The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

In 2020 I never thought I'd be saying that 2 of my favourite characters in wrestling are Trent and Trent's Mom. You know those guys must have been having a genuine "this is so amazing" moment inside the car with how well Trent has done to build himself up from his time in WWE and how Cassidy and Taylor have been working for around 15 years for the 3 of them to close out an episode of a TV show and main event together. 

It was a good episode, its become one I'll watch because it flies by quicker than NXT for me, which I watch the highlights instead. 

Kaz and Page had a bloody excellent match, I'm enjoying Jericho working with the new, younger guys again, the street fight and Cassidy just deciding it was time to show up because "Why not?" was great and I'm now more interested in the Archer/Mox match as this uneasy alliance between Taz and Roberts I feel has to be more than a blink and you'll miss it kind of thing. Surely if they know they have a title shot waiting they'll run interference? Could be the leading up to a new war. 

Part of me thinks Shida and Rosa are gonna fight to unify the belts at some stage too based off last night. The fact NWA are allowing the belt to be contested for on the show makes me think the YouTube series is done and this could be a way of bringing in a few "secondary" big titles (World, Tag and Women's could all easily be contested for on the shows) and would give some of the top fueds a little more juice. But yeah I think Shida and Rosa may fight to unify their belts and I'd be happy to see them battle again. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

The show didn't feel particularly big this week but everything was good to great, a real easy watch with so many people showing character throughout.

That fucking main event tho, I loved everything about it, it filled that hardcore craving I get once in a while and over delivered. Finishing with Trent's mum like that was pitch perfect.

RANDOM THOUGHTS

1. It's easy to hate on Brandi but Christ she's insufferable. Somebody else nailed it a few pages back, why is she out there, why is not afraid of Brody, why is she standing up to him? Is it because she's a strong independent woman? Fuck right off. He destroyed your husband. He should be feared. You should be terrified. You shouldn't even be there. You should be off screen with Cody selling the severity. Now it seems less bad. Now nobody should really fear the Dark Order or Brody. She really needs to get off screen for a good while. Also what's with the Ally stuff? Her and QT offer nout.

2. Why hasn't Cage got half black/half orange gear yet? I'm a gear mark brah.

3. I loved Hangman's new look. Although it does make him look smaller and it's less of a main event event look. Props to him always looking the part in his cowboy gear backstage and not running about in shorts and comic book tees like the other geeks.

4. Darby needs to saved from himself. Stupid yet charismatic twat.

5. Khan is a disgrace for the Hardy incident. Bash WWE all you like but at least they care about their wrestlers enough to stop them for doing stupid shit whenever they think of it. He needs to be a leader and not one of the boys.

6. Dustin is just ace isn't he. Those promos. So fiery. So much passion. So real. Just classic wrasslin. It's almost a lost art. He deserves a run. He's so much better than Mox.

7. Miro rocks and has so much to offer. Mid Cardona ans Spears do not. So TNAish to have them. They offer nothing and take away from the building of home grown stars.

8. Mox is meh. Love me some Archer.

9. Hobbs has potential. Love a good hoss. Ditch the baby blue jobber colour though.

10. Thunder Rosa is a star. Would love to see her with the strap. Fanatic worker and look. Also ditch Vickie in an unrelated note.

Edited by boyfriend

If Tony Khan's wardrobe choice is this weeks biggest bitch topic then AEW had a good week.

I originally had concerns but now I see his appearances as just addressing the Elephant in the room. It's common knowledge that he's the boss so it would be daft if he isn't addressed from time to time.

He produces as well? Fair play to the guy if so. For someone with no previous hands on experience in running a wrestling promotion he's doing a good job.

Loved the main event.

EDIT.

BACHELOR PARTY INCOMING.

Edited by The King Of Swing
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Part of me thinks Shida and Rosa are gonna fight to unify the belts at some stage too based off last night. The fact NWA are allowing the belt to be contested for on the show makes me think the YouTube series is done and this could be a way of bringing in a few "secondary" big titles (World, Tag and Women's could all easily be contested for on the shows) and would give some of the top fueds a little more juice. But yeah I think Shida and Rosa may fight to unify their belts and I'd be happy to see them battle again. 

Can see it being more Shida challenges Rosa for the nwa title and loses to set up a third match between them

• Paid Members

I'm a bit surprised at how shitty the card is, you'd think if they were hoping to get some post NBA playoff audience they'd put on some better matches than Brandi vs Ana Jay. Chuck Kenny Omega vs Matt Sydal or something on there.

On the plus side as well as everything else positive, Eddie Kingston telling Blade to get his house in order meaning to go and get Allie back from QT at least means I have a few weeks of those 5 battering QT while fighting with Dustin and I'd guess Cardona and Scorpio.

Interested by Orange vs Brodie next week as well. Obviously can't see Lee losing but it'll be interesting how he wins. I don't think even for someone like Cassidy's character, after having him beat Jericho twice they'd then have him lose clean.

7 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Most wrestling shows? I guess babyfaces hanging out with their mother on national tv is where we are now.

It's not like Best Friends are supposed to be the next incarnation of The Road Warriors.  

I'm voting Sue as Non Wrestling Personality of the Year in the Observer Awards. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Getting an extra hour Tuesday next week, wonder if it’s a trial of when they start to run another night 

It was taped to air on Wednesday this week if Dynamite was moved to Thursday. It wasn't so it didn't.