MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Agree Yakashi, too much goofing off up and down the card for me. None of the programs are hot and haven't felt like it since Revolution. That's not to say Inner Circle aren't great, they're massively entertaining and the weekly highlight of Dynamite. But I'm not gonna shell out money to watch them on PPV. Especially not when Mike Tyson and his goons are involved.

But Hager's poem? Ortiz's "WHAT!?" Gold.

FTR coming in could be a shot in the arm though. They looked cool as fuck on their debut. Way cooler than Stone Cold Cody in his van the other week. Hopefully the post-match angle signals Matt Hardy is breaking away from The Elite and mixing it up with the undercard guys for a bit. The Elites relationship was the best thing going on before Hardy took center stage and mucked it all up. 

Battle Royal was a state but it was good seeing Sonny Kiss again. Don't watch Dark, has he improved? Thought his flash of offence was pretty exciting here. Grit my teeth at the thought of good ol' JR calling his matches though.

I'm probably the outlier on Hikaru Shida in that I find her completely bland as a worker. It's a shame because I thought Nyla Rose was growing into her role as the monster champion pretty well. But if it's to transition the belt onto Britt Baker then I'm all for it.

So far it does feel like Moxley is getting the short end of the stick while Jericho and the EVPs get to play with all the toys. Hot-shotting monster of the week types isn't a terrible idea but it doesn't make for the most compelling feuds. I'm beginning to think MJF was the original plan for Mox but they're  holding it off until the crowds come back. 

Seemed to tease Orange Cassidy vs Chris Jericho. That not happening in front of a white hot crowd would be absolutely tragic.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Obviously a lot of  purist wrestling fans aren't gonna like the Jericho/Tyson stuff but I'm all for it if done right. I like one off spectacles in my wrestling every now and again and the mainstream publicity could do wonders for a new company like AEW. They'd have been daft not to do something if he's willing.

Thought it was a good show to be fair, more angle driven than anything but that's fine. The Revival are pretty much my favourite tag team so very excited to see them in a stacked tag division

Edited by AndyUK

53 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

One thing I was confused with was they just had a match on the pre show at Double or Nothing for the no1 contendership to the Tag Titles which Best Friends won yet on this episode there was a match for a Tag Team Title shot next week so in effect a no 1 contenders match which Jimmy Havoc and Kip Sabian won.

Did someone forget they allready determined Challengers to the title just 4 days before?

I think one is for a title shot and the other is for number one contender. If they are going to layer it that way it should be better explained. I might be wrong but from the looks of it that seems to be the situation. 
Stacking it up like that is probably a way to keep Bucks and FTR out the title scene for a bit 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

53 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

One thing I was confused with was they just had a match on the pre show at Double or Nothing for the no1 contendership to the Tag Titles which Best Friends won yet on this episode there was a match for a Tag Team Title shot next week so in effect a no 1 contenders match which Jimmy Havoc and Kip Sabian won.

Did someone forget they allready determined Challengers to the title just 4 days before?

I'm sure one of the announcers said Best Friends face the winners of next weeks match at Fyter Fest.

@Mr Butternut Squash Your post just reminded me that during the battle royale JR called Sonny Kiss 'she'. 

9 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

anyone have any idea who the guy in Tyson's crew was with the white t-shirt and painted face?

Darby Allin with stilts and a fried chicken diet.

Weird show, the thing I liked the most might have been the opening match actually, Britt's promo a close second. Also, go on Jungleboy!

13 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Shit I actually forgot about FTR. Guess being lumped with Butcher and Blade will have that effect.

On those scrubs has The Bunny gimmick been ditched?

Guess so. Wasn't it Allie flirting with QT Marshall at ringside all night?

2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Do adults actually buy these shirts?

AEW have a fair few decent designs that aren’t embarrassing for adults to wear. They have a few comedy designs that appeal to me as much as tops that say “if found please return to the pub” but overall there is more good than bad.

They are always quick to release designs as soon as possible. I woke up at 7am this morning to see the new FTR design advertised on Instagram. They don’t fuck about. 

5 hours ago, mrtrickio said:

Guess so. Wasn't it Allie flirting with QT Marshall at ringside all night?

Yeah she was also eyeing him up during Dark much to the annoyance of Brandi and Dustin. QT was acting like a total geek.

Obviously one of those it was a setup all along storylines but it'll be interesting if she's setting QT up on behalf of Butcher and Blade or someone else.

6 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

They are always quick to release designs as soon as possible. I woke up at 7am this morning to see the new FTR design advertised on Instagram. They don’t fuck about. 

That's crazy. Maybe they received a tip off that they were going to turn up or something. 

11 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I'm sure one of the announcers said Best Friends face the winners of next weeks match at Fyter Fest.

@Mr Butternut Squash Your post just reminded me that during the battle royale JR called Sonny Kiss 'she'. 

This might have been an example of JR being more progressive than you’d think. Sonny doesn’t mind being referred to as she.

Edited by RedRooster