The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

but also, as Meltzer pointed out recently - Luchasaurus has been wrestling for 11 years, amounted to nothing in FCW/NXT and nothing on the indies before Lucha Underground, and for that entire time he was following the stock "wrestle like a big guy" advice. He only started making waves when he started wrestling the way he does. 

I think there's a balance to be had.
It's undeniably impressive that a guy his size can do the stuff he does but seeing him do it all the time makes it less special.
As was said above, Nash busted out a leapfrog in his match v Goldberg [and a fucking plancha in his match v Mabel at SummerSlam!] but it was noteworthy because he only did it once. Mike Awesome doing dives was impressive but after a while it was like 'Okay, what else have you got?'.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Joey Janela gets worse every time I see him. Having never seen a single thing he's done pre AEW, I enjoyed him at first when he was doing bonkers hardcore stuff because you can get away with looking like a clueless chubby teenager when you're just getting your head stapled. 
Since then though he's looking worse and worse. He had a brief spell where he looked to be getting into shape and that just stopped.

Jericho and MJF tweeting the exact same thing at the exact same time. Already looking forward to seeing how that feud develops.

Good for them to post that number now considering they’ll be  expecting a drop next week due to not knowing exactly which day they’ll be on due to the NBA Playoffs

• Paid Members

That Hangman promo. Holy hell, that was good. Just utterly heartbreaking. "Inside, I'm made of blood and bone like everyone else, but I feel like from head to toe, I'm just full of poison." That was perfectly delivered too. And the way he convinced himself that it was just a glitch and that he and Kenny were still a 'we'. 

You just watched it, like 'oh, you poor sod'. And not in a bad way either. He's going to get his heart broken, hit rock bottom, and then build up to the main event again. I have no idea if they can pay this off well, but I'm so invested in the long-term story with him and Omega.

Edited by Chris B

Fair fucks to AEW, thats a decent number. I'm naively hoping they can continue to increase their numbers and force WWE (if they are capable anymore) to change things up a bit and produce compelling TV again.

I know WWE have turned Roman and FINALLY split Sasha and Bayley but I have lost all faith anything good long term will come from it. 

• Paid Members

To put it in comparison, Raw got a 1.7m rating this week to AEWs 1m but AEW scored higher with the key demos so you could argue it's getting better ratings than Raw at the moment. Absolutely crazy that both companies are in this position.

12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

To put it in comparison, Raw got a 1.7m rating this week to AEWs 1m but AEW scored higher with the key demos so you could argue it's getting better ratings than Raw at the moment. Absolutely crazy that both companies are in this position.

Hi Dave