MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Some sloppiness aside a really fun battle royal. Butcher looks the business imo and fuck me Sammy G took a mean superkick.

Woman's match was ok but they need to bin JR from women's matches and have Taz out there. Never thought that I would be posting that in 2020.

Mox Vs. Cobb was decent and I enjoyed the post match shenanigans. Darby is great.

Rose Vs. Statlander and/or Swole doesn't interest much so hopefully that's not the PPV match.

Loved the tag title match and they totally had me with the Omega/Page miscommunication. I'm hoping that Omega sides with Page and fucks the Bucks off at Revolution.

Cage match was great.

Some hiccups aside AEW perfectly fills the void for me.

8 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Remember in 88 when George Steele refused to get in the ring during the Battle Royal and they just forgot about him. What was that about?

Was it not he got injured making his entrance and they improvised the rest? Possibly a false memory but I think that's what I read. 

10 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm struggling to think of anything bad that really stood out. The Dark Order weren't as annoying as usual? Brandi Rhodes gets her own toy despite being the worst woman wrestler on the roster? Teasing a CIMA heel turn? Jim Ross was a bit crap at times? No PAC video? There's not a lot to really moan about.

It’s Statlander for me. If your lead announcer has to ask around the announce table to establish what the hell your gimmick is about, something has gone wrong.

Having said that, pretty much everything else on this show was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Darby looked like an absolute megastar, and his return felt genuinely exciting.

Unlike WWE, AEW has an abundance of strong, or potentially strong babyface characters right now. You of course have Cody, and the there’s Darby, Moxley, Dustin Rhodes, Luchasaurus, Hangman Page...the top of the card feels really exciting and fresh. 

What a solid show. As much as it gets a bit moves moves moves at times, I think there were so many moments that elevated everything.

Private Party's assisted catskinning and cheeky smiles.

I fucking love whoever-it-is-in-PNP's tiger style.

Cassidy beaming in out of nowhere to save Trent, and then the ambush by the Bunny.

The ongoing stuff with Page. Even when he holds things together, he ends up dwelling on the mistakes he made. Side note though: fuck the Bucks. They came off as insufferable smothering pricks here, scooting in at the end and dragging a knackered Kenny away from Page in the post match.

And turn Penta heel already. Christ.

I admit, streaming this with the time on screen, I beamed inside when I saw the main had only 15 minutes. No marathon main that risked exposing rookie Wardlow here. Cody sold like an absolute madman, and made Wardlow look a complete monster. Just chucking Cody all over the shop. Love the sly dig of the name F10. The obviousness of the blade was overshoe by the change of pace for stock spots - I'm so accustomed to seeing the cheese grater spot done so deliberately that it was exciting watching Wardlow just haul Cody all over the steel mesh. They made no attempt to hide that Wardlow was green and actually played into it by having him clearly look to MJF for guidance.

And of course, the steel door spot.

It's two months of killer angles for Cody vs MJF, not including the yearlong turn. The booking of this and Drew since the Rumble are night and day.

9 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

And turn Penta heel already. Christ.

Definitely. Feels like there's not much for the Lucha Bros to do in the crowded tag scene but the singles scene is pretty light. Cool heel Penta and plucky babyface Fenix is the way things are meant to be.

29 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Love the sly dig of the name F10.

I don’t think it was a ‘sly dig’, it was just a modification of a pre-existing move. A 630  splash instead of a 360, If you will.

I totally agree that they should just go ahead and turn Pentagon, or at the very least have him move on and do his own thing. It feels like The Lucha Bros have faced pretty much everyone they could face in AEW, which is insane given that the promotion is so young.

Britt and Tony trying to get there "Tony is lucky to have a job" angle over with the Starbucks cup, and JR chimes in "DOES IT HAVE BLUCHEW IN IT?" Fuck off. Let Tony and Britt do their thing.

I've only just realised The Blade is Braxton Sutter from Impact and Allies real life husband. 

It really should not have taken me this long. Big love for how just big and brutish The Butcher looks though.

What a babyface. Watching this show and that promo two days after Chucklin’ Drew McIntyre took his final form of shitty, embarrassing party host? Forget feeling like they’re in different businesses, it feels like they’re in completely different dimensions.

This show was phenomenal. Raw has been better than usual in recent months but Dynamite has been on a whole other level. A genuine belter of a show week after week.

He's really good on the mic, cuts a great dickhead promo and bumps like a maniac so yes, definitely. 

I thought the last 2 shows have been PPV worthy. Just superb. But then you'd expect me to say that. I know a lot of my AEW fan boy grand statements I made from the moment the promotion was announced rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way, and I'll wear my dolt of the year award with pride - but I think I'm being proved right! Renewed for 3 more years, likely to be profitable this year and most importantly awarded 'show of the year' in the UKFF awards.......AEW is exactly what wrestling needed. I just wish they could start turning their success into increased raings and push above the million mark.

AEW is great right now, New Japan is good, ROH is finding its feet again & apparently Impact is too (but I just don't have time to watch another weekly 2 hour show) - there is an abundance of really good content out there right now for wrestling fans who are turned off by WWE.

2 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

Anybody think they could do more with Jack Evans ?

Seal him in concrete and dump him in the North Sea.