MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

I would obviously like to point out that I in no way was angling for a Jimmy Havoc vs Sting match and that I'm not that wanting of pain 😂 if this was TNA it would happen though. 

I don't have half the issues most people seem to have with the Dark Order. I think it's heading in the right direction gradually. With Stu and Uno MIA it took a hit but they quickly introduced the '10' character bestowed upon a local guy (Preston Vance) they thought had potential and gave him some wins on Dark. He's been protected from the usual minion beatdowns. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the rub over Moxley next week either with Brodie costing him the match before the title bout. We already know the identities of two other mask guys and they can be enhanced when they return. I think I would just like to see maybe two other known names unmask at some point and then you have a reasonable stable to start having many different matches with whom I would assume would be The Elite after the feud with Jericho's lot takes a break.

My assumption is Pineapple Pete will revert back to Suge D properly and at some point defeat Jericho. I thought they'd have a rematch at the PPV for this until they announced the Stampede match. He's got some mileage in him despite this relatively quick loss.

I loved the Jericho/Pineapple Pete match. For all the world I thought it would be a typical Jericho vs underneath guy match with Pete getting in hope spots and maybe a near fall. But nope, snuffed out completely. Real dick move from Jericho. After all the laughs and entertaining, killjoy Jericho was perfect.

@Philjax You honestly think Moxley’s first singles loss is going to be in a Russo-style ‘guy costs his opponent the win’ straight out of the 2000s? No way is Moxley losing to some guy in a mask, his first singles defeat has to mean something to elevate the guy who beats him. He’s their biggest star whose name isn’t Chris Jericho

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Isn’t the 90 days just if they appear anywhere else their wwe pay stops? Gulak contract ran out, so no 90 days 

46 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

If you like promos filled with metaphors, Hangman Page does a fucking blinder on BTE this week.

This is following the fun set-up the previous week, when he went out to live in the woods at first.

"There's nobody out here! I can say anything! Look - BOOBS! ....or ...I'M AFRAID I'LL NEVER ACHIEVE THE SUCCESS OF MY PEERS AND LET DOWN MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!"

Hangman has been bloody brilliant lately on BTE. A wrestler being worried that their career won’t get back on it’s hot streak after coronavirus shelving everything is such an organic and endearing story.

Would like to see Jericho really stick the knife in with that. As someone already established enough to not be effected, he has actually proved himself even more valuable during this period. Jericho can mock Page saying that the run of his career was cut short and that he’ll never achieve the same heights. The payoff would be an arena full of fans losing their shit for him for a feel good moment 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

I’d have liked some of this excellent sounding Hangman stuff to have actually turned up on their TV show. Hangman’s barely been referenced on Dynamite despite having been the best thing on it for a while, it would have been nice to use what he’s been doing. And yes yes, I know, lots of people watch BTE. But I don’t. I watch Dynamite. Put this on there!