The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Never been a fan of Rusev/Miro but hope he does well, just no more bitter ex wwe stuff it's been done to death by everyone for over 20yrs.

Hope he adds new stuff to him gimmick rather than just rehashing "miro day" although I'm sure prowrestling tees have made it already, guys like Cardona and Spears have shown how not to do it.

Wish fans would stop with "ex-wwe/tna/aew castoffs" because guys moving from company to company keeps them relevant and all rosters fresh, 80s/90s guys never overstayed there welcome, hopefully in years to come when aew is proper established and not as new guys will be able to move about with the stigma of "ex" to them 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scouseman said:

I am very happy to see Miro and what the future will hold for him in his new home in AEW. If you had told me that he would debut with blond hair wearing a $650 Gucci Disney shirt I would not have believed you. What I don't like is all the former WWE guys shitting on WWE when they leave just like last night. Things happen move on take the opportunity to prove people wrong. Don't shit on the company that gave you the opportunity and name value. I know they they may have legitimate reasons but it is just in poor taste. Look at Eddie Kingston have many times has that guy been knocked down can keeps coming, To quote him "Be a mark for $ signs and not the letters".          

I get the logic, and I agree that it gets tiresome when every new signing comes out with that, but I can't say I agree with those particular points. He doesn't owe them any more than the performances he gave them for the money they paid him. And after a point, their employment was detrimental to his career, because they deliberately placed a glass ceiling over his head for frivolous, stupid reasons. 

Not quite analogous, but Robert Pattinson is well documented as hating having to do the Twilight series. Like any other actor, he recognises the necessity to his career of having to work on projects you hate in order to get ahead, but it's not in poor taste to shit on it if the quality was poor, or if you feel it affected the direction of your career. 

Yes, WWE gave Miro a break, but they also decided to play silly buggers with his career after he did everything that they tell their workers are the right things to do, i.e. getting over, selling tickets/PPV buys, generating views, moving merch. Worst fucking CPD programme ever.

I've seen comments about how smart and "meta" AEW are bringing him in doing a wedding angle it's "so tongue in cheek etc"!!

To me that's the goofy shit that "held him back" all these years from being a top guy or whatever he should be, he's a fun guy so not saying bring him in wearing black and serious but don't copy same shit that only got you so far.

Rusev day had its day but no sure what more he wanted from it.

6 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I've seen comments about how smart and "meta" AEW are bringing him in doing a wedding angle it's "so tongue in cheek etc"!!

To me that's the goofy shit that "held him back" all these years from being a top guy or whatever he should be, he's a fun guy so not saying bring him in wearing black and serious but don't copy same shit that only got you so far.

The 'goofy shit' is arguably what got him over to the level where people actually gave a shit about him. And all things considered it sounds like Vince just never believed in him enough to really get behind him.

He's one guy that really does feel like he could've gone further than he did. Whether that's Vince's fault or not, only time will tell. But certainly guys like Pac thrive outside of the WWE environment and show that they can amount to something far more. It's not the case for everyone - Cardona obviously, and Spears to a point - but it'll be interesting to see how much Miro thrives in this environment going forward.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

From what I've read, one of his grievances with WWE was that he felt he could be like Kurt Angle: enough of a goof to do comedy, but convincing enough to be a threat all the way up to main-event level. I've seen only a bit of his work, but I'd concur with that assessment. Think that's consensus on here, too. Not to mention that, in sheer measurable, monetised terms, it would seem the crowd agree.

Yeah I saw his Kurt Angle idea and could see it working for him.

I had to problem with goofy stuff he did because he did it well, but it's more the "when the handcuffs are off I'll you" type stuff...then does the same thing that only got him so far, very early days for him and it's a foot in the door.

Morrison was a similar thing years ago, not being used properly, ideas ignored etc then goes to every company and looks and does same thing...and still does today 10yrs later

• Paid Members

Miro/Rusev is incredibly funny so for AEW not to capitalize on that and push him as a super serious tough guy (when all the other top guys in AEW already have feuds) would be madness. And it's not like he needs much build to be taken seriously as a threat, just look at the guy he's a beast.

• Paid Members

Rusev mentioned wanting to pattern himself on Kurt Angle - capitalise on his natural comedic talents but also be a badass. You can’t argue with him. He’s hilarious in almost everything he does, yet he also looks like this.

85A422EE-9952-40C3-94B3-E106B6EB955C.thumb.jpeg.4a9aeaaf8eb95235835d00f6493984a5.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

Really enjoyed the focus on promos this week. The loosening of scripted promos is what really sets AEW apart and is their big selling point for me. Awesome range of talkers on that roster, best in 20 years.

Can't wait to see Miro mixing it up, more meat is always welcome. Crap debut though. Best Man Miro looked as nondescript as Kenny Omega and I'm not sold on him to be honest. I like the Kurt Angle comparison though. Lets see where it goes.

Happy as Larry Cody plugging his game show appearance was a hilarious end to the show. Didn't see that one coming.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash
  • Paid Members

He should make Ladder Cage matches his signature, but call them "The Ladder of Escape", as painted by his great artist namesake, Joan Miro:

03MIRO1-superJumbo.jpg

Stick some farmyward animals in there, and he's golden.

Fucking state of Joey Janela. Him and Jericho facing eachother is like someone has travelled through time and run into themselves. 

I’m happy that Miro has signed, there was rumours of him going to Impact, and I think this a better fit for him but being Kip Sabian’s best man is a bit of a shit way to introduce him.

Why do I imagine this ‚ÄúWin a virtual Meet & Greet¬†with an AEW Talent‚ÄĚ thingy always ends up with some poor sod talking to Austin Gunn.