The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

TH2 are fucking terrible, zero argument there. I'm finding the 50+ seconds for 50+ stuff funny though.

and useful. I am crap at hanging pictures, and now I know a hack!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right people, right time, just the wrong location.

Fucking hell who’s arsed. Let people get excited about things.

For a TV Guide photoshoot promoting a new wrestling show, this is what you want to see. Not you brothers wedding reception, like those cunts above. You're selling professional wrestling. Nothing else.

Posted Images

Adam Page's deadpan delivery makes The Elite sections so much better, I just can't stand Omega and The Bucks' style of humour a lot of the time, it's sub-WWE bad at times. The Dark Order stuff is goofy but works, I don't mind little bits seeping in to Dynamite as long as it doesn't get too silly on TV. Have they finished with the Private Party skits? They were fucking dreadful, they're a team that need a serious filter over everything they do.

Sad how bad Jack Evans is these days, he was always entertaining as fuck and he’s just not now. I guess it’s reasonable that his stuff is less crisp given the style he wrestled for so long but I don’t understand how his personality is so bland now.

43 minutes ago, danlewis said:

Sad how bad Jack Evans is these days, he was always entertaining as fuck and he’s just not now. I guess it’s reasonable that his stuff is less crisp given the style he wrestled for so long but I don’t understand how his personality is so bland now.

I'm actually a fan of his mid match trash talking but fucking hell he's a shit promo.

• Paid Members

Everyone else has been doing stuff with their BTE segments, and TH2 just keep doing the same shit static promos on their iphones. They're really bad. Private Party's stuff a little while ago didn't work, but I won't fault them for trying - it was an attempt at short-film comedy, which ended up being occasionally funny. But at least they tried. TH2 just smacks of minimum effort and complaining, and it doesn't even feel like that's a gimmick.

Jack Evans has never been crisp. Ever. He's always flopped around like a fish that's been taken out of water and thrust into a human body. 

Edited by Vamp
9 hours ago, Chris B said:

Everyone else has been doing stuff with their BTE segments, and TH2 just keep doing the same shit static promos on their iphones. They're really bad. Private Party's stuff a little while ago didn't work, but I won't fault them for trying - it was an attempt at short-film comedy, which ended up being occasionally funny. But at least they tried. TH2 just smacks of minimum effort and complaining, and it doesn't even feel like that's a gimmick.

They fought a teddy bear for 13 dollars, there's no way to defend them...... 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

They fought a teddy bear for 13 dollars, there's no way to defend them...... 

I tend to be more a fan of something that tries and fails rather than doesn't try. TH2 doing shitty promos against blank walls isn't trying. Private Party, during the beginning of lockdown, making a mini-film with a full narrative, taking on the boogeyman and the giant teddy bear they used to wrestle as kids (out for revenge)... it didn't work, but at least they were trying to do something. I didn't have an issue with the silliness of it - I like silly. It mainly fell down in being overly long and not funny enough.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

what on earth?!

Clearly slapping his own chest to psyche himself up and intimidate his opponent. And it clearly worked.

This isn't the first time they've done this, but at least it was live last time...