The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Awards Moderator

Good show this week, aside from the Alex Reynolds debacle. Shocking refereeing that he didn’t check on him or notice anything was up. Okay, maybe, maybe benefit of the doubt immediately afterwards but when he’s still clearly loopy half a minute later something should have been done. Under no circumstances should he be getting up so the Bucks can do more moves on him. The contrast between that and Drake Wuertz immediately jumping on and protecting Alexander Wolfe back in January is night and day.

On the Jericho-MJF musical, I loved it for how utterly ridiculous it was. If people are struggling to suspend their disbelief for it - consider this. They planned the whole thing! They rehearsed it! They’re both the type of characters who would decide ‘you know what, we should do a musical number with dancers when we have our debonair dinner’. I thought it was totally in gimmick for both of them.

Pity that Rey Fenix is injured again. Second time this year. Almost feels like he might need to be toning his style down a bit. Don’t like the idea of him being replaced in the tourney. Kenny getting to the final with one squash is a brilliant idea that they’d have never thought of otherwise.

Speaking of Kenny, THERE’S the guy I’ve been waiting for. Didn’t love the entrance but the match was spot on. I can’t see anything but Omega-Page in the final ... but I wonder if rather than the expected epic, Kenny squashes Hangman too, to really drill in the fact that they are no longer friends. Then you start the build to the rematch.

Perry vs Wardlow was probably my favourite match on the show. Great dynamic, nice back and forth, both came out of it looking good.

How do Darby Allin’s opponents feel about his attitude to pain and getting hurt? It’s one thing him being so unconcerned about himself, but does that affect you as an opponent if he’s similarly careless during matches?

Kingston and Moxley both doing great promos this week. I’ve been losing interest in Mox recently but strangely, listening to this week’s Wrestle Me about the Lesnar match at WrestleMania 32 has renewed me wanting to see him do well.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Chili said:

John Silver is an absolute treat isn't he.

I had no idea who he was supposed to be, but that didn’t matter. His opening exchange with Reynolds was gold!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I had no idea who he was supposed to be, but that didn’t matter. His opening exchange with Reynolds was gold!

I think he’s meant to be buffalo bill from silence of the lambs 😂😂

They kinda explain on 'Road To' that Eddie Kingston was behind Penta replacing Fenix. I'd still rather Omega got a bye into the finals, but that's a pretty good explanation to further drive a wedge between Penta and Rey with Kingston subtly stirring shit up.

Last nights Dark is 2 hours 21 minutes long. I'm a massive fan of C shows and jobber matches (I think I was the only person still watching Superstars by the time that finished) but even I've gotta draw the line there. Almost as long as Hell in a Cell.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Last nights Dark is 2 hours 21 minutes long. I'm a massive fan of C shows and jobber matches (I think I was the only person still watching Superstars by the time that finished) but even I've gotta draw the line there. Almost as long as Hell in a Cell.

But in it's defence, it is giving TV exposure/experience and pay days to a lot of indy wrestlers during this pandemic. Also, Taz and Excalibur are great together on commentary. Plus this week we finally get Avalon vs Cutler where a winner must be decided. It's an easier watch then Raw   

• Paid Members

I have to admit, I'm baffled by their approach to Dark. It's an easy watch (and I do love the Brandon Cutler/Peter Avalon feud), but it's so long. I don't know if it's about banking footage, or just keeping people employed during the pandemic, with the idea of 'well, if we're going to do it, we may as well film it'.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It's an easier watch then Raw   

Normally, I'd say that's a fairly low bar, but this week's Raw was actually not too bad and Dark was massive slog to get through (which it normally isn't).  

But in it's defence, it is giving TV exposure/experience and pay days to a lot of indy wrestlers during this pandemic. Also, Taz and Excalibur are great together on commentary.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I'll probably give it a watch all the same.

Plus this week we finally get Avalon vs Cutler where a winner must be decided.

Actually, probably not.