The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Paid Members

A plancha is technically just a crossbody or a splash (and also a particular kind of lucha front bump, because they love using the same word for multiple things), but is usually used outside of Mexico to refer to a chest-first dive to the outside. A pescado is a slingshot plancha.

A tope is any head-first dive - tope suicida is a "suicide dive", tope con hilo/giro is a somersault through the ropes. 

A quesadora is any move from the wheelbarrow position. 

I'll take Excalibur getting the names (usually) correct over Mike Tenay and practically every subsequent American announcer calling every headscissors or frankensteiner a hurricanrana.

Edited by BomberPat
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Con Hilo translates as with thread, i.e when a wrestlers steps on the top rope to propel themselves over the top rope into a somersault. So if you don’t like his pronunciation that’s fine, doesn’t make him wrong 

Reveal hidden contents

0ACB229E-7781-4808-8D39-5AE1C4B2ACEF.png

But he chooses to call it hello, it's one of his things, like the falcon arrow he's done the deal, or when he called kicks to the back fucking unnecessary. He steals them of wrestlers who join him for commentary........

• Members

So Dynamite was good. 

In all seriousness though, I did thoroughly enjoy it, Cody going back to black hopefully is some kind of little note that he's got to stop showing off and trying to be cocky and instead needs to get aggressive. He's always been good with little character alterations like that the last few years. I'm excited for the rematch with Lee, it could be an absolute bloodbath. I understand where the negativity comes from in his new look, but I think it can work, bringing out a Darker side to him to fight the Dark Order. 

Cassidy was good again. The Kingston/Mox match was great though the ending (as with the one with Cage etc) didn't sit well for me. I know Kingston went onto twitter after to continue his "I didn't do this" gimmick stating he didn't tap so maybe there's something down the line for it. 

I do need Darby and Starks to finish up soon though, it's getting a bit repetitive. I'd be happy for him to win against Starks and start chasing Cage for trying to turn him into a pin cushion a few weeks back. If he can take the big man down, he's set for looking a main event talent. 

Seen there's a Jericho 30 years in wrestling celebration coming up as well. That'll be great if they let him go full Jericho on it and bring in guests, legends, promo time etc. 

Edited by Shy Dad
  • Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Nick James said:

According to multiple reports, numerous AEW wrestlers have tested positive for Covid-19. No names specifically, other than Lance Archer which was mentioned on Dynamite. 

Please god, don't let Sue get Corona

Last weeks episode was a pretape from 2 weeks ago, so when were they all exposed to it?? Looking at who wasn't on the show, it doesn't seem to be a cluster from a certain region?? 

I'm betting on asymptomatic jericho coming back from hog wild and killing off the demo to show his god powers.....

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

According to multiple reports, numerous AEW wrestlers have tested positive for Covid-19. No names specifically, other than Lance Archer which was mentioned on Dynamite. 

Ben Carter too, according to his Twitter

Edited by mim731
source
  • Paid Members

Spare a thought for Zack Ryder.

Spends his whole time off in the gym and taking god-knows-what to at least have the big physique, and then Miro - already the total package - shows up looking like the Incredible Hulk.

CBE7F832-53E3-44F5-AB19-7C749F1C68E8.gif.f13d88192a7f08422495d7a54d046928.gif

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, rollthedice said:

Seeing Ivelisse makes me realise how edited Lucha Underground must have been. I've thought the same about Luchasaurus and Lucha bros (Fenix more than Penta) but man Ivelisse takes the cake. 

You only need to watch a non-Lucha Underground Mil Muertes match to see how truly great the editors and producers of that show were.

Huge fan of Kennys commentary on Hangman matches, he's very good at being a smarmy git. They seem to be building to Kenny avoiding a match with Hangman from the commentary, which is a good way to go, because Hangman chasing Kenny for the belt is money. 

Brodie Lee's promo was brilliant, what an intense son of a gun, his match vs dark haired Cody is going to be a barnburner. 

• Paid Members

Tony Schiavone earned his keep during that Cody return. I can’t tell if he’s just excellent at putting it on or if he’s genuinely having the time of his life, but either way it’s super infectious hearing him shout and scream in delight.

It’s more apparent with each passing show. Tony on commentary is like watching the show with your best mate, with you both having the best time. JR on commentary is like watching it with your grumpy Dad, constantly making snarky comments and picking holes in everything, making you feel like a prick for watching it.