MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Apparently Matt Cardona’s deal is only for 5 appearances, so he’s essentially on trial at QPR at this stage. Fully expecting Cody to go and vouch for his mate though

5 appearances gets him to All Out 2 for a match with Cody I'm guessing, after that hopefully he fucks off.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

A lot of hype on Kingston from everyone. Never seen him, so was wondering what matches of his were particularly worth watching?

Watch his promos and match with Cody from last week for a good intro.

Never seen AEW before and caught Dynamite last night on ITV4. 

What the actual hell was that all about? 

Editing all over the shop, random collection of segments cobbled together to make a programme. Warhorse looks like the cop from Mortal Kombat3. Is that meant to be his look? 

Diamante was unbelievably rubbish, botches all over. The promo beforehand was a poor LU thing too. 

Omega and Page vs The Chosen Ones or whatever they were called was seemingly just glorified ballet, and spot after spot. 

MJFs state of the Union was fun though and pissed off JR just added to the weirdness overall 

Don't think AEW is for me on this showing. 

1 hour ago, patiirc said:

Editing all over the shop, random collection of segments cobbled together to make a programme. Warhorse looks like the cop from Mortal Kombat3. Is that meant to be his look? 

Diamante was unbelievably rubbish, botches all over. The promo beforehand was a poor LU thing too. 

Omega and Page vs The Chosen Ones or whatever they were called was seemingly just glorified ballet, and spot after spot. 

MJFs state of the Union was fun though and pissed off JR just added to the weirdness overall 

AEW is inconsistent. When it’s good it’s really good and when it’s bad, it’s horrendous. I suspect if you’d watched last week’s show you’d feel very differently.

I’d suggest trying it again, next week’s show looks like it could be a lot of fun. 

2 hours ago, patiirc said:

You're thinking of Nightwolf who is the Native American. The cop in MK3 is Stryker who just looks like a cop.

stryker.gif

nightwolf.gif

3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

You're thinking of Nightwolf who is the Native American. The cop in MK3 is Stryker who just looks like a cop.

stryker.gif

nightwolf.gif

That's the one, ta muchly

Seemingly going against the general consensus on here, I've got a real soft spot for Matt Cardona. He's a total man-child and a dreamer, but I think that is what endears him to a lot of his fan base, which I'm sure will have a large crossover with AEW's core demographic. He's probably a valuable signing even if they barely put him in the ring. It won't hurt AEW to have a another guy on the roster that really looks the part too, there's still too many on their show that just don't look like stars to the casual viewer. For what it's worth I don't think Cardona is much, if any, bigger now than he has been in a couple of years- he got jacked a while ago but just never got on TV to show it off. 

I do hope he does well. Having said that, I know he's had knee issues and it shows in his movement. I have no idea how much he's capable of any more. He's probably not had a match go more than eight minutes in the past few years. It'll be interesting to see how he does once he's in the ring with the workrate types. Maybe it will actually suit him and he'll be able to get away with working a slower big man style.

I'd say he needs a new finisher, the Rough Ryder jumping leg drop is a decent move against bigger guys but on Dark Order minions it didn't look right.

Surprised Myers went to impact splitting up the team

Next week’s lineup looks great, and I’m really excited by Darby Allin vs. Moxley, but how the hell do they improve on their last TV match, which had the best finish ever?

I worry what Darby has planned to top that incredible top-rope DDT.

Mid Cardona is tremendous. 

I watched an Observer/F4W clip where they talked about him, and pointed out that his entire career has been spent working for a company that never saw him as worth anything, even after he got himself over. 

It's a fair point, and that makes me more interested in him being given a second chance. What can a more serious Zack Ryder, with something to prove, show? Were WWE wrong with him?

Cody is clearly rooting for him, and is hopefully working with him on a tryout basis (while he shills their toyline). 

Fuck it, that makes me intrigued. Let's see if there's anything there with him that we've not been able to see. I'm not going to claim I'm optimistic, but I am intrigued.

I don’t believe the 5 appearances deal, as tapings are fortnightly so it’d be 3 dates really. Seems like something leaked to throw off the scent. 

Matt cardona was so far ahead of the game when it came to social media and self advertising. When z true story came out, I remember all my mates girlfriends being obsessed with it, the likes of bte wouldn't exist without it. He also did a release party for his post wwe merch where he phoned everybody who bought merch, and it took him something like 6 weeks to get through all the calls. 

I'd imagine his aew 5 appearance deal might also be because he knows there's money to be made on the indy scene as well, and he will shift ridiculous amounts of merch. 

He's a good get in a self promotion way, both sides benefitting the other, and doesn't his wrestling figure podcast do good numbers, which helps aews launch. 

He got over as a comedy geek though. That’s what always seems to get lost in the discussion. Me and my flat mates loved, “Z! True Long Island Story,” as much as anyone, but how exactly do you make a proper star coming off a show like that, when the absolute best part every single week was the running joke that his Dad preferred John Morrison?

19 hours ago, RedRooster said:

AEW is inconsistent. When it’s good it’s really good and when it’s bad, it’s horrendous. I suspect if you’d watched last week’s show you’d feel very differently.

I’d suggest trying it again, next week’s show looks like it could be a lot of fun. 

The "girl with a little curl" of wrestling promotions, for sure. 

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

He got over as a comedy geek though. That’s what always seems to get lost in the discussion. Me and my flat mates loved, “Z! True Long Island Story,” as much as anyone, but how exactly do you make a proper star coming off a show like that, when the absolute best part every single week was the running joke that his Dad preferred John Morrison?

Stick him in a wheelchair and have Lance Archer push him off the stage.