The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He produces the show. That's what he was doing there. Odd thing to pick up on.

Has an episode of wrestling ever had a greater ending then the victors being driven off in a white people carrier whilst their mum flips of their opponents?  

Most wrestling shows? I guess babyfaces hanging out with their mother on national tv is where we are now.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

They can't win. Imagine the fucking crying if Tony Khan started giving it the big 'un.

I don't think they can but the "Tony Khan has booked ______ for next week" stuff has been increasing which, at least to me, feels like he wants to be more prominent on the show. I wouldn't start moaning for the sake of it if he suddenly decided to become a character on the show, where my concern is is that we get the same old authority figure routine that has been done to death for years. 

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He produces the show. That's what he was doing there. Odd thing to pick up on.

The point i was making was that I wouldn't have known who he was if he'd walked in to me in the street. He was dressed for the beach. If you're going to start appearing on screen as owner/producer, put on a pair of jeans and a shirt or something.

Edited by cobra_gordo
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, cobra_gordo said:

I wouldn't have known who he was if he'd walked in to me in the street. But if you're going to start appearing on screen as owner/producer, put on a pair of jeans and a shirt or something.

Bloody hell old man. I'll make sure he wears a tie next time as well

• Paid Members
Just now, cobra_gordo said:

I'm half surprised he wasn't wearing one of Jericho's shirts.

So Don't be like WWE when it comes to having authority figures, but make sure you are dressed like Vince would if you are going to be seen on camera, just like WWE. You do know that most companies now do not enforce suits and instead for a more casual look for workers? Maybe that hasn't reached the north yet, I don't know. But you don't have to wear suits anymore. It's alright.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So Don't be like WWE when it comes to having authority figures, but make sure you are dressed like Vince would if you are going to be seen on camera, just like WWE. You do know that most companies now do not enforce suits and instead for a more casual look for workers? Maybe that hasn't reached the north yet, I don't know. But you don't have to wear suits anymore. It's alright.

You know I didn't say suit right? I said jeans and a shirt. Suits haven't reached the north but our ability to read what we're referencing before mis-quoting has.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Most wrestling shows? I guess babyfaces hanging out with their mother on national tv is where we are now.

Fucking hell, what an absolutely miserable take. Cheer up, wrestling is supposed to be fun.

The ending was hilarious and fun as hell, I had a massive smile on my face. Loved that whole main event so much.

• Paid Members

Isn't it meant to be ridiculously hot where they are? While I can see the points from both sides, as Rick said, they really can't win one way or the other, such is wrestling these days.

The Young Bucks looked the best i've ever seen them, Matt (Black hair?) seems like the better of the two heel-wise and when they kicked the ref i was hoping they were going to throw the $5000 at the ref, when they didn't, i was disappointed. Then they threw it at Tony Khan (to be fair, it didn't even look like him) and sauntered off past FTR while FTR and Tully grinned like Cheshire cats. Home run of a segment for me. 

I really don't like Moxley. Never have, all the way from the Shield days. He just irritates the shit out of me with his wacky swagger and 'crazy' antics.

Eddie Kingston is absolutely captivating, easily the best promo in wrestling right now. 

That ending though, is Sue the biggest babyface in wrestling? Give her the big belt!

Edited by Nick James
1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

I don't think they can but the "Tony Khan has booked ______ for next week" stuff has been increasing which, at least to me, feels like he wants to be more prominent on the show. I wouldn't start moaning for the sake of it if he suddenly decided to become a character on the show, where my concern is is that we get the same old authority figure routine that has been done to death for years. 

They've done this since the early days of Dynamite, and to go from him appearing on camera for a split second to "OH MY GOD HE'S GOING TO BE LIKE MR MCMAHON NOW" is one hell of a stretch. 

As for the episode itself, it was very inconsequential. AEW does this every now and then, rolling out wrestling heavy shows with little storyline progression. It feels very much like their version of a Friendly match in football. Potentially a fun watch, but ultimately skippable. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Isn't it meant to be ridiculously hot where they are?

It's mid-30s with something like 80% humidity so I can forgive a guy for wearing shorts in that shit.

Thoroughly enjoyed it again this week, loved the main event and if the ending didn't make you smile then maybe AEW isn't for you! 

Also thought Kenny Omega did a good job on commentary for the Hangman Page match... A good way for him to get his character developed rather than backstage promos which I never feel hit the spot as well as intended.