The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

BTE has become pretty clear about the difference between the comedy stuff and the non-comedy stuff. Also, Kenny's cowardice and story with Colt, etc, was clearly dropped when he got frustrated with FTR turning up, and told Colt outright that he'd stop doing the comedy stuff and fucking murder him if he saw him again. It's not like it's some incredibly confusing thing - they're pretty obvious when it's silliness rather than story. Look at Colt doing the face injury stuff following the Best Friends 'murder' attempt, while he's showing up fine on Dynamite.

The Dark Order are obviously great, but the best thing this week (which I never thought I'd say) was Michael Nakazawa. This week had the revelation that his feelings were hurt when he wasn't in the Battle Royale, so sabotaged Matt Sydal by covering the turnbuckle in baby oil so he'd slip and break his neck. As soon as I realised where they were going, I started laughing.

And then, after the FTR match, and the post match stuff, and the interview, this week he was.......... Sitting in a locker room with the bucks and making gurning jokey faces at nakazawa and being all who booked this shit about the battle Royal...... 

They have a chance to either use BTE as a comic book spin off which expands but doesnt overshadow storylines or it doesn't exist in AEW Canon, they need to pick one........ 

No Nakazawa fan but I thought his stuff also put over what prize bellends the Bucks and Omega are.

Shame Kenny almost torpedoed the whole thing with possibly his worst performance ever at the end. He was straight up embarrassing with his goofy ranting, grunting or whatever the fuck he was attempting.

TH2 were actually in a decent segment as well but I'm crediting Silver, Reynolds and Stu for that.

YOU FUCKING SUCK.

Stu's delivery of that line cracked me and Wardlow being a judge was a nice touch.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

They have a chance to either use BTE as a comic book spin off which expands but doesnt overshadow storylines or it doesn't exist in AEW Canon, they need to pick one........ 

They really don't. I'm not disagreeing that they could do different things, they could do more things, and that they need to find a way to integrate storylines into their TV, but a lot of their success has been because of BTE. It's hit and miss as hell, but it's clearly working for them as is for the time being.

On the subject of Hangman Page, surely his latest t-shirt that just reads "Anxious Millennial Cowboy" in plain white font has to be contender for worst wrestling t-shirt ever?

I know that covers a lot of ground and PWT/AEW bring out new merchandise daily and it's probably already in the past but such a weird slogan or statement.

Has Page ever been called that as a nickname? Awful if he has.

I'm all for Making this current and on trend but this is a bit too on point.

Maybe if it was a better design with a whiskey bottle and cowboy hat would be more fitting the character

Edited by The Cutting Edge
Added shit
  • Paid Members

It's already the second-biggest selling t-shirt for the week and the fourth for the month, so it's not that much of a disaster.

Page hasn't been directly called that as a nickname. He has an ongoing thing where he writes his own entrance description, which have been odd and generally funny. "Seeing how white wrist tape works for him" one week, and "Didn't like the white wrist tape" the following. The one that really stuck with people was "Anxious millennial cowboy', which has become the way a lot of fans describe him as a result. It's all quite organic.

• Paid Members

Just watching BTE from around Episode 213, not watched it before, but I must admit, Colt Cabana is one of the most likeable oafs in recent times. Who would have thought Colt would be one of the better things in wrestling in 2020.

Matt Hardy is infinitely better on BTE than on TV shows, even shows like Raw / Impact, his stuff is more befitting of a sketch show. Money Matt is my favourite. 

I'd be happy if the only sound coming out of Justin Roberts mouth at the beginning of each episode is a faint mumble as somebody holds a chloroform soaked rag over his gob and replaces him with any other announcer. I'd take Michael "I talk over every fucker's entrance giving stupid facts for no reason and now you can't hear their music" Buffer over Justin Roberts.