MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

4 minutes ago, mrtrickio said:

Ric Flair

He has been signed back to WWE already. Apparently his contract was up in December, but they waited until news was out to sign him back. Shame because in a different universe Flair, Sting and DDP would have been perfect for the TNT Championship judges. One thing AEW really outshines WWE with is knowing how to create a big match feel.
Im really looking forward to their count down show tonight, hopefully it is just an hour of slick video packages and sit down interviews.

Isn’t it the case that anyone released on a 90-day non-compete can opt out and show up somewhere else, but they forfeit the chance to sit on their arse and play PS4 for three months whilst still getting paid?

I need Rusev on Saturday! Don’t kill my hopes and dreams! Fuck it; I’d almost be tempted to put him back with Aiden English, too. That was an act that should never have been broken up.

I’m almost as excited for the Countdown show tonight as I am for the PPV tomorrow. The Countdown show for Revolution was one of the best things anyone has produced in years. I still chuckle about Jericho saying he once knocked out Randy Couture at the Palms.

Edited by Supremo

21 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I need Rusev on Saturday! Don’t kill my hopes and dreams! Fuck it; I’d almost be tempted to put him back with Aiden English, too. That was an act that should never have been broken up.

Unfortunately I think it will be Zack Ryder as the mystery entrant for the ladder match which will feel like a let down at the time. Although realistically he is well better placed with the other members.

The Revival coming in seems pretty likely to me and bringing in four surprise WWE guys on one show would be overkill. I’d rather they left Rusev to chill for 90 days, announce it online and watch the Internet go into meltdown. Then give him plenty of hype videos, holding off on his debut till the fans are back.

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Its a difficult one because they've already got a lot of talent on their roster and I'd argue some of those haven't had the time to develop. As much as I'd love to see some of the guys mentioned get a shot, I don't want them to keep bringing too many ex WWE guys at the expense of others who need a chance to shine,

I know there's a lot of talent either suddenly free or about to be, and I know a lot of them probably have mates in AEW, but I REALLY don't want a flood of castoffs. They've already shoehorned Hardy into the Elite and persevered with a miscast Brodie Lee in a Title feud. I'd be happy if Revival came in and got immediately squashed by the Lucha Bros. Hell, even Best Friends. Bring them in, beat them to send the message that AEW is a different animal, and send them on their way.

That won't happen. That'd be crazy. 

Edited by CavemanLynn

Here’s a Thought, who’s on new Japan’s roster but US based? Could be a loan deal since international travel is off for the foreseeable even if they start running shows this year 

30 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Isn’t it the case that anyone released on a 90-day non-compete can opt out and show up somewhere else, but they forfeit the chance to sit on their arse and play PS4 for three months whilst still getting paid?

Unfortunately not. It's a notice period. They are still under contract for the 90 days, same as normal. WWE just chooses not to use them. Contractually, Rusev is just as possible as Roman Reigns. Obviously they implement it differently to when Bagwell and Raven got the option in the early 2000s.

It still might happen of course. If there was ever a time that WWE is going to be flexible about things it's now. After all, it's not like the released talent can work Indies, Japan or Mexico like normal. It wouldn't shock me if WWE just tells them to take the money if they can get it.

2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Its a difficult one because they've already got a lot of talent on their roster and I'd argue some of those haven't had the time to develop. As much as I'd love to see some of the guys mentioned get a shot, I don't want them to keep bringing too many ex WWE guys at the expense of others who need a chance to shine,

That's the key part for me.

For all the ex-WWE talent that they've brought in, they've mainly used them to work with,and put over their own guys. Jericho alone has done a superb job elevating everybody from the Inner Circle to Suge D. Even Brodie Lee, whose gimmick really isn't working, has only taken the role of Evil Uno and Stu Grayson, who weren't over anyway. He's still giving Silver, Reynolds and now 10 a reason to be on the shows.

As long as they keep using guys like that then I'm not really fussed about who they bring in.

Just now, CavemanLynn said:

I'd be happy if Revival came in and got immediately squashed by the Lucha Bros. Hell, even Best Friends. Bring them in, beat them to send the message that AEW is a different animal, and send them on their way.

A perverse part of me thinks it'd be hilarious if they put the Revival in the Dark Order just so Mr Brodie can do nothing with them.

They won't though, obviously.

21 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

I'd be happy if Revival came in and got immediately squashed by the Lucha Bros. Hell, even Best Friends. Bring them in, beat them to send the message that AEW is a different animal, and send them on their way.

If they do that then fans will start saying they are just as bad as WWE. Plus The Elite have been building the “Fuck The Revival” for ages.

There is no issue brining in a WWE guy it they have something to offer. Revival and Rusev definitely do, and Ryder was good at building popularity through YouTube silliness, so he has a logical spot too.

AEW don’t have every guy on every show, and want to cycle people in an out. There is room on the roster for more people with something to offer 

I reckon Cobb or Gulak turn up as proxy Tazz to scupper Darby. 

Otherwise you've got Cage (if he's healthy), Chris Hero and whoever else is floating around as possibilities.

24 minutes ago, Louch said:

Here’s a Thought, who’s on new Japan’s roster but US based? Could be a loan deal since international travel is off for the foreseeable even if they start running shows this year 

I doubt he's US based but I'd love to see Jay White in AEW at some point, people talk about MJF being such a good heel but Jay's excellent. He can work too, and reallllly piss off a crowd.

Fucking hell you couldn't pick 2 worse options than Zack Ryder or Chris Hero. Fingers crossed it isn't them. Any one from NWA or MLW that could be a good shout? I'm really hoping Jacob Fatu signs with AEW rather than WWE when his moment comes.

17 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Fucking hell you couldn't pick 2 worse options than Zack Ryder or Chris Hero. Fingers crossed it isn't them. Any one from NWA or MLW that could be a good shout? I'm really hoping Jacob Fatu signs with AEW rather than WWE when his moment comes.

Hammerstone's got great potential, not sure he'd be a big enough surprise tho.