MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

1 minute ago, wordsfromlee said:

I thought Cody couldn't go for the title anymore? Does this tournament not count then?

They announced a new title on 'The Road to....' - the TNT Championship. Basically the new TV title.

8 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Hate the TNT title's name. Sounds low rent. IC, US or International title would have sounded betterĀ 

Nah, it's fine. It's something new. WWE should have debuted a FOX title when they started on there.

Chris Jericho steals the show once again.

Ā 

Release the hounds!Ā šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Edited by Mr.Showtime
Dunno how to do a spoiler tag.

Have no real intention of watching after last week but saw the Jericho skit on Twitter and it's absolutely sensational. He's the GOAT. OK, he's not, but he's great.

Ā 

I came on here to post just that. I saw the video on twitter this morning and it had me howling. "RELEASE THE HOUNDS" followed by half a dozen wee dugs on the charge is genuinely great.

As discussed, the Broken stuff works better if the people involved know it's a comedy gimmick. Hopefully this is just mostly Jericho and Vanguard.

Yeah, that's piss funny. The tiny, disinterested dogs mooching about whilst Jericho screams at a drone along with "That little bastard stole my t-shirt" got proper laughs. I don't need to see this shit infront of an arena full of fans but keep it on Twitter or on Dark and with plenty of involvement from Jericho and it's gold.

Edited by cobra_gordo

This is the best way to deal with the Broken bollocks. Have Jericho royally taking the piss and let Hardy play it straight. Keeps Jericho from falling down a rabbit hole of nonsense and shows Matt up as a right tit for not realising his gimmick is pants.Ā 

Pretty good show for what it was. Colt Cabana and Tony actually make a decent commentary team. Hopefully we get more of it.

Jericho chasing after a drone screaming was brilliant.Ā 

That is absolutely mega. An inanimate object is more over than Hardy. Mad thing is, I really want Vanguard 1 to turn. "La Palais de Le Champion" was another great touch. AEW are great at adding rewatch value and fine details that flesh out the characters.Ā Jericho's having a blast, just all in on the ridiculousness of it all. He has EXACTLY the sort of dogs a guy who calls himself Le Champion would have. Release The Hounds is a t-shirt waiting to happen.

I admit I skipped last week's show, but the clips I've seen of this week's have a nice lo-fi vibe to them so I'll checkĀ back in.

Edit: And did Jericho call Hardy "Dumbass-cus"?? I'm never unhearing that. Hardy's toast.

Edited by CavemanLynn
Did he? He did, didn't he?