The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Sammy G and Matt Hardy should never be allowed near each other again. That has to be one of the ugliest feuds ever.

I hate that grass Evan Bourne and was gutted to see him turn up so I pissed myself at him screwing up his signature move instantly, the botch was captured so well too, it was spectacular. Hope they never use him again.

What an absolute disgrace that they let that Sammy/Hardy match continue. Matt went stiff as a board instantly, stop the dam thing right there and then. Fuck your storyline, a human being has just smacked his head on the ground, call it a No Contest and get the guy a an actual doctor, not Tony Khan saying “but there must be a winner!”.  I’m not a fan of Matt Hardy in the slightest, but hopefully he’ll be OK and doesn’t suffer any after effects because of this. Can you imagine the shitstorm AEW will be in he has after-effects? 

And what’s the first thing they do after restarting? a DDT on the floor, for fucks sake.

Thunder Rosa was lucky not to smack her head on the ramp step too, had she been a step further back she probably would’ve done.

Hangman downgrading to Midcard Tights from Main Event Pants - sad face. And “Anxious Millennial Cowboy”, I didn’t think there could be a worse name in anything than Five Finger Death Punch, but that’s giving it a run for its money. That match seemed a bit odd in that it seemed to be building to the finish only to then slow right back down again and go another 12 minutes or so, and the reaction in the arena reflected that and as a result FTR winning the belts fell a bit flat.

I love how it went from 500 Gallons of Mimosa to 80 Gallons between Dynamite and the PPV. A daft match but a welcome bit of fun, even if it did mean that I should’ve put my money on OC after all. Oh well.

Main event was OK but nothing particularly memorable aside from MJF doing another pointless blade job on what ended up being AEW’s weakest PPV so far.

A large chunk of idiots on twitter and Facebook seem to be defending the Matt Hardy incident by using the argument "Well Matt told the Doctor he was fine, and he should know better than us, and anyways it was a small fall, it's not like they continued a PPV right after a man died like some companies I could mention" 🙄

18 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Hangman downgrading to Midcard Tights from Main Event Pants - sad face. And “Anxious Millennial Cowboy”, I didn’t think there could be a worse name in anything than Five Finger Death Punch, but that’s giving it a run for its money. That match seemed a bit odd in that it seemed to be building to the finish only to then slow right back down again and go another 12 minutes or so, and the reaction in the arena reflected that and as a result FTR winning the belts fell a bit flat.

My guess is they stretched it out to make up for Hardy/Sammy being cut short. Real flat match though. Agree about Page's tights, made him look smaller if anything.

Hope Tony Khan wakes up a bit after this. All the stunt-show shit isn't worth it and doesn't make the shows any better. Dustin's post-match promo is the type of thing they should be looking to do more of. That shit always works whereas the stunts and the kickouts are wearing thinner by the week. 

On a more positive note I thought Private Party were better than they've ever been on the pre-show. Good to see them pulling back and working on the basics. Shitty gimmick aside, Silver and Reynolds are a pretty good team and I'm up for seeing more. Jungle Boy is awesome, think he could be the best wrestler on the planet in a few years. Marko Stunt is "an annoying rash" like JR calls him, but he pumped up the crowd better than anyone else did all night.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

And “Anxious Millennial Cowboy”, I didn’t think there could be a worse name in anything than Five Finger Death Punch, but that’s giving it a run for its money.

Could not disagree more. Since that turned up as a self-deprecating description Hangman made about himself, it's been something that's clearly caught on with a lot of people. Personally, I love it - it's a great connection point for the audience. He's obviously an ass-kicker, and that's not in question. But the idea that he doubts himself, that he's unsure and that he screws up and tries to make things right? Who doesn't identify with him and want to see him succeed?

As an official name for him, sure. It doesn't work - but as a general nickname and description of him, it's great. It takes this tall, well-built, handsome ass-kicker, and makes him an ongoing underdog that just might succeed.

It's the same thing, in the long-run, that's worked so well for me with Kenny Omega. I'm invested in his character and journey, and I want to see him succeed. That bit last week when FTR told him he was a piece of shit and all his friends think so... I can't remember the last time I connected with a wrestling character in the way I do in a drama series. That was so good, and it's all partly because his character is the anxious millennial cowboy.

• Paid Members

I love how Hardy's wife is having none of it. Liking tweets where people are calling Tony Khan a dog wanking liar.

Genuinely, I thought he had died. He was stiff and his face was lifeless. There was a good 40 seconds where I thought we'd seen a death on screen. The fact he was allowed to climb a scaffold after that was fucking obscene. I dont blame Hardy. He's essentially on autopilot. His mentality is to keep going. Its up to those in charge to make sure he's safe.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I just don't get why they would even take that risk to allow him to carry on. Call it, be done with it and revisit the match some other time.

It was a random match in the middle of the card. I really don't think it was a showstopper - and even then, it it was the main event then health still comes first.

Such a bizarre decision, especially when no one's talking about who won the match or how they won it etc etc. The only talking point surrounding it is now Hardy's health and the shitty treatment. They haven't won anything by pressing forward with it.

• Paid Members

Ref Aubrey looked scared shitless, then Sammy tried to pick him up and carry on (that's not on Sammy, he was looking around a lot and I presume he was told to carry on) then Hardy stumbled and fell straight away was horrifying. 

The whole spot was daft, two piddly little tables that were close to the scaffold for them to fall on? It'll be interesting to see if the Bucks poke fun of the Crash Mats of NXT now. They may look abit shittier, but if it protects someone braining themselves on concrete then I'd rather it look slightly shittier.

Edited by Nick James
On 9/6/2020 at 10:41 AM, The King Of Swing said:

Did Anna Jay have a wardrobe malfunction? Maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.

Every fucking episode she's on, he's at it, with some or other related comment. Can't she just be there, without being a vixen, jezebel or whichever qualitiies his warped, old mind attributes to her? Even if he's thinking it, ffs have the awareness not to say it. Dirty old man.

Edited by KingofSports

Hardy nearly dies in a match he is supposed to win. Could have ended handicapped with a broken skull / back whatever...

Ref gives the X sign and Sammy yells at her to start a 10 count. So she starts a 10 count, basically forcing Hardy to stand up. 

Stop being marks for that oldskool ‘hardman’ wrestling bullshit. ‘The show must go on’ BS.

Call it a no contest, get the camera off and call the fucking ambulance.

Edited by LWOLeN
17 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Hardy nearly dies in a match he is supposed to win. Could have ended handicapped with a broken skull / back whatever...

Ref gives the X sign and Sammy yells at her to start a 10 count. So she starts a 10 count, basically forcing Hardy to stand up. 

Stop being marks for that oldskool ‘hardman’ wrestling bullshit. ‘The show must go on’ BS.

Call it a no contest, get the camera off and call the fucking ambulance.

Even if Sammy won - who gives a fuck at that point? Hardly like they don't have the opportunity to write something different down the line. Of all the matches to worry about endings and who was going to win etc, it really wasn't one that really mattered in the slightest.

I really thought his hair spread out on the floor was a pool of blood for a few seconds. Scary shit!

I want to be fair to Sammy & Aubrey in that they are plunged into this situation, presumably without a producer on hand to say this is how it ends. Calling for a 10 count sounds smart to me because you would assume Hardy isn't getting up. Then the match could end in accordance with wrestling's internal logic.

When we've seen Audrey give the "x" and the commentary team have told us it's over to carry on just looks daft, on top of the obvious health risks.

It's been well observed on here that AEW do learn from their mistakes, so let's hope it applies to situations like this as well as storytelling, gimmicks & angles.

BTW, on the subject of Hangman.

One of my favourite things on AEW is the little bits of info on his name card.

"Zero days sober" or such like.

Saturday night's said " not bothered what goes here anymore" or words to that effect. So it looks like a little bit of fun being taken away.

I guess the next chapter of Page's story will be a bit more serious.

Who cares about finishing the match or wrestling’s internal logic. A guys just smacked his head on a concrete floor from 10 or 12ft and for all we or anybody else knew could‘ve been bleeding on his brain, cut away and get him to a fucking hospital

Edited by WyattSheepMask