jump to content

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members

I think it speaks volumes for how well they’ve built their World Title up that it seems crazy they’re doing Omega vs. Mox on free TV, never mind the very likely scenario of Omega winning the belt. Compare it to NXT, where we’ve seen tonnes of World Title changes on free TV.

I’m expecting Moxley loses the belt and flies to Japan for the Tokyo Dome, giving him the time to quarantine for two weeks prior.

And then we’re on our way to my man Hangman Page taking that belt from Kenny in the greatest moment in the history of pro-wrestling. Fuck yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I think it speaks volumes for how well they’ve built their World Title up that it seems crazy they’re doing Omega vs. Mox on free TV, never mind the very likely scenario of Omega winning the belt. Compare it to NXT, where we’ve seen tonnes of World Title changes on free TV.

I’m expecting Moxley loses the belt and flies to Japan for the Tokyo Dome, giving him the time to quarantine for two weeks prior.

And then we’re on our way to my man Hangman Page taking that belt from Kenny in the greatest moment in the history of pro-wrestling. Fuck yes.

Excluding Baylor winning it recently, as that was for the vacant title, they’ve had 3 world title changes in the Network era- Keith Lee in 2020, Ciampa in 2018 and Nakamura in 2016. You have to go all the way back to May 2013 (pre-Network) when Bo Dallas won it and it was on syndicated TV before those. 3 changes in 6 & a half years of WWE Network is hardly tonnes now is it

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

So is the "giant" actually Shaquille O'Neill? Or is this supposed to be some sort of swerve? I couldn't tell (when admittedly bleary-eyed and feeding a baby at silly o clock this morning, so may have missed a crucial detail) whether they were alluding to it being the real Shaq but not confirming or it's a misdirect. Not a great segment. 

Fantastic main event, and PAC vs Eddie Kingston sounds superb as a big match I'd never really considered, but now desperately want to see.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
16 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Excluding Baylor winning it recently, as that was for the vacant title, they’ve had 3 world title changes in the Network era- Keith Lee in 2020, Ciampa in 2018 and Nakamura in 2016. You have to go all the way back to May 2013 (pre-Network) when Bo Dallas won it and it was on syndicated TV before those. 3 changes in 6 & a half years of WWE Network is hardly tonnes now is it

Oh wow, I guess it just feels like loads then. Maybe it’s more how many World Title matches they’ve had, or how many changes of the North American Title. I dunno, Either way though when I read Moxley vs. Omega was gonna be on Dynamite I was shocked and excited, which would never be the case whatever World Title match they announced for NXT on free TV. It feels like all they ever do is spunk their best stuff on free TV.

Are there any old PPVs left for NXT to resurrect to no doubt counter Mox vs. Omega? Starrcade?

Edited by Supremo
Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the weakest Dynamites in some time for me. I've no idea who Jade Cargill is, but her mic work was rough. That whole segment felt like it was plugged out of Attitude Era WWE, and I don't mean that in a good way. 

Starting the show with Brian Cage set the tone for the whole show for me. I find him unbelievably dull. Starks is brilliant, Tazz is brilliant but Cage doesn't click for me. 

And talking of not clicking, the bunkhouse match was brutal but boring, mainly because I had no interest in the storyline that led to it happening in the first place. Dustin is still brilliant and performing at the highest level, and I really wish AEW would do something else with him. 

The sound issues during the Moxley promo, for me at least, were so bad that I had no idea what he actually said. Is anyone else getting this recurring problem with backstage segements, or is it just a weird quirk of my TV sound set-up? 

It's great to see Pac back, he was an absolute highlight of AEW before the pandemic and it feels like there's so much for him to do. Pac/Moxley, Pac/Cody, Pac/Darby and Pac/Hangman are all matches/feuds I'm desperate to see.

The MJF stuff was great and I can't wait to see what the Inner Circle get up to in Vegas. 

Edited by RedRooster
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, Nick James said:

Will Hobbs is nailed on to turn on Cody 'gullible' Rhodes to join Team Taz.

You think he'll...

😎

...give him the boot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, mim731 said:

So is the "giant" actually Shaquille O'Neill? Or is this supposed to be some sort of swerve? I couldn't tell (when admittedly bleary-eyed and feeding a baby at silly o clock this morning, so may have missed a crucial detail) whether they were alluding to it being the real Shaq but not confirming or it's a misdirect.

Shaq was backstage at Full Gear so yeah it looks like it's the real deal. NBA season starts in December and Shaq is on TNT's top basketball programming so it looks like it's a cross promotion type thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

If it’s Shaq managing Hobbs, I’m in. If it’s Shaq getting in the ring, I’ll pass

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If it’s Shaq managing Hobbs, I’m in. If it’s Shaq getting in the ring, I’ll pass

I imagine what we'll get based on last night's angle will be Cody/Brandi vs. Shaq/Jade Cargill, keeping Shaq's time in the ring to a minimum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poetofthedeed said:

Yeah, good idea, let brandi carry the match........ 

Not really sure how to respond to this slightly strange response other than to point out I'm not fantasy booking here, I'm looking at the way they booked that angle and making an assessment as to why they chose to get Cargill and Brandi involved. 

I can't imagine they'll want Cody to take a pinfall to Shaq if indeed he's going to wrestle. I also can't imagine Shaq will take that many bumps, and it's going to be a tough match to book given the size difference. 

The likely workaround? A tag match. Possibly on the December 2nd Dynamite, making this an even bigger show than it is already.

Edited by RedRooster
Link to post
Share on other sites

While I’m sure Moxley’s promo was decent, we’ll never know for sure because cause cause cause everything thing thing thing has a massive echo echo after it it it it it

That Cody segment was fucking rotten. Had to google who the hell Jade Cargill was and who she must be friends with, turns out she’s a student of QT Marshall.

I was hoping for a second when the show started that they had a new theme song, but no, sane shitty one. The new onscreen graphics looked nice though

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...