MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

It feels like fans have been clamouring to see Brodie Lee as a violent nutcase big man for years, definitely disappointed with his character here.

How Janela has a job still baffles me. He looks like shit out there. Offers absolutely nothing.

4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

It feels like fans have been clamouring to see Brodie Lee as a violent nutcase big man for years, definitely disappointed with his character here.

That's the danger of letting everyone do what they want - Kenny Omega said last year, they're gonna try lots of things and they won't all work. There are always ways they can reset to that kind of character if Harper concedes the current one isn't working out, although by then the next bus will have pulled in and Rowan or Gallows could already be playing that role.

18 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

How Janela has a job still baffles me. He looks like shit out there. Offers absolutely nothing.

He....erm.... well I mean he..... no, but look he.... yeah okay I've got nothing....

53 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm actually okay with this. They really need to build up their 'own' stars before giving them runs with the belt, rather than hotshotting them for the sake of proving they're not all about the ex-WWE guys.

I'd be fine with it if Brodie Lee's character and gimmick wasn't so awful. He's clearly a talented guy, but this just doesn't work. 

16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'd be fine with it if Brodie Lee's character and gimmick wasn't so awful. He's clearly a talented guy, but this just doesn't work. 

I have no idea why they persist with the Dark Order. Clearly it's some kind of video game thing but if even your core fan base who lap up any old shit you serve them because 'Yay, AEW!!' are rejecting it you know it's time to pull the plug.
Plus, I don't think all the 'Hur-hur we'll do some stuff to take shots at Vince. Everyone will think that's cool' vignettes have worked either.

Brodie Lee can be a big scary looking bastard with dead-eyes. I don't fault him for trying something new but honestly, kill the Dark Order stuff and let him try something else as the 'Exalted One' thing is clearly not working [and seems like it was only done because the logical choice, Matt Hardy, probably refused to touch it with a ten foot pole. Either that or somebody decided -  'swerve!!!'...] 

Never thought I'd say in 2020 I expected to see Jake Roberts gyrating on top of Cody's wife while his snake drapes all over her but here we are.

That street fight was great for the most part for me. Sammy Guevara is a fucking star and if there isn't already a bunch of meme's and clips of him running while Matt Hardy tries to mow him down with a golf cart, I have my job for the day. I genuinely cackled at near 3am to that this morning. God I hope him and Jericho win the tag belts before the year is out.

1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

For a company that's been famed for changing course and cutting bait on things that ain't working, I'm astonished this Dark Order shit wasn't shot dead long ago.

They’ve been doing pre-taped for a while, so changing direction until now has been impossible anyway. They’ve got to give Brodie Lee a chance to get over before sacking him off already, but if anyone is going to send the Dark Order packing it should be Moxely. Be surprised if he doesn’t run through all the putties with ease before having a wild brawl with Lee.
Can’t think of anyone else who has been featured regularly enough to challenge for the belt either. 

@Shy Dad I saw this on twitter 

FF0-D1-EFA-13-B0-48-C5-9511-4151271633-B

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Yeah Moxley killing off the Dark Order for good is a cracking idea actually. 

The copy of the show I had when it cut to black you could hear a giddy Tony Khan saying "Fucking nailed it!" which was a nice touch.

9 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Lance Archer is also an Ex WWE guy. Had a run as Vance Archer about 10 years ago

He was in the WWE? Only remember him in TNA in the Rock n Rave infection.

Bloody hell, just googled him and he's 43! Another up and comer then.

17 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Lance Archer is also an Ex WWE guy. Had a run as Vance Archer about 10 years ago

He also went to Japan, worked his arse off recently, and did a damn good job of being a crazy heel.

Thankfully he's not another Albert.

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

He....erm.... well I mean he..... no, but look he.... yeah okay I've got nothing....

He's a perfectly capable midcard act who is fine for filling shows and putting the top guys over while occasionally beating lower card guys.

See that wasn't too difficult.

4 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

He's a perfectly capable midcard act who is fine for filling shows and putting the top guys over while occasionally beating lower card guys.

See that wasn't too difficult.

Nah we're talking about Joey Janella so the term 'perfectly capable' can't really be applied in his case.
Also there's really nobody worth a shit he should feasibly be beating.

If they want a jobber, fair enough, but you can hire those from local talent in the city you go to - you dont need to pay them the amount they're giving him.
Only good thing he was feasibly providing AEW was Penelope Ford and she's ditched him for Kip Sabian so they don't need him at all now.