MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

23 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So where was Excalibur this week?

Well, this has been going around again.

Apparently Excalibur and Steen regretted it right after and it was something The Human Tornado pushed for but you know.. if it's out there in 2020 you're fucked.

Edited by Merzbow

Yikes! I’ve never heard about that happening. At least his absence makes sense now and we’ll see how the higher-ups deal with it, but considering that Justin Roberts seems to have gotten away unpunished for his stuff, I reckon he’ll be gone for a few weeks and then brought back and move on

I made the mistake of reading some of the replies too, Wrestling fans really will defend anything it would seem

28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Well, this has been going around again.

Apparently Excalibur and Steen regretted it right after and it was something The Human Tornado pushed for but you know.. if it's out there in 2020 you're fucked.

Shit I remember when this happened. Must have been 2005 or something. Excalibur apologised to the crowd either later on the show or on the next show two weeks later if I recall. Utterly dreadful and indefensible. I wouldn't expect Excalibur or Steen to defend it.

Edited by LaGoosh

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I made the mistake of reading some of the replies too, Wrestling fans really will defend anything it would seem

'It would have been agreed backstage'

'He is a heel'

'Wrestling is a performance and that was part of the show' 

'Excalibur has put black people over before' 

Something like that?

1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

'It would have been agreed backstage'

'He is a heel'

'Wrestling is a performance and that was part of the show' 

'Excalibur has put black people over before' 

Something like that?

All except the last one, although I’m sure I’d come across that if I looked long enough.

Again no one is saying it was right what I’m saying is it was agreed upon to put on a show. The black guy was probably fine with it because he knows it’s an act and he’s getting paid. Do you get mad when an actor in a movie says the word?”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I know I'm in the minority of opinions in 2020 but punishing someone for saying the N Word 15 years ago as part of a wrestling promo is definitely snowflake material for me. That was clearly a promo, if vince told ziggler to say it to Kofi next week he would.... He would then apologise on SM. Is he still accountable for this promo a decade later? 

We’ve had this conversation before, but if you have to resort to using racial slurs to get heat, you’re a shit at getting heat.

Just because this is wrestling doesn’t give you free reign to bust that sort of shit out.

Anyway, rather than derail the conversation away from AEW- JR sounded like he was in a right cunty mood all night 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

42 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

All except the last one, although I’m sure I’d come across that if I looked long enough.

Again no one is saying it was right what I’m saying is it was agreed upon to put on a show. The black guy was probably fine with it because he knows it’s an act and he’s getting paid. Do you get mad when an actor in a movie says the word?”

While I’m in no way defending it, Meltz said today that it actually was the black guy that talked them in to it..Steen especially didn’t want to do it but he convinced him. Then afterwards they knew it was a giant fuck up and apologised. Doesn’t change what happened of course and it’s probably one of the biggest regrets for all involved.

2 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

While I’m in no way defending it, Meltz said today that it actually was the black guy that talked them in to it..Steen especially didn’t want to do it but he convinced him. Then afterwards they knew it was a giant fuck up and apologised. Doesn’t change what happened of course and it’s probably one of the biggest regrets for all involved.

ryan reynolds eye roll GIF

1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

Meltz said today that it actually was the black guy that talked them in to it

You only had to scroll up to see Merzbow had said it was Human Tornado. Come on. 

If Brian Cage disappears from tv in the near future, you can bet the clip of him in PWG using the Booker T “I’m coming for you...” line on Willie Mack has started spreading around social media. 

58 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yes.

So someone we know that is reading from a script in the hypothetical situation I mentioned is still held to account a decade later.  

This is what's killing wrestling, and in fairness other entertainment. Does it have to be video proof or can people aka Michael Hayes and Dustin Rhodes just be blackballed on hearsay? 

They were the first 2 names that I thought of having done much worse things than a racist promo 

AEW was not good this week. Continuing their routine of following up a successful show with a dud. The MJF promo and Page/Omega/Dark Order stuff was enjoyable. The main event was very average. Everything else was pretty terrible. I'm really quite unhappy about Zack Ryder turning up on the only wrestling show I watch. He fucking sucks and doesn't deserve TV time, especially when other guys who do such as Archer, Dustin and the Lucha Bros don't have anything going on. I've found JR fine when others haven't but he was a right useless miserable cunt this week, as well as missing most his cues and rambling nonsense he actually came across as if he was legitimately trying to sabotage the product by pointing out all the stuff he hated throughout the night. Tony needs to have a word.

Edited by LaGoosh

The JR thing has been amplified by me watching some old WCW stuff. Tony's great and remains at that level. JR has lost all enthusiasm. I know he's been through a lot but still. It really is night and day when you compare it.