MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Considering the circumstances, AEW's presentation is the best way I can imagine doing an empty arena show every week and it still being watchable. Overall, I thought it was a good show. Brodie Lee's ring gear is beyond awful though. Loved the wrestlers being at ringside, especially MJF and Shawn Spears heckling throughout and drinking wine. When AEW signed Colt Cabana I wasn't particularly enamoured with the idea but he's actually been really good so far. He's playing a natural white meat lowercard likeable good guy having a bit of fun rather than leaning too much into comedy which he's never actually been good at despite being a mostly comedy wrestler. The Lance Archer vignette in the woods was bloody lovely stuff and exactly the type of stuff AEW should rip off from Lucha Underground. I'm hoping they are filming loads of backstage stuff and vignettes to fill the TV time up over the next few weeks.

Edited by LaGoosh

Hardy is on today’s talk is Jericho. Lots of good chat and nice to know information that the Hoyt stuff was filmed at Darby Allins place 

Setting up matches for different 'arenas' like the Parking Lot brawl seems like a great idea given the no-crowd situation. The Blackman-Shamrock parking lot brawl, where they had a bunch of the roster in their civvies banging on the sides of their trucks parked in a circle with the headlights on was a great visual, even if the match wasn't up to much. I can see Fenix having a blast flying off car bonnets. I think AEW have got the smarts to make this worthwhile. It could end up being proper backstage Playstation WWF stuff. Bar fights, training mat scuffles, a tables match on the entrance stage where the tables are lined up on the arena floor like a Pit Fatality waiting to happen. Fantasy booking again. Sorry.

Fite are offering a free trial of AEW Plus....just announced - that should give some people some fun content to watch over the weekend and take minds off the horrible, horrible news. 

1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

Fite are offering a free trial of AEW Plus....just announced - that should give some people some fun content to watch over the weekend and take minds off the horrible, horrible news. 

Where can I redeem this mate?

1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

take minds off the horrible, horrible news. 

WrestleMania is gonna be over two nights?

1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Where can I redeem this mate?

Edited by MPDTT
deleted post

Tony Kahn has announced Blood and Guts War Games has been indefinitely postponed. Dynamite to continue live like on Wednesday though.

Probably for the best imo. No point wasting something you actually can control right.

It probably wasn’t the best idea to have their lads bleeding all over each other in the cage with the current climate, so a good call all in all.

Yeah I was thinking the same myself. It's not ideal obviously but I'm fine with Dynamite continuing in it's current format as long as everyone involved is fine doing so.

20 hours ago, Louch said:

Hardy is on today’s talk is Jericho. Lots of good chat and nice to know information that the Hoyt stuff was filmed at Darby Allins place 

Thanks for the heads up. Listened to it yesterday afternoon. Nice, easy, back and forth interview. Can see Hardy having lots of creative fun in AEW. 

Now is the perfect time to sign Matt Hardy really, there can’t be many people with his imagination to make stuff like this work.

i can see a situation in a month or two where full shows are coming from his ridiculous house.