MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

1 minute ago, Philjax said:

So where is Dynamite taking place from this week? Is this the one that got moved from Rochester to Daily's Place?

No, that's next week. This week was advertised around the match to earn the advantage in Wargames.

Looks like Dynamite is going empty arena for the foreseeable future too.

Edited by DEF

Hardy compound would probably need more people to set up, unless they just go gorilla style which I don’t see being Khans thing at all 

One of the main reasons AEW feels so much better and fresher than WWE is the hot crowds so it does concern me that they’re going to lose a lot with having to put shows on behind closed doors as such. Real shame this, let’s hope they up their game with the video packages as that is something they are good at.

2 hours ago, Doog said:

One of the main reasons AEW feels so much better and fresher than WWE is the hot crowds so it does concern me that they’re going to lose a lot with having to put shows on behind closed doors as such. Real shame this, let’s hope they up their game with the video packages as that is something they are good at.

This is proper trial by fire shit imo. Excelling in these circumstances will be a proper test and I'm hopeful they can be creative enough to do so. But bloody hell this isn't what you want for a start up is it.

Masterfully executes debuts for Matt Hardy and Brodie Lee.

Another phenomenal promo from Cody.

AEW are knocking it out of the park as the WWE really start to flounder.

I cant believe AEW revealed Hardy like that given the circumstances, it felt flatter than a pancake. Imagine if they'd held that off and did the drone thing in front of their fans, it would have been insane. Then have it off the air with everybody in the building do the delete thing, that would have been a moment Instead it was naff as fuck.

I do commend the attempt of these companies attempting to carry on, but you can't work angles that without an audience, it just doesnt work. Wrestling without an audience doesnt work.

Some cool stuff playing with the concept but another weird show, generally.

They needed to do the six man tag as advertised so give them a pass there but running matches for no one isn't working so having a load of them wasn't great.

I thought they could have knocked it out of the park with their ability to pre-tape vignettes but there weren't enough of them.

Character work was good, as usual. Interactions with the people sitting in "the crowd" was good. Setting up a parking lot brawl and a lumberjack match was clever.

Agree on the Matt Hardy debut too. Just felt flat.

I stayed up and watched it live, and felt they did the best they could. Brodie’s “you are just another out of touch old man who doesn’t believe in me” was brilliant. Hopefully this week gives them time to record more away from the arena, I expected some Darby Allin, more Matt Hardy teasers. Having some crowd noise was better than nothing, but if these keep going on I can’t see me keeping watching shows in full

It was a better show than the WWE ones, but mostly because they decided to put more into it, while WWE have played theirs down a bit.

It was almost a preview into how entertaining and depressing Wrestlemania will be.

A fun show but you just know how much better it would be in front of fans.

I'm still okay with these shows happening and I am still enjoying them but you can't help thinking what if...