MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Agree to an extent - on the other hand it's guaranteed fresh content and a new narrative to pursue in the current climate. We don't know when the crowds are coming back - as nice as it would be to sit on everything and wait for things to improve, you can't push everything back six months. 

Am I the only person that thinks the whole Broken Matt schtick is well past its shelf life? It was amusing for a while, but I'm finding it pretty tedious now.

Jake Hager looks great, I've nearly forgotten he was Jack Swagger. Great job from AEW and Jake himself with that. 

2 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Agree to an extent - on the other hand it's guaranteed fresh content and a new narrative to pursue in the current climate. We don't know when the crowds are coming back - as nice as it would be to sit on everything and wait for things to improve, you can't push everything back six months. 

Is that you Vince?

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

Am I the only person that thinks the whole Broken Matt schtick is well past its shelf life? It was amusing for a while, but I'm finding it pretty tedious now

I take it you’ve not read anything on the last 6 or so pages

I would imagine the lineup is based heavily off who has been on the shows the last 2 weeks so not ideal, but it should elevate somebody!

Is Pac even in the country still for instance? I think I would want them to strap a rocket to THE BUTCHER in this instance and just fire the other guy. He'd make a great first champ squashing all those jobbers for 6 weeks on Dynamite or Dark. Darby Allin is the most obvious shout as I think he's probably some years away from the World Title but I reckon he gets screwed in the final after going through hell.

Potential lineup: Darby Allin, Kip Sabian, Colt Cabana, Joey Janela, SCU Member, Shawn Spears, Brandon Cutler OR QT Marshall (but hopefully neither) and a member of the Dark Order.

Of course I'd rather interchange many of those with Jungle Boy, the aforementioned Pac, maybe Dustin, and Hager instead of potentially Brodie Lee.

PAC still lives in England, so he’s likely to be off the show’s for a while. I’d have thought he’d have applied for US residence by now, but apparently that’s not the case. 

I’m guessing that Kip Sabian and Colt Cabana will meet somewhere in the tournament, but neither should be winning it. 

While I doubt it would ever happen, I wouldn’t be against The Butcher winning it to be honest. Massive guy whose lacks finesse and your smaller floppy guts can bump around for him.

I can see the winner being a heel though.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Have they been flying him in weekly from the UK? That's mental if so. Must cost a fortune.

40 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Have they been flying him in weekly from the UK? That's mental if so. Must cost a fortune.

I think PAC has just been smart with his money that he made while in WWE. There’s a YouTube video somewhere of him driving some really expensive sportscar, which he said that he owns. It wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility that he owns or at least is able to rent a place in the US, most likely in Florida, and comes over for however long his Visa lasts. It was Visa issues that prevented the match with Hangman at DoN if I recall 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

17 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

I think Cody will definitely be in. 

As predicted.

Cody vs Spears & Sammy vs Darby are two quarter final matches confirmed for next weeks show.

That's all the results from last night's Dark that I was going to watch then? Right, cheers for that.

Fuck's sake.

3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

That's all the results from last night's Dark that I was going to watch then? Right, cheers for that.

Fuck's sake.

Those arn’t spoilers as there weren’t any first round matches on Dark. The first half of the bracket, the matches that @The King of Old School posted, were announced in the first minute of the show

Sammy Guevara is winning the tournament surely?

He's been a highlight of AEW since it's started and he'd be great with a title. Beating Cody in the semi final would be a great set up for their feud as well, which seems to be inevitable at this point. Actually, there's logical reasons for almost all the babyfaces to want to knock him out.

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Good to know, and apologies to @The King of Old School - I'd seen most of the people involved mentioned in matches, so I put two and two together.

All the Dark matches are squashes, to try out potential signees, Mox is the biggest name on this week’s episode