MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

All Delete Wrestling is such a snazzy phrase. The shirts for it were out instantly and have already sold a fuck load apparently, good for Matt. The broken character has been neglected so hard in merch sales 

I'm curious if the quality of the videos will drop without JB there, he was a major part of the original Broken stuff. The Archer video was a good sign though, was Darby behind that?

Apparently Matt Hardy’s big idea that Vince McMahon wouldn’t let him do was be a sort of GM of a jobber division and have 15 minutes of the show to do the voice and book matches between workrate guys. It’s obviously a terrible idea for WWE, but it could be perfect for AEW Dark.

I just got done playing the career mode on WWE 2K19, and in that you go to Matt Hardy's "Multiverse" at one point, and later he gives you the opportunity to wrestle Bret Hart in his prime as a side match to the main story. I thought it was a waste of that concept to have it only used once in the game when it could have been fleshed out into something more entertaining.

Reading that idea, that's what a Matt Hardy GM role should like - basically an "alternate universe" show, with people randomly playing previous gimmicks, or whole new characters, random old wrestlers showing up for a one-off, all explained by Matt's bullshit cosmology.

Yeah so that didn't work. Tony is painfully exposed without Excalibur (and I love the guy). But he shouldn't be in that position. Ex gets a lot of stick but comparatively he keeps up with the action.

The AAA match wasn't nearly what it should be and the Hardy Jericho promo was a car crash. Not Austin playing with a good holding up a number bad but it didn't land. 

The Jake Roberts promo was ace.

For my money Brody Lee and Matt Hardy are in the wrong spots. Brody can't carry a promo and Hardy can't be taken seriously as a top guy. Not that the Brody match was booked right. He should have murdered QT.

The best bit was the Hager match. A good old squash.

Fuck me, Matt Hardy is shite. The Broken Matt stuff was already played out by the end of his TNA run anyway. And this time he doesnt have his bigger star bro with him.

How did they manage to put Luke Harper’s Vince McMahon impression on the same show as Cody saying he doesn’t think bitterness should have a place in wrestling? 😂

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

How did they manage to put Luke Harper’s Vince McMahon impression on the same show as Cody saying he doesn’t think bitterness should have a place in wrestling? 😂

It's not bitter. It's cool and edgy like everything AEW does. Keep up.

First time ever that AEW has had a TNA stink to it. Brodie Lee is horribly miscast in this role, adding the awful digs at Vince has really turned it into wrestlecrap already for me. Hardy is flogging a dead horse and not even Jericho can save him. 

Jake continues to be amazing, I just wish it had been Brodie as his guy and Archer was doing something different. 

I still prefer this to WWE but this was a real turn off episode. 

That YouTube video of DAMASCUS reminded me why I always thought the Broken stuff was shit. That segment hammered it home. I'd hit him with a chair and move him very quickly on from this garbage. 

Onega and Sammy was really good. I must be getting used to this empty arena shite.

Overridingly though, like WWE, there's just no need for a show. AEW isn't as painful as Raw and Smackers but its still pretty painful in this environment. The snide remarks and inside stuff doesn't help.

Watchable but definitely a drop in quality from last week.

Brodie Lee picking up Vince's habits could actually have some legs to it imo but I don't think it fits with The Dark Order at all.

Broken Matt will never work in a major promotion outside of mid card goofing about. Stick him in production and occasionally use him to elevate someone.

Moxley vs Swagger for the World Title

Matt Hardy vs Jericho

‘WCW mistakes’ are slipping in.

The Hardy stuff has a time and a place but this is definitely starting to live up to my original fears of it not really fitting into AEW. I really admire the guy wanting to be creative but yeah, it's a really weird spot for him to slip into.

57 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Broken Matt will never work in a major promotion outside of mid card goofing about. Stick him in production and occasionally use him to elevate someone.

He's a name, a good hand and a confident talker. He has value. God knows why he is so wedded to this shite. Then again, you saw tons of posts and messages from people crying about WWE not doing the Broken stuff and then not doing it right so maybe that gives them validation. They're lucky Raw had that Austin segment and AJ Styles for the last couple of weeks otherwise this would have been the worst segment in empty-arena era wrestling.

49 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Moxley vs Swagger for the World Title

Matt Hardy vs Jericho

‘WCW mistakes’ are slipping in.

Not really. Clearly current circumstances are forcing them to work with what little they have. The reality is that these empty arena stripped back shows are just going to be pretty shite no matter what they do.