MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Only just got round to watching the latest episode.

* The Omega/Hardy v P&P match was decent enough, which is something I never thought I’d say about Matt Hardy in 2020

* I’ve seen some people saying that Jericho/Suge D should’ve been given more than they were, but it was exactly what it should’ve been. I’ve heard Suge D’s name before but never seen him wrestle before and I’m sure he’s a decent guy, but you need to show that there’s a pecking order

Minor Quibbles

* Stone Cold Cody Rhodes driving all of 5 yards was ducking woeful

* “Aubrey Edwards didn’t see it because she was attending to Orange Cassidy” Why? Why was she attending to Orange Cassidy? He’s not in the match so let that ringside doc see to him. 

* I still don’t get the hype around MJF. He’s an OK talker but he’s not doing anything that we’ve not seen a bunch of times before. Granted he didn’t have a lot to work with here, but his in-ring is pretty average too, so where this whole “future world champion” talk comes from is anyone’s guess, unless we’re just conditioned now to know that everyone gets a go with the belt at some point.

* How’s anyone supposed to be afraid of Broadie Lee when you’ve got Bryce Remsburg slapping his hand away. I’ve never noticed it before, but Broadie Lee seems to take a lot of front bumps on his knees, he’s going to knacker those out before long.

The FiteTV feed had a load of trailers for that Cagefighter film that Moxleys in (which I understand because I think they’ve partly funded it), it looks fucking awful. Who watches those straight to DVD MMA films? There’s fucking loads of them

Edited by WyattSheepMask

39 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

This definitely should be the real theme for Dynamite. 

Brilliant that. If they started using that then @PowerButchi would probably tune in every week.

Last night was a good show, not technically the go-home show either as they have a special this Friday to promote Double Or Nothing. Page returning by sprinting the length of the pitch in cowboy boots and delivering a clothes line was fucking awesome. Then he walks off into the sunset as the camera pans up the reveal The Elite logo on the pitch, beautiful stuff. 
The Shawn Spears News is a fucking winner. I’ve been enjoying his work since joining AEW, but that segment blew everything else he has done out the water. I really hope they keep it up. 

MJF making Marko pick his nose and eat it was great. Rey Fenix gave Orange Cassidy his best match yet, that opening missed kick was superb. Really glad that Moxely broke 10’s arm. That gives me hope that he is just going to absolutely destroy the Dark Order and send them packing. I can’t see where the Dark Order can go now, but there are plenty of options for disbanding the group in entertaining ways 

I thought it was one of the weakest episodes of Dynamite ever until Adam Page turned up. I’m so glad that even without a crowd he still felt like a big deal and continued the brilliant act of showing up, smashing folks up, then ignoring everyone else and fucking off into the sunset. He’s the next big thing.

Sammy Guevara though. The success story of the year. Has there been a single AEW show where he hasn’t done something stupid or funny to set himself apart?

D5BCF2D1-C67A-4A40-B538-201D5D83A178.thumb.jpeg.1f1f154cb0206dfa44e39dbdf98fffe3.jpeg

He’s the best.

RIP Britt Baker’s leg and Ray Fenix’s back though. Rough night for accidents and injuries.

Edited by Supremo

6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I thought it was one of the weakest episodes of Dynamite ever until Adam Page turned up.

Weirdly, I thought that until Page showed up as well. Then when I went back and thought about the episode I remembered loads of stuff I had actually really enjoyed 

They’re a victim of their own success, I think.

When you’ve delivered shows as good as they have, it sets a huge standard that’s probably impossible to meet without a real crowd. Nothing was bad, and I’m far more excited for an empty-arena Pay Per View then I ever expected I would be, but everything’s going to feel disappointing when you’ve had previous PPV angles like the Mox/Jericho weigh in and the Cody/MJF whipping.

What do we reckon the chances are that they close the PPV with Mox and Brodie Lee? Surely they’d be mad to do that?

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

What do we reckon the chances are that they close the PPV with Mox and Brodie Lee? Surely they’d be mad to do that?

Title match should always go last. Not like they have to worry about a main event having a deflated crowd. If they keep Mox/Lee from going too long and some mad spots of Putties getting fucked up then it’ll be fine last.

It might be JR just being old, but I’m sure at one point he said that the “rings” would be in the middle of the pitch. Wonder if there will be a double ring for this and it will be replacing the blood and guts match. 

If the title match is going on last they better have Rusev ready to come out at the end or something. I love Mox, and Brodie has improved massively since dropping the majority of the Vince stuff, but that doesn't feel like a main event at all.

They still have one space in the ladder match which hopefully goes to Rusev. As much as I would like him to show up at the end they have already done the ending of a former WWE guy showing up by surprise. Although if it is Rusev I doubt anyone would care that they have already done it before 

One of the Dark Order unmasks and it’s Rusev doing that stupid grin of his. Brilliant.

I think his body type would give it away too quickly, would work better with The Revival because at least they would blend in a bit.