MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Reckon if I kept harping on about how Nyla was a fat bifter I'd be binned off after the second post, or at the very least torn down for fat-shaming.

Anyway wrestling needs more fat bastards. It's not like Jericho's speculated alcoholism has hindered his ability to get about the ring. If it proved to be debilitating and putting people at risk, then by all means, go full Pol Pot. 

1 hour ago, TheToeSucker said:

I'm confused, I thought AEW fans liked work rate. Not sure 60 year old Jericho is that.

Hence why he'll maybe make a good heel? 

Just now, Egg Shen said:

uh oh

FFS I have literally planned the kids bed time for this! Hope that doesn't mean edits

It'll mean the video in demand system ballsed up most likely. You would be amazed at how shit this sort of technology is generally. 

Jesus christ how incompetent are these people. They can get live BGT nonsense on weekly but can't get a fuckin taped wrestling show on a day after it was filmed. This surely isn't that hard. It makes the whole deal look as those itv aren't interested. Even if they are. 

Dos anyone know if the on demand showing will be avaibale though the Sky Q box, or is it just on the ITV Hub app?

I really liked the video package at the start for Cody vs Guevara, and the match itself. Wasn’t impressed by anything else on the show, but pleasantly surprised by the Jack Swagger appearance. I wouldn’t have thought of him as someone to sign because he’s fair shite, but after seeing it, he stands out on this roster because of how little everyone else is - and he’s got few enough internet points that he can be an effective heel. 

Speaking of effective heels, I was a bit disappointed by PAC and MJF, they’ve both had much better nights. I get that they probably didn’t want to take the shine off Jericho and crew, but I was let down by the performances of two of my favourite wrestling baddies.

Overall, it didn’t feel like a big mission statement first show or anything that’s going to bring all the lapsed fans back to wrestling. It felt very sustainable, which is good, but it didn’t set a tone of being unmissable. Jericho and Cody came off as the biggest stars, which is the main event for the PPV so that’s also good.

Was a fun show and an easy watch, if they can keep that up I’ll watch weekly for sure. I won’t be watching on FITE again because it was hit an miss keeping me entertained during the ad breaks. Just having the announcers chatting would have been enough.

Hager has always been decent in the ring but needs character work to go with it. They should give him a Make Wrestling Great Again character, those hats would fly off the shelves and it’s a gimmick WWE can’t touch because of their political ties. His outfit screamed dickhead republican, which instantly made me want to see him get slapped about. Give him a TV title and have him declare he is going to hold it for  “four more years” 

Pretty sure this won’t be the end of chat. But thanks for airing your view.