MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

9 minutes ago, Louch said:

anyone else when watching on itv get loads of bleeps during the opening tag match? Couldn’t make out what it was covering them saying 

It wasn't just the itv feed.

What I meant by dehumanising her was that he was taking us out of the moment. This was her TV debut, her big entrance. I hadn't seen her before and immediately sat up and was impressed and for me it killed the moment a little and the awe that they were tryna go for.

Sometimes you have to lay back and sell moments, JR is a sarky bollox but he knows this more than anyone. (I know Excalibur failed doing it with Butcher and Blade but he tried. Announcing for TV is different than PWG so I'd give him a break, no doubt he'll improve).

And I don't think it's odd that JR wouldn't know her. There's been multiple wrestlers where they come out and he throws to the expert Excalibur to fill us in on their back story so for me it's normal that he didn't know her and tried his best to sell the shit out of this new spooky character he was seeing for the first time in person.

Just to clarify my issue is TIMING. Just don't do it during her entrance. Sell the character. Fine do it later, it does put her over like you mentioned, could say how Shida felt her wrath etc. Just NOT during her debut entrance, particularly because of the nature of her character. Probably will have to agree to disagree! Happy Father's Day y'all.

16 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

How long have they been having 11 matches on Dark? No wonder JR doesn’t watch it.

Yeah, I don't see what sense there is in having the non-live, internet-only B-show have an 11 match edition, particularly when they're not even happening in front of a proper live audience.

What they've basically done there is taped a month's worth of Dark then put it all on at once for some reason.

Dark is is over the place time/match wise.

Only theory I can think of for the amount of matches sometimes is that it may be a way of giving people some work.

Not really an issue in the grand scheme for me though since I don't usually bother with Dark and just wait for the individual matches to be uploaded.

This week's Dynamite didn't entertain me as much as ones in previous weeks. The debut from abandon was good enough, and the colt cabana story moved along although I expect that to finish with recent insight.

Britt Baker again superb. it was a decent enough show to further stuff along, it just didn't live up to ones in weeks gone by. 

That orange Cassidy moment would have been electric with a crowd. 

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Sammy Guevara could be in trouble for that rape comment. His follow workers on twitter are pretty fucking outraged. Rightly so, too.

I doubt it. The comment was made in 2016 when Sammy was 22 years old and he's given a fairly genuine sounding apology for it. A fucking idiotic thing to say no doubt but not worth kicking off over.

EDIT: Scratch that, he's now been suspended and put on sensitivity training. His pay is being donated to a women's shelter.

Edited by LaGoosh

I'm not sure what context you would even say that which confuses me, was that example a few years back on MOTD where someone ( forgot who ) said oh he absolutely raped him there as in beat him for pace which while not a nice thing to say on tv I've actually heard in context of football

Not sure what Sammy was going for there tho

24 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I'm not sure what context you would even say that which confuses me, was that example a few years back on MOTD where someone ( forgot who ) said oh he absolutely raped him there as in beat him for pace which while not a nice thing to say on tv I've actually heard in context of football

Pardew.

44 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

He literally was saying she was so attractive that he wanted to rape her. I'm not sure what you're confused about. 

I think they're handling this fairly well. It'sa severe wrist-slap for speaking like an edge-lord, and bringing the company into disrepute.

4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

He literally was saying she was so attractive that he wanted to rape her. I'm not sure what you're confused about. 

I think they're handling this fairly well. It'sa severe wrist-slap for speaking like an edge-lord, and bringing the company into disrepute.

I haven't seen it but doubt that anyone watching seriously thought that he actually wanted to rape her, nor did he rape her, or for all we know ever said such a thing ever again. 

His comment was inappropriate and as such a public slapped wrist as well as his apology and Sachas tweet confirming he had apologised to her was in order. Can't wait for people exposing what his pay was for whatever the period of his suspension is. 

I'm probably wrong here but I feel that most people probably said something aged 22 that they would now think inappropriate and wouldn't dream of saying in retrospect. I also think that society is changing rapidly, and for the better, but judging people on comments of this nature from the past seems counter productive and is taking focus off of what #speakingout should really be all about. 

I’m pretty sure when I was 22 I knew not to say or even think ‘phworrr, She’s fit id rape her’. 

I think people are giving an easy out by saying that he was a youngster at the ripe old age of 22. Whether it was said as a joke or not, it’s not something you should be saying regardless.

AEW have rightly taken the correct action, good on them for acting quickly.

22 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I’m pretty sure when I was 22 I knew not to say or even think ‘phworrr, She’s fit id rape her’. 

Me too. But we're not the same as everyone else. Listen to a group of youngsters talking about football and it's like a different language. 

This is inexcusable but no one is making an excuse. Just reasons why although it's awful, it's not a reason to end the lads career. It seems a very fair punishment. Hopefully other people see and hear about this and think about what they're saying.

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

I think they're handling this fairly well. It's a severe wrist-slap for speaking like an edge-lord, and bringing the company into disrepute.

We had an intern on our team last year around Sammy's then-age, who got a bit carried away in the office banter and used that term regarding one of the secretaries, and roundly and immediately got a bollocking for it from the rest of the team. There are smarter ways to describe how attractive you find someone than saying you'd like to sexually assault them. I really hope this isn't a generational language thing.

I can’t help but feel that had this been someone lower on the roster, let’s say that guy who plays The Librarian for arguments sake, then he’d have already been sent packing which is also probably what would’ve happened had any of us said such a thing at our jobs. Being involved with Jericho, who will have probably gone to bat for him (although let’s not forget that photo in that lift of him getting off with someone who definitely wasn’t his wife), could’ve saved Sammy his job on this occasion, as well as Sasha herself, I think it says a lot about her that she reached out.

Having said that, AEW have said they will reasses once he’s completed this sensitivity training, so I imagine he’ll come back on the proviso that if he gets in any other trouble then he’s gone.

Clearly AEW had to do something, but this isn’t Frasier Crane asking a woman if they’re turned on during a heated, sexual tension heavy argument, Sammy said “when I was at WWE the other week, I wanted to just go fucking rape that woman”. They say context is key, but in any real world job you’re out on your arse after saying that in any context.

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Swapped paragraphs around